diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Hey guys!

I made the images for the new cycler, so if you have any issues or comments on them, please direct them to me. I'll see if I can make better images.

Speaking of which, maybe the firey background wan't the way to go, so I'm adding the border like Wiz suggeseted and made alternative buttons with background blank colors and pure white:

user posted image

c: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Where W = White, B = Blank Color, F = Fire, and c = Current.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Adds current eggs for comparison.

Edited by Shokomon

What do you guys think?

I like the white and the fire ones! The fire one is a bit harder to see, and I really don't know how to make it more visible. The brown of the eggs is hard to contrast with the fire colors.

I prefer the original "egg only" image rotator for simplicity sake but I don't have an issue either way, I'm just glad for the service.

White or Blank look good to me! While the firey ones certainly are a peace of art, they are not quite as usable for the intended purpose (seeing at a quick glance what you want to see).

If anyone is having trouble catching the new eggs, feel free to contact CellyBean or I and we can get you the eggs

user posted image

The white ones are my favourite.

Edited to add my thank yous to the pile for you taking the time to do this! And I love the little clocks in the corners showing the correct drop times. biggrin.gif

Edited by Wiz

Hey guys!

I made the images for the new cycler, so if you have any issues or comments on them, please direct them to me. I'll see if I can make better images.

Speaking of which, maybe the firey background wan't the way to go, so I'm adding the border like Wiz suggeseted and made alternative buttons with background blank colors and pure white:

user posted image

What do you guys think?

Edit: Adds current eggs for comparison.

Thank you for this!

I like the blank one and also the white one. They make it much easier to distinguish the egg. Also, seeing them clued me in on how the egg position within the square shows where that color is in the cycle (blue then red then green). I now realize that was present in the current version, but I didn't notice it till now.

That cycler is awesome, thanks for working on it at all!

I prefer the blank version.

I bet the difference is somewhat with us older folks who don't see as well as we used to....

Alright, I'm going with white. It's the closest to the original, though it seems that most people like both blank colors and white.

Though, now I'm wondering if transparent would be better?

- White: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

- Trans: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Not much of a difference on the forum.

I'll send these over to Pinkgothic if everyone is okay.

I really preferred the old version with just the egg, this one is just too much of a much.

The just-the-egg cycler could be misunderstood for a plain old egg image though, without any function. For me, the version with white works best.

I do really like the new cycler and the way it matches the Lunar Herald one. It looks nice and tidy at the end of my signature, if there was a choice I would choose the new one. That being said perhaps making the outer or inner border match the colour of the egg of the hour would make the egg pop more and make it easier to see?

I like the idea of taking the gem color and making that the background. That could be poppy.

But I also like the white or just the blank egg again (there's a ton of lunar cycler options - why not multiple gem cycler options?). Much more clear!

If we must have a background, then I prefer the stylish ones (current) over black/white/plain, the latter IMO looks too unfinished. At least the current one's background looks like real gems, which is pretty interesting.

Why can't we just have multiple like Sock suggested?

Both the white and transparent backgrounds look unfinished to me. The plain color is alright but I actually prefer the current version. It has nice depth.

My vote is for a plain or blank background - I definitely appreciate a frame around the egg, and I love the little clock hands, but the... what is it? Fire? I can barely tell there's an egg inside there on my screen; it just blurs together into a purply-green blorb (or whichever other color would be current). I like transparent but I also enjoy contrasting plain colors!

I'll have to ask if Pinkgothic wants to host more than one cycler, but it seems like if we had to pick 3 (three is a good number), it would be.

1) Plain Egg

2) White/Transparent/Blank (one of these 3)

3) FIRE

Anyone have any lists they would like?

Also voting for white/transparent if we need to pick just one, I also find it muuuuch easier to see. (Although I do understand the fire love, it's a gorgeous background, just not very functional for my eyes.)

Whatever is chosen though, thank you very much to pinkgothic and Shokomon!

Edited by shopfront

Okay, since I honestly having been keep an actual count of who is voting for what, can we do an official vote starting now, from this post of what is your top 3 cycler images. That way, if we can get multiple cyclers, I will know people's favorites. So, let me post up an image of all the available options.

Now, to note, I added two more options, taking into account people's suggestions in the thread. The two new ones are:

1) C for Crystal Background, where the background color is the same as the brightest crystal shade. (The boarder becomes brown again, because the background plus the border was too much to me.)

And:

2) E for eggs. Just regular eggs, because some people prefer the plan egg. Though, I did add the clock in the bottom right corner, just to make it known to anyone glance at the image that it's actually a cycler and not a plain Fire Gem egg image. If possible, I'd like the clock hands to move with the hour, but I have to ask pinkgothic if that is possible first.

Okay now here is the image:

user posted image

Where,

O = Original Images (will be replaced with Fire if Fire wins

W = White/Transparent Background

C = Crystal Color Background

B = Blank Fire Color Background

F = Fire Background

E = Eggs

Pick your favorite 3 (and list them in preference from 1 to 3) out of W, C, B, F, and E.

1) E

2) C

3) F

The egg ones look really nice now!

Okay, since I honestly having been keep an actual count of who is voting for what, can we do an official vote starting now, from this post of what is your top 3 cycler images. That way, if we can get multiple cyclers, I will know people's favorites. So, let me post up an image of all the available options.

Now, to note, I added two more options, taking into account people's suggestions in the thread. The two new ones are:

1) C for Crystal Background, where the background color is the same as the brightest crystal shade. (The boarder becomes brown again, because the background plus the border was too much to me.)

And:

2) E for eggs. Just regular eggs, because some people prefer the plan egg. Though, I did add the clock in the bottom right corner, just to make it known to anyone glance at the image that it's actually a cycler and not a plain Fire Gem egg image. If possible, I'd like the clock hands to move with the hour, but I have to ask pinkgothic if that is possible first.

Okay now here is the image:

user posted image

Where,

O = Original Images (will be replaced with Fire if Fire wins

W = White/Transparent Background

C = Crystal Color Background

B = Blank Fire Color Background

F = Fire Background

E = Eggs

Pick your favorite 3 (and list them in preference from 1 to 3) out of W, C, B, F, and E.

My top 3 are

1: C

2: E

3: F (even if the background makes it a little difficult to see on mobile)