Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

I would fall off my chair if I won! When I regained consciousness from falling off my chair, I would be hyperventilating. After that I would be focused on getting up off the floor and hoping I didn't fall down again...

After all of that I would love to give it a code I want. Then well, I will have time to figure out what would be next biggrin.gif

Why does this sound like me? biggrin.gif

Now lets hope if I win, I dont freak my roommate out. tongue.gif

If I got a raffle prize, I'd probably breed it with cave-blockers like Whiptails, just for the heck of it. *Starts thinking of silly ideas* And I'd give it a silly name and even sillier description...

I'd like a prize entirely for breeding opportunities! I can't afford 2nd gens or other low gens, so with my own prize I could make what lines I wanted =3 and...I love to gift people. I would gift its offspring over trading, definitely. ANd I have a code in mind, and a name that'd I'd remove from a dragon i have and give it to the prize, if I got one =D

But wishful thinking, eh? heehee

If I got one of this year's Prize Dragons, I would so make it a Transformers lineage! Kinda like the Silver Shimmer Prowl ^^

If I won, I can just imagine myself at work all day with a big dumb smile on my face, and no explination for it. I'd probably be stupid happy for a few days, and everyone would be confused, even though I'm generally a cheerful person anyway.

None of my co-workers know what Dragon Cave is, or adoptable sites in general.

"You're in a very good mood lately, even for you. What's going on? New boyfriend?"

"Oh...um...mumble, dragon, it's super cool...mumble..."

"Oh! You won your Ebay bid for that Windstone dragon? Congrats!"

"Yeah! Lets go with that!"

Hmmm, so many people aren't posting the codes they want to use in fear of others taking them. I'm hoping no one would be mean enough to steal the code 00000 I put earlier *sends waves of guilt*. Of course, that's assuming I have enough miracles to win tongue.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Hmmm, so many people aren't posting the codes they want to use in fear of others taking them. I'm hoping no one would be mean enough to steal the code 00000 I put earlier *sends waves of guilt*. Of course, that's assuming I have enough miracles to win tongue.gif

Yeah, I figured it's better not to post the codes I want if I win.

I have 3 codes which don't seem to be taken. One of them would amuse me SO much.

Yeah, I figured it's better not to post the codes I want if I win.

I have 3 codes which don't seem to be taken. One of them would amuse me SO much.

I didn't get the memo. It's technicaly my first year (I joined in August 2013) but I'm curios as to what codes other people want. I suggest we post back here after the raffle. xd.png

Edited by Sarah864

I didn't get the memo. It's technicaly my first year (I joined in August 2013) but I'm curios as to what codes other people want. I suggest we post back here after the raffle.  xd.png

biggrin.gif It's my first year here as well, I started to play in May and joined the forum in August.

(Well, perhaps it's better not to post the codes at all? What am I going to do if I win next year? tongue.gif )

biggrin.gif It's my first year here as well, I started to play in May and joined the forum in August.

(Well, perhaps it's better not to post the codes at all? What am I going to do if I win next year? tongue.gif )

Die of happiness?

If I won, (don't care what the prize dragon is either), I would breed it every time I possibly could and gift it to people, trade it for other things that I am looking for and even do random breedings and drop the offspring in the AP. laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

I don't like it when people hoarde them all to themselves or want some crazy outrageous trade for it. dry.gif Makes it hard for people like me to trade for it because I can't get ND's or CB metallics and don't have anything else even remotely close that is good for a trade. sad.gif

Edited by HaloGoddess

If I won, (don't care what the prize dragon is either), I would breed it every time I possibly could and gift it to people, trade it for other things that I am looking for and even do random breedings and drop the offspring in the AP. laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

I don't like it when people hoarde them all to themselves or want some crazy outrageous trade for it. dry.gif Makes it hard for people like me to trade for it because I can't get ND's or CB metallics and don't have anything else even remotely close that is good for a trade. sad.gif

The same thing ! wink.gif

But probably I'm not going to win unsure.gif

I don't believe so, although I second adding another runner up category just for past prize options (actually been debating mentioning that in the raffle thread in suggestions, but I haven't been following it too well and am not sure if it's already been brought up).

I've brought up a variant of this as a suggestion:

New suggestion?

Base:

Take a percentage of entries for winners instead of an absolute amount of winners and up the percentages of both 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and the HM

Olympe's suggestion for the multiclutching:

CB: Chance of breeding up to 4 eggs.

2nd gen: Chance of breeding up to 3 eggs.

3rd gen: Chance of breeding up to 2 eggs.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

Higher success rate for breeding prize dragons as reports suggest that the success rate has gone down. I don't know if this really is a problem. Maybe TJ can say something about these kind of results?

Adjustment to API/hatcheries to deny access to the eggs/hatchlings on the AP to prevent prize dragons from growing up through the AP and going into the wild instead of on someone's scroll.

Prize dragons released during the years:

Year 1: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle

Year 2: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle

Year 3: special dragon 2 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 retires and becomes available for HM as CB

Year 4: Same as year 3

Year 5: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 becomes available as a rare dragon in the cave. Special dragon 2 becomes available for HM as CB

Year 6: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, Special dragon 2 is still available for HM as CB

Year 7: Special dragon 4 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 2 becomes available as a rare dragon in the cave, special dragon 3 becomes available for HM as CB.

etc.

A runner up category has been suggested, but I think the general concensus was that HM was already a runner up category. Hence the suggestion above (and in the appropriate thread) to introduce the prize dragons into the HM on the above scheme.

Edited by Sheriziya

If I won (which I know is unlikely) I would do random gifting on forums of low-gens, since I'm nice like that. xd.png It would definitely make my day, since I absolutely love Shimmers. ~Myra

I probably wouldn't tell anyone that I won and would randomly gift people whenever I felt like it. I can tell you this, I would annoyed if people started PMing me and asking me for second gens. I feel like that should be the winner's discretion.

My secret hope is still that we will get metallic pygmy prizes this year. I know some people would be disappointed in that since the more limited pool of pygmy species for mates might make their trade value lower than previous prizes, but I'd love to see pygmy breeding revitalized that way, and besides, it would be SO CUTE! <3

Well... Anyone else feel like this wait is slowly driving them insane? I mean, I know TJ has a lot to go through as far as sorting and organizing. So I understand the wait, its just.. i'm impatient! tongue.gif

At least we are all in the same boat. tongue.gif

Edit- oh my. Pygmy prizes. Me want. Lol

Edited by EscapistLore

My secret hope is still that we will get metallic pygmy prizes this year. I know some people would be disappointed in that since the more limited pool of pygmy species for mates might make their trade value lower than previous prizes, but I'd love to see pygmy breeding revitalized that way, and besides, it would be SO CUTE! <3

That would be adorable! smile.gif

If a person has created 10 accounts just for the raffle, will it count for 1 chance or for 10 chances to be chosen?

If a person has created 10 accounts just for the raffle, will it count for 1 chance or for 10 chances to be chosen?

None, as they'd be burnt for multiscrolling.

I wonder if part of the wait for the raffle to be drawn is down to TJ checking the data for obvious multiscrolling first. Wouldn't want another Booo incident!

I wonder if part of the wait for the raffle to be drawn is down to TJ checking the data for obvious multiscrolling first. Wouldn't want another Booo incident!

What was the Booo incident? unsure.gif