Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

Still no news on the winners yet? sad.gif

TJ will post in the news section when that happens.. So far he is later than the last two years, so no one knows when emails will go out.

I already dreamt about winning my own CB Holly, I don't see how much more I can delude myself! tongue.gif And honestly... I just want to know at this point that I didn't win. The chances of me winning, unless TJ greatly changed the numbers, are about as likely as a vending machine squishing me (Don't ask me for numbers, I may not be accurate lol). Of course, I'd rather win... but still. My point is I know I won't. tongue.gif

@Amazon- You'd be the one to catch another, lol

Wow I didnt realize so many people would answer my prize color question. O_O I kinda dont want the prize to be awarded right now because it sucks to read about everyone else winning but then again.... I WANT TO KNOW ! *fidgets impatiently*

TJ will post in the news section when that happens.. So far he is later than the last two years, so no one knows when emails will go out.

I already dreamt about winning my own CB Holly, I don't see how much more I can delude myself! tongue.gif And honestly... I just want to know at this point that I didn't win. The chances of me winning, unless TJ greatly changed the numbers, are about as likely as a vending machine squishing me (Don't ask me for numbers, I may not be accurate lol). Of course, I'd rather win... but still. My point is I know I won't. tongue.gif

@Amazon- You'd be the one to catch another, lol

As of this point, PM notifications aren't coming through - no idea if this apparently provider-end problem affects emails from DC, but I thought this might help you feel better about the wait. smile.gif

Plus it helps keep the CB Holly dream alive a little longer, and you never know, someone has to win, after all, lol.

Edit: thanks, arenee1999!

Edited by Syphoneira

As of this point, PM notifications aren't coming through - no idea if this apparently provider-end problem affects emails from DC, but I thought this might help you feel better about the wait.  smile.gif

The notification actually goes out by email to the email address you have listed on you DC account not through the forums at all. So the current PM issues won't affect the notification process.

EDITED for spelling fail

Edited by arenee1999

Can somebody list the HM prizes given out in previous years?

There isn't a list anywhere. Not everyone that received an HM announced it and no public record is kept of who wins.

Can somebody list the HM prizes given out in previous years?

There is no list. However, I think the majority of them tend to be CB hollies with some scattered CB Alt Blacks or CB gold/silvers.

Edited by WraithZephyr

Along with cb frills. I think there may have been GoNs tossed in there too.

I haven't heard of any other prizes chosen.

Personally, I'd primarily like to win so that I could finally get some 2nd-gen prize dragons for my even-gen lineages. It's so hard to get your hands on those if you can't breed them yourself. I'm still waiting for a 2nd-gen tinsel and a 2nd-gen shimmer I got onto lists for last year!

But if they were pygmies, now, I'd want one just because they'd be completely adorable. :-D

Even-gens yeah!

I'm not interested in collecting 2nd-gen Shimmers but I'd totally love to exchange 2nd-gen Shimmerkin so I can create checkers.

There will probably be no stairstep lineages with my dragon and I will keep all 2nd-gen Prizes. But first I'd need to win haha.

@Claudii

But if I'd win a CB Prize, I would try to keep it secret for quite a while, because I don't want to get loads of PMs full of trade offers or begging or whatever. I would gift some offspring to people who have done me good. Maybe I would gift to random people when I feel like doing it. And maybe I would keep some offspring to create pretty lineages, and maybe most likely I would trade some 2nd gens for 2nd gens from other Prize dragons or whatever I want at that moment.

I'd keep it a secret too. Hide my scroll and everything. And probably (don't know if it's possible) disable PM's directed to me on this forum for a while.

There are people on this forum who were nice to me in the past, don't get me wrong - but I don't feel I owe them something. I know other players from somewhere else who I'd love to give something, though (2 people). But overall, I don't owe anyone something. I don't know any DC player in real life and I am not that emotionally attached to other players or to this game. (I have a house, a husband, two cats, friends, work & Japanese studies to do. And I plan to get children soon. All of them/these things are more important to me than DC or internet friendships.)

And while I really love the idea of gifting random people and think I could do that, too, I honestly doubt I will do it because of the possible negative consequences.

Trading offspring? Probably not. I prefer to catch or get what I need for my scroll myself and as I said before, I don't really care about collecting all the Shimmer/Tinsel lines or Alt Spriter's offspring. I think if I decided to go on the trading market it'd be only to decrease the value of Prize dragons so other people cannot ask for CB Golds anymore.

@Tabitah

And I am sorry for you not having meet those generously good-hearted players here, of course they don't do that in public (gifting cb metallics i.e.) because all those greedy players will profit and that is what they try to avoid. They are here but you can't find them, they will find you ;-)

Aww, don't feel sorry for me wink.gif I met generous people here, too, but I have yet to see someone gifting CB Golds or low-gen Prizes. Overall I can say I met the good-hearted people - or should I say I was found by them? - in another internet place.

===========

It amuses me to see the entries of eagerly waiting people here biggrin.gif

Someone is going to win, but it may or not be us/me, so let's be patient thumbs_up.png

It amuses me to see the entries of eagerly waiting people here biggrin.gif

Someone is going to win, but it may or not be us/me, so let's be patient thumbs_up.png

Patience? What is this... patience... that you speak of? Will you share, can I try it?

*I obviously have none*

I saw TJ make a post in help earlier today, and I was like... TJ! Yay, he's here, he'll send the emails!! Did that happen? No. tongue.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

And it seems there is no news tonight.

I walked back through the news threads.  2013's announcement was made on January 8th and 2012's announcement was on January 1st, but 2011's announcement wasn't made until January 19th, so based on those, we may still have a few days to wait. *sigh*

And repeat!

@ EscapistLore - I saw where he was in the threads earlier, too. There was an issue with e-mail that he was working on, so maybe that needed to be fixed before the prize notifications could go out.

Maybe, tomorrow? smile.gif

Edited because my keyboard is not helping my typing. dry.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Words cannot express how badly I want a cb prize dragon. My internet is far too slow to compete with all the people trying to grab cb metals and such. And I never have anything worth trading for them. A year after shimmers were released the lowest gen breedable shimmer I have is 5th gen. I can't catch anything that could be worth trading for 3rd or even 4th gens. I won't even bother with 2nd gens, that's just an out of reach dream for me at this moment. Getting a prize or even an HM would change my entire game. However you can count the amount of times luck has smiled upon me in this game with one hand, so I'm trying not to get my hopes high. If by some miracle from God I do win, I wouldn't tell a soul, and my first couple of babies would be gifted to people who have zero shimmers lower than 3rd gen. I would only trade 3rd gens though. I'm tired of seeing the same elite group of people who have 2nd gen shimmers from evey line. As awful as that sounds. laugh.gif

And repeat!

@ Escapist Lore - i saw where he was in the threads earlier, too. there was an issue with e-mail that he was working on, so maybe that needed to be fixed before the prize notifications could go out.

Maybe, tomorrow?

Huh, maybe he wants to wait for the backlog to go out first. I could wait til tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow wouldn't be too bad.. I think. ^.^

Oh, I can just imagine all the EG lineages I could breed if I won a prize! biggrin.gif

Words cannot express how badly I want a cb prize dragon.

Sigh, you and 99% of people on DC .-.

Edited by Erica8798

As of this point, PM notifications aren't coming through - no idea if this apparently provider-end problem affects emails from DC, but I thought this might help you feel better about the wait. smile.gif

Plus it helps keep the CB Holly dream alive a little longer, and you never know, someone has to win, after all, lol.

Edit: thanks, arenee1999!

TJ probably writes the e-mail and sends it to the winners himself (or created an easier to use method), so I don't think it's affected by the PM problem?

It might have slowed him down however. He probably had to decide numbers and stuff too, so maybe he spent a few days reading opinions on the suggestions for the raffle. At least that's what I think caused the small delay (compared to last year?)

Along with cb frills. I think there may have been GoNs tossed in there too.

I don't THINK so....

It USED to be that available HMs were: (my bold)

Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), Frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and Vampires.

Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, Bright Pinks, Fake Eggs (like "XD" or "<3" eggs), non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except Vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

IN THE CAVE ! GoNs aren't available in cave.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I figure every day he doesn't announce that the winners have been contacted, is another day I have the hope that I might have won something!

There are so many things I'd love to do with any sort of win, but I am trying to not spend too much time hoping and planning for something that has a very very small chance of happening.

I DO know I wouldn't advertise my win for some time if it was a prize. HM I might.

I don't THINK so....

It USED to be that available HMs were: (my bold)

IN THE CAVE ! GoNs aren't available in cave.

If you keep reading, there is frilled, then GoN.

I mentioned it because during the tree decorating contest, there was one winner who wanted a GoN as their prize.

If you keep reading, there is frilled, then GoN.

I mentioned it because during the tree decorating contest, there was one winner who wanted a GoN as their prize.

Good grief. I missed that, given the "in cave or by breeding" bit. I blush and apologise !

Amazing.

Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), Frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and Vampires.

Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, Bright Pinks, Fake Eggs (like "XD" or "<3" eggs), non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except Vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

Would leetle trees count, right? Or are they considered Fake Eggs?

I figure the chances of me getting one are extremely low, so if by some chance I do win HM, I think I would ask for one.

Would leetle trees count, right? Or are they considered Fake Eggs?

I figure the chances of me getting one are extremely low, so if by some chance I do win HM, I think I would ask for one.

I advise you not to do that (but I think it is not possible to choose leetle trees anyway).

There are still leetle trees in the cave and users who already have one on their scroll cannot get another one. Chances that you can get them in the cave anytime later are higher than winning the raffle again...

@KaelaBoo24

If by some miracle from God I do win, I wouldn't tell a soul, and my first couple of babies would be gifted to people who have zero shimmers lower than 3rd gen.

We think similarly. If I decided to trade or gift the eggs would only go to people who usually cannot afford the "high prizes".

Edited by Mondat

Personally, I would trade the first few 2nd gens for stuff I'm missing (like the Neglected and so on), and after I'm done completing my scroll, will start gifting the next 2nd gens. ;P

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. There could be so many people in this raffle that the odds of winning even a HM would be like... 5% or less.

Edited by Beldarius

for an HM, I would likely go with CB Holly... just so I can have a full deck of cards so to speak. managed to get 3rd-4th-5th-6th-7th gens this past Christmas. If I got a CB then I could easily fill in the 2nd gen slot next christmas LOL.

For a main prize.. I'd probably keep it quiet to myself for a while. Breed a couple of 2nd gens for myself and then probably rotate breeding successes between gifting and trading for a while, then breed for myself and so on - much like I do with my metallic golds already. I probably wouldn't bother with any lists as I wouldn't want to lock myself into promises that might not be able to happen... i know how some dragons can go on breeding strikes for long periods and prize dragons are already a finicky lot.

Personally, I would trade the first few 2nd gens for stuff I'm missing (like the Neglected and so on), and after I'm done completing my scroll, will start gifting the next 2nd gens. ;P

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. There could be so many people in this raffle that the odds of winning even a HM would be like... 5% or less.

Lol, if 40,000 entries have a chance at 100 prizes (using what I seem to recall as previous numbers given on threads; anyone better informed, please post the correct numbers from last year if known by anyone?) the odds would be considerably less than 5%, lol.

I keep thinking of snowballs in specifically VERY hot places... xd.png

Lol, if 40,000 entries have a chance at 100 prizes (using what I seem to recall as previous numbers given on threads; anyone better informed, please post the correct numbers from last year if known by anyone?) the odds would be considerably less than 5%, lol.

I keep thinking of snowballs in specifically VERY hot places... xd.png

If there were 40000 entries, then it's not even close to 1% lol