Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

In fairness, TJ has indicated almost nothing so far, only that the raffle is to win "rare dragons". rolleyes.gif

YOU know - it would amuse me hugely (as I never win anyway !) if the prizes turned out to be nocturnes... biggrin.gif

YOU know - it would amuse me hugely (as I never win anyway !) if the prizes turned out to be nocturnes... biggrin.gif

Inbred Mints would be even funnier =p

Inbred Mints would be even funnier =p

LOL. I'd be still happy to win a common with a personalized code d:

Genuinely interested in an answer.

I certainly wouldn't be annoyed, in fact I wouldn't even care. That's not to say my opinions override everyone else's, they certainly should not and do not.

First of all, you need to understand that my statement "just to annoy other people" wasn't actually meant to be taken seriously. ("Why do you guys want to win?" => the question should be "Why wouldn't you want to win?" in my opinion.)

But there is one big BUT.

My guess is that 98% of the users want to win this raffle. All bad things connected with winning prize dragons aside, who would not like to have the opportunity to get a desired code & to own a CB Prize?

You'll have control, if I can call it like that. You see a trade offer for 30 CB Golds + 40 ND's? (I am exaggerating, I know) You just put that person on a breeding list and get it most likely.

I don't believe that greed or envy don't exist on DC. I know that human beings have good & bad sides.

Plus, every human has own interests, own desires, own values.

Of course, everybody wants to make a good deal. Some people even try to make a good deal to get a better deal later.

I once saw a person´s comment anywhere which was something like "No, dragoncavers are not greedy. We take what we need and give the rest to others" and all I thought was "Do you really believe that yourself?", "Why haven´t I seen a CB Gold or 3rd-gen Shimmer in the Departure thread, then?"

Yes, there are awesome, nice and helpful players - but they also take care of themselves first. Me? I am the same. I can breed you something or catch you an uncommon for free but don´t expect me do give you a CB Gold just like that.

That being said, there are people who dislike losing and who dislike seeing others being "wealthy" => which can lead to annoyance everytime they see your user name popping up somewhere. There are people who view-bomb the Metals from other people just because they weren´t fast enough to catch them. This goes beyond "simple disappointment because they couldn't catch an egg".

Then, there are also people who think that CB Prize owners should breed their dragons so more people can have a piece from the cake. Some of them have self-control and respect other people's wishes, others not. I don't think I need to search and quote entries from other users regarding the harassment of CB Prize owners etc.

I am pretty sure it will annoy these people if I decline their offers, whatever it might be.

@Erica

You mean you can't read her mind like we're supposed to be able to do? tongue.gif

Patience you must have, my young Padawan. FEEL THE FORCE!

@saltywench

I'd like a metallic purple.

I must admit I'd like to have a giant metallic Mint.

"Why haven´t I seen a CB Gold or 3rd-gen Shimmer in the Departure thread, then?"

I put a CB gold on the Departures Board a week or so ago, after deciding not to glomp it or trade it. Not something that is by any means a common practice, but a trend I'd like to see more of.

I'm not by any means 'rich' in rare dragons, either.

Edited by Draco Knight

All I know is, while I certainly wouldn't mind the trade value and the ability to get more of what I want.. I wanna win just for lineage opportunities.

Well... So... Maybe sometime this weekend? With the amount of entries, I can understand what takes so long. I still check in a ton, though. I can't wait until we find out. ^.^

Now I'm deciding... if I win HM, I want a CB Holly with a code I shall not share. But.. then I'm torn with getting a CB Hellhorse with the code Pooka. (If you use that, I wanna trade for an offspring!)

You know, cause aren't Pooka's those horses in Gaelic mythology... or maybe I have them wrong.

Or I could get a CB Goldfish with the code Selki..

Too many choices! biggrin.gif

I put a CB gold on the Departures Board a week or so ago, after deciding not to glomp it or trade it. Not something that is by any means a common practice, but a trend I'd like to see more of.

I'm not by any means 'rich' in rare dragons, either.

I've also gifted quite a few CB metals (at least 6 that I can think of off the top of my head), and have been gifted quite a few, also. Just because it isn't seen doesn't mean it doesn't happen ^^'

I've also gifted quite a few CB metals (at least 6 that I can think of off the top of my head), and have been gifted quite a few, also. Just because it isn't seen doesn't mean it doesn't happen ^^'

Same here... I gave away quite a few CB silvers/golds as FFA (back when we still had AP trading method)

I've only thought about the code I'd choose. And I do have couple in mind. As I was searching for free codes I came upon this one code (totally cool one!) that has yet to be used.. Now I wan't that über cool code soooooo bad! biggrin.gif I was quite supprised that it hasn't been used already. People do read books, no?

As for the colour of the prize... anything goes really. I'd just be over the moon with any colour, be it tinsel, shimmer or something entirely new. Picking the breed for HM is hard.. Holly for the trade value is always a good choice. CB hybrid would be cool but I don't really do any serious breeding so it would go to waste. Frills I have.

Waiting for the raffle is killing me. Quite like Christmas as a kid. The wait, the excitement.. argh, When will it end!?! xd.png

"Why do you guys want to win?" => the question should be "Why wouldn't you want to win?" in my opinion.

Except that there are, in fact, multiple reasons to want to win. Some people want to win so they can trade offspring for CB metals and amass wealth. (Which is totally legit, mind you.) Other people want to win so that they can have a CB of a prize dragon for scroll completion, because they've collected CB's of everything else. Some people want to have one so that they can have the feeling of having something special on their scroll that most people don't have. Heck, some people may even *want* to be popular and get hundreds of emails begging them for trades! (I wouldn't care for that aspect much myself, but I admit, trading has been mighty boring recently, so lots of people actively wanting to engage somebody in trade might be exciting in a way. And everyone suddenly knowing your name is appealing to some.) And then there are some people want to have a dragon with a custom code most of all.

Personally, I'd primarily like to win so that I could finally get some 2nd-gen prize dragons for my even-gen lineages. It's so hard to get your hands on those if you can't breed them yourself. I'm still waiting for a 2nd-gen tinsel and a 2nd-gen shimmer I got onto lists for last year!

But if they were pygmies, now, I'd want one just because they'd be completely adorable. :-D

Edited by tjekan

"Why haven´t I seen a CB Gold or 3rd-gen Shimmer in the Departure thread, then?"

Yesterday I saw CB copper.

Waiting for the raffle is killing me. Quite like Christmas as a kid. The wait, the excitement.. argh, When will it end!?! xd.png

Except Christmas, you knew when it was going to end, when you'd find out.

This... Oh, I want so badly for TJ to announce it. Or at least say when the emails would go out, or around when... lol

Around a week or two after the event ends should be when he announces the winners.

Last year, he waited a week to make the announcement. Two years ago he waited about the same. Three years ago he announced the winners after 2 weeks.

Someone gifted me 3 CB Metals during the Christmas breeding. First they wanted to trade, but then they suddenly said that I can have them for free. Except for a CB Silver I traded for (with the same person though xd.png) those are my only CB Golds and Silvers.

So there are people who are gifting CB Metals, although the reason might not always be pure generosity. Why do we even gift? Do we really gift because we want to help someone else, or do we want to gift because it makes us happy and feeling good and generous when we see the reaction of the giftee?

I think that everybody who wins the raffle has the right to do whatever they want with that dragon. Because it is their dragon. They can gift away masses of offspring, they can trade for masses of CB Metals and Neglects and 2nd gen Prizes from other winners or whatever they want, they can let it sit on their scroll and do nothing with it, they can freeze it as a hatchling, kill it, vamp it, neglect it... Whatever they want. This might seem greedy or egoistic to some, or very generous in case of gifting, but that shouln't bother the one who has the Prize.

So, as I already said, I almost think that I'd prefer a HM over a CB Prize. But if I'd win a CB Prize, I would try to keep it secret for quite a while, because I don't want to get loads of PMs full of trade offers or begging or whatever. I would gift some offspring to people who have done me good. Maybe I would gift to random people when I feel like doing it. And maybe I would keep some offspring to create pretty lineages, and maybe most likely I would trade some 2nd gens for 2nd gens from other Prize dragons or whatever I want at that moment.

Seems like I'm a bit greedy wink.gif

Oh, I'm not sure I can bear another week without know, I'll go insane! Well.. Ok. I could if TJ said, I will send out emails in about a week. tongue.gif But not knowing is the worst part. (Granted... I won't win, but still.. I'm naturally impatient.)

And yeah. Some people are greedy. But I have two CB Golds and a CB Silver to my scroll, and I was gifted all three (if you are reading this, you know who you are and I <3 you). Not everyone is selfish. I've seen CB Silvers and 3G Shimmers being gifted, for no other reason than being nice.

You'll have control, if I can call it like that. You see a trade offer for 30 CB Golds + 40 ND's? (I am exaggerating, I know) You just put that person on a breeding list and get it most likely.

I don't believe that greed or envy don't exist on DC. I know that human beings have good & bad sides.

Plus, every human has own interests, own desires, own values.

Of course, everybody wants to make a good deal. Some people even try to make a good deal to get a better deal later.

I once saw a person´s comment anywhere which was something like "No, dragoncavers are not greedy. We take what we need and give the rest to others" and all I thought was "Do you really believe that yourself?", "Why haven´t I seen a CB Gold or 3rd-gen Shimmer in the Departure thread, then?"

Yes, there are awesome, nice and helpful players - but they also take care of themselves first. Me? I am the same. I can breed you something or catch you an uncommon for free but don´t expect me do give you a CB Gold just like that.

I agree, you will have kind of controle, but what you will do with that controle depends on your character, you can also do something good when you have controle.

And I am sorry for you not having meet those generously good-hearted players here, of course they don't do that in public (gifting cb metallics i.e.) because all those greedy players will profit and that is what they try to avoid. They are here but you can't find them, they will find you ;-)

I don't know that I'm "hoping" for anything - random number generators usually hate me, so I'm not expecting to win anything.  tongue.gif  That said, I am *very* curious as to whether it'll be Shimmers again or something completely different.  smile.gif

lol you don't need to win anything you just have to catch it ;-)

Me too, I am very curious if there will be new dragons or new options but I am sure our master will enjoy to still slave us for a while *g*

Edited by Tabitah

Everyone is chomping the bit, waiting for the raffle to be drawn, and the announcement of this year's Prize Dragon.

Here is a thread to give you something to talk about to others while we wait. Burn off steam so to speak, lol.

So what would you like the new Prize Dragon to look like? What are your plans for it, if you win?

Personally, I just hope whoever is spriting it this year is a bit more generous and open about sharing offspring from their sprite, than in previous years.

EDIT: At this time, we do not know when the drawing will take place. TJ will make an announcement soon. This is just for speculation and discussion. Thank you.

Topic Reminder:

This topic is not to discuss rather or not members gift or rather or not members feel others are greedy.

Personally if I was offered a trade for 30 cb metals I'd take it, so I could gift 30 cb metals. But, I am an even-gen fan so I know people that could make great use of those.

I don't care what it is... I'm just praying that I actually win this time. But not holding my breath, haven't ever won much of anything ever so I hardly expect to start now but it's fun to daydream...

*crosses fingers says a prayer* Here's hoping! cool.gif

Oh, I'm not sure I can bear another week without know, I'll go insane! Well.. Ok. I could if TJ said, I will send out emails in about a week. tongue.gif But not knowing is the worst part. (Granted... I won't win, but still.. I'm naturally impatient.)

And yeah. Some people are greedy. But I have two CB Golds and a CB Silver to my scroll, and I was gifted all three (if you are reading this, you know who you are and I <3 you). Not everyone is selfish. I've seen CB Silvers and 3G Shimmers being gifted, for no other reason than being nice.

Lol, try to look at it this way - the longer it takes for the notifications, the longer we can kid ourselves that miracles happen to us. laugh.gif

In my case, I'd have a huge instant list to gift, and - knowing the way these guys breed - would keep the 1st one and afterward alternate gifting and swaps for 2nd gens, and do a trade for a 3rd gen as well, in the hope that I could eventually get a large enough breeding base to get something decent out to that list before we all died of old age, lol.

So I'd be one of the stinkers not taking trades other than for the breeding pool, or looking for PMs.

lol you don't need to win anything you just have to catch it ;-)

Me too, I am very curious if there will be new dragons or new options but I am sure our master will enjoy to still slave us for a while *g*

The odds of that happening once are mind-boggling - I don't even want to think about the odds of it happening twice! ohmy.gif

The odds of that happening once are mind-boggling - I don't even want to think about the odds of it happening twice! ohmy.gif

Well, if anyone deserved that sort of luck, that would be you, although I can also think of a few others, lol.

And at some point, you'd so have to try for a PB!