Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

Everyone is chomping the bit, waiting for the raffle to be drawn, and the announcement of this year's Prize Dragon.

Here is a thread to give you something to talk about to others while we wait. Burn off steam so to speak, lol.

So what would you like the new Prize Dragon to look like? What are your plans for it, if you win?

Personally, I just hope whoever is spriting it this year is a bit more generous and open about sharing offspring from their sprite, than in previous years.

EDIT: At this time, we do not know when the drawing will take place. TJ will make an announcement soon. This is just for speculation and discussion. Thank you.

Edited by Riverwillows

Unfortunately, it is likely that the prize dragon this year will just be more shimmers. I may be wrong though.

I don't care what the dragon is so long as I win. MY plan would be to trade offsprings. Hmmm, does anyone know why so many prizes have cool codes?

Last year, TJ told us there would be new prize dragons. Seeing that he didn't this year, I suspect he is going to use shimmers again.

If he does, I have no issues with that. Though I suspect some might because the amount of shimmers released match the total amount of tinsels that were given.

@Sarah864

The winners are allowed to pick the code for their prize dragons.

Hmm. Well, the first Prize was the Tinsel, and last year, it was the Shimmers. So, I don't think there is any reason to expect a copy of last years, when so far, they've all been different. Although, it probably WILL be the usual Gold Silver and Bronze types.

Unfortunately, it is likely that the prize dragon this year will just be more shimmers. I may be wrong though.

Unfortunately, I agree. Tinsels were released twice, so it would only make sense for the Shimmers to do the same.

Hopefully next year's prizes are nicer-looking.

I reckon shimmers again which adore, they are so pretty. And of course like everyone would love to win.

Also yep in the past you have gotten to pick a code smile.gif Pretty awesome!!!

If you were a HM winner what kind of prizes are there and what would you pick?

Ok, yeah, I guess it could be shimmers again then. It be nice to see something new though.

IF by some miracle I win something, I have a code and name all picked out, same one from last year, and no, I won't tell! hehe.

I would probably do weekly trade bids in the usual way, no more lines, I am still having probs with my current obligations!! lol.

If I was an HM winnter, I would request a CB Old Pink, I only have the one.

Edited by Riverwillows

If I were a shiny winner, I would obviously choose a nice code, I already know a few which are not taken yet. Not sure what I would do with its offspring, perhaps gift to completely random (and responsible .-.) people.

If I were a HM winner, I would choose a Frill (if they will be availlable this time), a CB alt Black or a CB Hybrid.

Unfortunately, I agree. Tinsels were released twice, so it would only make sense for the Shimmers to do the same.

Hopefully next year's prizes are nicer-looking.

Yes, but Tinsels were released twice, bringing their numbers to 10 Golds, 20 Silvers and 30 Bronzes. There's already that much Shimmers

If I ever won I'd do whatever the hell I wanted to with it. I probably wouldn't keep a list (unless if there were some really special offers. And I'm not talking about bunch of Cb metals). Offsprings would be traded in the trading threads or gifted. Noooo lists. I'm too lazy for that.

Hmm. Well, the first Prize was the Tinsel, and last year, it was the Shimmers. So, I don't think there is any reason to expect a copy of last years, when so far, they've all been different. Although, it probably WILL be the usual Gold Silver and Bronze types.

No, you are missing a year. There were two years of tinsel prize dragons and last year was shimmers.

If I was an HM winnter, I would request a CB Old Pink, I only have the one.

As far as I am aware you cannot request old pinks.

Edited by Dubious

So far all of the prize dragons have been based on medals. Gold-Silver-Bronze.

What I'm really hoping for this year's prize dragons is for them to be based on ribbons instead. Blue-Red-Gold/Yellow/White

Don't know what I'd do if I won. Even for HM. ._.

I kind of want new prizes just for the chance of more pretties, but i suspect that they'll still be Shimmers.

If I win a prize, I'd probably just breed them with whatever and trade for things I don't have rather than keep a list. Lists are too much effort for a pixel dragon game as far as I'm concerned. :P Not sure what I'd do with HM, though. Probably just get a Holly with a silly code or something, because I'm boring.

V A prize series with adularescent/opalescent sheens instead of metallic sheens would also be really nice... Not sure how you'd depict that in a sprite, though.

Edited by Guillotine

Or maybe metals, but other colors of metals, like metallic blue, metallic red, metallic purple, etc. Something like those.

Ugh would love to win. I'm thinking shimmers as well but not really sure. If I won, good lord I'd want all the neglecteds ever. I can never seem to make them myself.

If an HM winner definitely an old pink. I have two cb frills but my old pink is a mess. Makes me sad because I didn't realize their future worth.

You can't get Old Pinks as HMs, but last I checked you can get Frills (and CB Hybrids, Hollies, Alts, etc).

I hope Tinsels are allowed as HMs at some point.

I don't care what the dragon is so long as I win. MY plan would be to trade offsprings. Hmmm, does anyone know why so many prizes have cool codes?

When TJ emails you to let you know that you won, you can pick a code of your choice if you want.

On that note, I'd love to have one named 'kitty' and I think this year there'll be shimmers. For a HM I'd get a holly, just because I'm that original.

Edited by Oasis

If I win, I hope to get a Shimmer. Plan is to find a mate that may work, then gift the 2nd and 3rd shimmer eggs (I hold first) to 2 people, and then the trading begins.

Prize Dragon? No list. I could only dream about raising one with 0 clicks, but it would probably be impossible. xd.png Some people who have been very kind over the years would quietly be getting glomped. That would be fun! <3

HM? Even with the limits off the Christmas Dragons, I'd still waver a bit between Holly and Frill. Probably a Frill, though, since I now have two Hollies, and it would be my only chance for a Frill. smile.gif

Yeah, I think a lot of us have learned our lessons about having lists. I know mine are a headache. Never again.

*Eyesgleamin*

If I were a winner

of a beautiful shimmer

or another brand new prize

Oh I would be so happy, would be so glad

I am sure my husband would think that I´d gone mad

oh, really really it would be so nice

Only problem is: I would most likely only trade for other 2nd gen eggs of prizes, would just gift away to friends, would do no list and so on. Because most of what I want and need is on my scroll already, or can only be bred by my dragons.

I would also try to breed it to every available breedable dragon.

Oh Wow.... *hopesanddreams*

If the amount of shimmers match the amount of tinsels around, than maybe the winners this year will get a choice of tinsel/shimmer/Alt CBs/Holiday CBs.

In this case I if I won, I would so get a tinsel ^.^

Edited by shovedtbh

I would also try to breed it to every available breedable dragon.

Have fun with that one. It's been my intention since I placed in the Tree Contest. Still not done. I can only imagine how insane that undertaking will be for a fresh Prize Dragon.

Ooh, I didn't even think about what the prize would be. If I won (fingers double crossed!) I'd definitely want a shimmer 'cause I'm missing so many. xd.png