Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

CB prizes won't die from sickness, your sister doesn't need to worry :3

Late edit to add: If I remember correctly it's not stated on the prize confirmation (what's it really called again? |D) page.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

My sister ran up to me this morning, totally in panic "oh my god my egg is sick, what should I do, I hope it doesn't die D:". Suggested to her once again to create a forums account but well, she still doesn't want. ^^ Is it mentioned on that mysterious you-won-raffle-yey-page that they won't die from sickness? Maybe she just didn't read it because of excitement. ^^

Edit: For the curious ones, she chose the code tarja. wink.gif

It's stated in TJ's first Raffle Status post:

Trading

Prize eggs given out from this year's raffle will not be tradable. They will be abandonable. As in the past, they will also be protected from sickness.

Think it should better say "they will be protected from death" as I saw a lot of sick CB prizes lately. But I never saw one dying form sickness in the past years.

My sister ran up to me this morning, totally in panic "oh my god my egg is sick, what should I do, I hope it doesn't die D:". Suggested to her once again to create a forums account but well, she still doesn't want. ^^ Is it mentioned on that mysterious you-won-raffle-yey-page that they won't die from sickness? Maybe she just didn't read it because of excitement. ^^

Edit: For the curious ones, she chose the code tarja. wink.gif

I want a baby from that egg!! It reminds me of the FE charcter Tharja and she is an epic character.

I think she took that code, because she loves Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish, some of you may know - yes at least my sister has a good taste in music xd.png). Dunno what she'll do with her prize, we will see. ^^

And yes, TJ should change that text to avoid confusion. The egg is still sick and not dead, but she had to fog her other eggs that went sick as well. ^^

I'd been doing so good on keeping my prize from getting sick, but it happened anyhow. 8I Ah well.

...and as I've discovered, finding a name in reference to this character is hard as anything. Whole lot of Homestucks on this site grabbing those up--at least they have good taste. u':

I'd been doing so good on keeping my prize from getting sick, but it happened anyhow. 8I Ah well.

...and as I've discovered, finding a name in reference to this character is hard as anything. Whole lot of Homestucks on this site grabbing those up--at least they have good taste. u':

Wooo Homestuck fan! biggrin.gif If I won a prize I would've named it after a character on Homestuck. Actually, I reserved the name on another dragon just in case. xd.png But yeah, there's a bunch of us here in dragcave, although I managed to grab 'Terezi's Pyralspite' for one of my pyralspites. xd.png

There's definitely a reason I snagged Droog as my code. B'> then again, I am also a shameless intermission RPer. So--that's a thing.

Nice grab, though. U8 I don't think I have any overt Homestuck references myself yet? Not. counting Droog because--well, he's not even hatched yet. Soon, though!

I almost forgot!

Now that eggs are popping up on scrolls, I'll remind everyone that I've got a Google doc for prize winners so we can bloodswap and whatnot easily! biggrin.gif Just PM me if you're interested.

I've never had an influenced egg misgender before in all the time we've had the BSA.

Guess who just gendered incorrectly? sad.gif

Edited by RagaDal

I've never had an influenced egg misgender before in all the time we've had the BSA.

I saw that, I'm sorry sad.gif

I'm glad mine gendered right, but I'm sorry for the people who weren't so lucky.

I saw that, I'm sorry sad.gif

I'm glad mine gendered right, but I'm sorry for the people who weren't so lucky.

I shouldn't be that upset, but I honestly am. It's like even when I win, I lose. (Real life has been really tough lately, so I actually needed something to cheer me up. Not happening.)

I shouldn't be that upset, but I honestly am. It's like even when I win, I lose. (Real life has been really tough lately, so I actually needed something to cheer me up. Not happening.)

Oh no Raga I'm so sorry ):

Have you tried PMing TJ? He might be able to help.

I didn't even know gendering could fail after influence... ._.

I'm sorry to hear that though, I think TJ can fix the gender though can't he?

Edited by DarkdragoonXHybrid

On the bright side, now you have a ton of new opportunities that you didn't have before! Different pairings to consider, different sprites to try, and a huge pile of new options!

*hugs* It is that one in a million chance it can and trust me it is definitely frustrating. I am so sorry this happened with your little one though, and I really do hope your day gets better. The plans may have changed but hey, hes still a special baby even if he defied the influence. He is strong and will not be deterred in being what he wants to be. Hopefully that little bit makes you smile. Defiant little bugger but still a much loved and special little bugger so don't loose hope~

I hope everyone else's babies are doing good and growing, I can't wait to see all the pretty lines and babies to float around from all the interesting pairs, defiant or not.

Oh that's horrible! I'm so sorry about that. I was kinda hoping TJ had mad it impossible for CBs to ignore influence; people can put a lot of stock into there imagined ideal dragon. I don't blame you for being upset, I'd have been crushed if James chucked influence.

Part of me thinks you should PM TJ but tbh not convinced he'd do anything given his refusal to change codes. Worth a shot though?

On a completely different note, what is the point of influence fail? How does that benefit the game in any way? All it does is frustrate people when an irreplaceable dragon genders wrong.

I'm so sorry, Raga! I can easily understand how that sucks.

hm... I don't seem able to get many views although I have it in every hatchery I can find^^ What is your secret?

I'm sorry, that's really frustrating and unfair. sad.gif I hope your recalcitrant prize makes it up to you by breeding tons of shiny babies.

I didn't influence Oasis, and I woke up today to find that... she's a girl! I think that's what I secretly must have wanted, because I was really happy to see it. ^.^ Nice to meet you, my little desert jewel.

Edited by arula

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't even remember that you were wanting a female. Does this mess up the name you had in mind? Maybe we can help you brainstorm a new one.

I really ought'a make some kind of sig badge for Droog, but--well, for now, I'll just leave the icon I have. 8'U Should probably put a more visible link to him in my signature, though. I want to get him a lot of clicks.

Sorry to hear about the gendering thing, though. 8< Hopefully the breeding results make up for it at the very least.

I am so sorry to hear that... My friends and I are on pins and needles, waiting for Yslari to gender. I'd be quite sad if he went female. *hugs tightly*

Think about it, though - RagaD may be a defiant little one, but maybe it means he'll breed well for you.

Yslari is still being a pain in the donkey.. max views and no gender. *peers at him* You'd better be a him, little one. biggrin.gif

Its funny. I always kind of underestimated what you owners go through. I post that I'm helping manage the list for Yslari, and list is closed.. And I've still gotten a PM or two. rofl

On a completely different note, what is the point of influence fail? How does that benefit the game in any way? All it does is frustrate people when an irreplaceable dragon genders wrong.

Its to add some difficulty and realism. Not everything is gonna go 100% right 100% of the time. Just like (refusals aside) Not every pairing will produce an egg.