diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

1 C

2 O

3 B

Although TBH, I cannot tell O and F apart.

Thanks, Sock. I zoomed in a couple of times and can see it.

Edited by ainisarie

1 C

2 O

3 B

Although TBH, I cannot tell O and F apart.

F has a little bit of a colored border, whereas O does not. ^^

Okay, since I honestly having been keep an actual count of who is voting for what, can we do an official vote starting now, from this post of what is your top 3 cycler images. That way, if we can get multiple cyclers, I will know people's favorites. So, let me post up an image of all the available options.

Now, to note, I added two more options, taking into account people's suggestions in the thread. The two new ones are:

1) C for Crystal Background, where the background color is the same as the brightest crystal shade. (The boarder becomes brown again, because the background plus the border was too much to me.)

And:

2) E for eggs. Just regular eggs, because some people prefer the plan egg. Though, I did add the clock in the bottom right corner, just to make it known to anyone glance at the image that it's actually a cycler and not a plain Fire Gem egg image. If possible, I'd like the clock hands to move with the hour, but I have to ask pinkgothic if that is possible first.

Okay now here is the image:

user posted image

Where,

O = Original Images (here for comparison; will be replaced with Fire if Fire wins)

W = White/Transparent Background

C = Crystal Color Background

B = Blank Fire Color Background

F = Fire Background

E = Eggs

Pick your favorite 3 (and list them in preference from 1 to 3) out of W, C, B, F, and E.

Quote for the new page.

---

F, O, E.

A very strong F to all of my votes  tongue.gif  Otherwise, I guess I'd go with C...

Could you both please recast your votes? I will explain below.

---

I think I should state this clearly because O keeps popping up.

O or Original Images is not an option for the poll.

They are just there for comparison. They will be replaced by the F (Fire) images so that they will have a color border to help distinguish between the different gems.

- So, far I've been counting votes for O and F as the same category, so a vote for O is a vote for F and vice versa.

On a different note, please pick 3 different image sets for voting purposes. That way all the votes carry the same weight.

---

In any case, current votes are:

W - I IIIII IIIII

C - III IIIII IIIII IIIII

B - IIII IIIII

F/O - IIIII IIIII

E - IIII IIIII

I prefer the original "egg only" image rotator for simplicity sake but I don't have an issue either way, I'm just glad for the service.

I'm for the simple egg that we had at first - but it is wonderful to have it, just the same. It's a valuable service.

As ranked votes - well, e, w, c.

Vote changed - see below.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't want my vote for O to count for F. If I had wanted to vote for F, I would have done so. The border-color does not make F a good choice for me, it's just too much of the same.

So I change my original W, C, O to W, C, B.

Who runs Daily Dragon Fix? I wish there was a way to incorporate this fire gem checker in the same place as the Lunar Herald checker! Unless I put this in my sig, it gets tedious because I have to find my way over to this thread and then look at the cycler in somebody's signature here.

Is there some other easy way I could do this?

On another matter entirely - are the s1 sprites, in particular, going to get less - fuzzy - any time soon ?

Who runs Daily Dragon Fix?

Pink Gothic.

And my vote goes for E, please! My eyes get distracted by all the others, except possibly W, and I have a hard time telling at a glance what color it is showing. (revoted below)

Edited by purplehaze

My vote also goes to the one that is just the plain egg - don't care if it DOES just look like an egg sprite, it's quick to recognize which color is falling without having to wade through all that extraneous framing/colors etc. Please make that one available.

So, E

Edited by oddsoxdi

I have a very strong preference for E, so that is what I will vote for. smile.gif And that is the only thing, too, because all the other ones are far too cluttered for me and so I would rather not cast a vote for them for the 2nd place and 3rd place. unsure.gif

I don't want my vote for O to count for F. If I had wanted to vote for F, I would have done so. The border-color does not make F a good choice for me, it's just too much of the same.

So I change my original W, C, O to W, C, B.

I'll change your vote as requested. Though, if you could, please strike out or delete the post with th original count, just so I don't get confused and count you twice. I would appreciate that.

On another note, I'm going to go back and make separate tallies for first, second, and third choices.

I ask for separate choices because Pinkgothic is willing to host up to two choices. I was just going to pick the most popular two based on all the votes, but if everyone doesn't make the same number of votes, the count is going to be skewed. So, I'll be back with an updated tally.

Just to explain it clearly:

- If you vote for one preference, then you vote goes only to the First Choice Tally.

- If you vote for two preferences, then your votes go to the First and Second Choice Tallies, respectively.

- If you vote for three preferences, then your votes go to the First, Second, and Third Choice Tallies, respectively.

- Edit: Also, please note that the options for the poll are between W, C, B, F and E. The original images (O) will be replaced by Fire Images (F) to address complaints of losing the egg in the fire background. Please do not vote for O. It will be counted as F.

- And if you wish to change your vote, please delete, strike out, or modify your original vote post to reflect that your preferences has change. This way I won't accidentally count the vote twice.

Any questions, comments, complaints?

---

Edit: Updated Tally.

• First Choice
    • W - IIIII

C - IIIII

B - I

F/O - I IIIII

E - III IIIII

Second Choice
  • W - IIII

C - II IIIII IIIII

B - II

F/O - I

E - III

Third Choice
  • W - III

C - III

B - II IIIII

F/O - IIII

E - III

--

And because polls can go on forever, I'll stop the vote by tomorrow, Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:00PM Dragon Cave Time.

Edited by Shokomon

Deadline sounds good smile.gif

Though I'm a tad sad that the previous top spots W and C are now somewhat downrated just because some people choose not to cast their 2nd and 3rd vote ... seriously?

(updated and struck out my old vote)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It seems like maybe it's getting a little easier to get the Fire Gems now? I got a green without much trouble 20 minutes ago. And I would've gotten whatever color it is now if I hadn't been locked (oops). There are still a ton of people there, though.

Who runs Daily Dragon Fix? I wish there was a way to incorporate this fire gem checker in the same place as the Lunar Herald checker! Unless I put this in my sig, it gets tedious because I have to find my way over to this thread and then look at the cycler in somebody's signature here.

Is there some other easy way I could do this?

It is possible, though two things are stopping me from doing it: It would get trickier and thus more prone to bugs, since I'd need to do image manipulation to combine the images (at the moment it just loads and outputs a file, which requires no manipulation - with two images I need to load both files, combine them, then output them as a single file). + I cache the Lunar Herald cycler for max a day, but I could only cache a combined image for max an hour.

If you've some thoughts about solving that, though (even just in abstract), I'm not fundamentally opposed.

----

That said, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Do you "just" want a page like https://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php except it also includes information about fire gems? I can totally do that.

Have to also cast my vote for E or W I have no third choice so I'll vote for E again.

Edited by Ayelldee

It is possible, though two things are stopping me from doing it: It would get trickier and thus more prone to bugs, since I'd need to do image manipulation to combine the images (at the moment it just loads and outputs a file, which requires no manipulation - with two images I need to load both files, combine them, then output them as a single file). + I cache the Lunar Herald cycler for max a day, but I could only cache a combined image for max an hour.

If you've some thoughts about solving that, though (even just in abstract), I'm not fundamentally opposed.

----

That said, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Do you "just" want a page like https://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php except it also includes information about fire gems? I can totally do that.

If you do make a DailyDragonFix Page, maybe something like a rotating clock would be better for these guys?

Like you have a clock divided into slices with each hour being a slice of the "pie," corresponding to whatsver fire gem is dropping? The current time woud be highlighted.

Would that be too much?

You may have to account for daylight savings too; we will see in October or so.

--

Have to also cast my vote for E  or W I have no third choice so I'll vote for E again.

Okay! Then, I will put your votes towards the First and Second Choice Tallies.

__

Current Tally:

• First Choice
    • W - IIIII

C - IIIII

B - I

F/O - I IIIII

E - IIII IIIII

Second Choice
  • W - IIIII

C - II IIIII IIIII

B - II

F/O - I

E - III

Third Choice
  • W - III

C - III

B - II IIIII

F/O - IIII

E - III

--

Note, voting closes on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:00PM Dragon Cave Time.

Okay, sorry! I kind of missed that we were supposed to be voting for 3 options. So can I redo? My #1 vote is the same as before. I am just adding a 2nd and 3rd.

1. E

2. C

3. W

If you do make a DailyDragonFix Page, maybe something like a rotating clock would be better for these guys?

Like you have a clock divided into slices with each hour being a slice of the "pie," corresponding to whatsver fire gem is dropping? The current time woud be highlighted.

Would that be too much?

You may have to account for daylight savings too; we will see in October or so.

I could try doing something like that, though it's very different than the Lunar Herald stuff right now (which uses no JavaScript). If that's what everyone wants I'll see to making a JavaScript-based clock for fire gems, though.

PM me the poll result and any meta-decisions like this that end up being done? smile.gif

1.W

2.C

3.E

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the border at first but it has grownon me and looks stylish. The white background is easy to read and also the "crystal colour at a glance" background which tends to lose the egg a bit which is why i have put it second

I appreciate the detail and artwork that went into creating the fire version and for any other purpose it is a beautiful image but for instant info ?its a litlle too detailed for me imho. Thank you so much for all the work you have put into this. Its a huge help whichever one you choose smile.gif

Edited by velvet_paw

I changed my mind too; I don't want to add any votes to the ones I don't like as much - because I find them so much harder to see.

E and that's it. Striking through the other now.

Okay, since I honestly having been keep an actual count of who is voting for what, can we do an official vote starting now, from this post of what is your top 3 cycler images. That way, if we can get multiple cyclers, I will know people's favorites. So, let me post up an image of all the available options.

Now, to note, I added two more options, taking into account people's suggestions in the thread. The two new ones are:

1) C for Crystal Background, where the background color is the same as the brightest crystal shade. (The boarder becomes brown again, because the background plus the border was too much to me.)

And:

2) E for eggs. Just regular eggs, because some people prefer the plan egg. Though, I did add the clock in the bottom right corner, just to make it known to anyone glance at the image that it's actually a cycler and not a plain Fire Gem egg image. If possible, I'd like the clock hands to move with the hour, but I have to ask pinkgothic if that is possible first.

Okay now here is the image:

user posted image

Where,

O = Original Images (will be replaced with Fire if Fire wins; not a part of the vote)

W = White/Transparent Background

C = Crystal Color Background

B = Blank Fire Color Background

F = Fire Background

E = Eggs

Pick your favorite 3 (and list them in preference from 1 to 3) out of W, C, B, F, and E.

{snip}

I'm going to go back and make separate tallies for first, second, and third choices.

I ask for separate choices because Pinkgothic is willing to host up to two choices. I was just going to pick the most popular two based on all the votes, but if everyone doesn't make the same number of votes, the count is going to be skewed. So, I'll be back with an updated tally.

Just to explain it clearly:

- If you vote for one preference, then you vote goes only to the First Choice Tally.

- If you vote for two preferences, then your votes go to the First and Second Choice Tallies, respectively.

- If you vote for three preferences, then your votes go to the First, Second, and Third Choice Tallies, respectively.

- Edit: Also, please note that the options for the poll are between W, C, B, F and E. The original images (O) will be replaced by Fire Images (F) to address complaints of losing the egg in the fire background. Please do not vote for O. It will be counted as F.

- And if you wish to change your vote, please delete, strike out, or modify your original vote post to reflect that your preferences has change. This way I won't accidentally count the vote twice.

Any questions, comments, complaints?

{snip}

For the new page.

Also, went through the thread and updated the tally with the new and changed votes

Current Tally:

• First Choice
    • W - II IIIII

C - IIII

B - I

F/O-I IIIII

E - IIIII IIIII

Second Choice
  • W - IIIII

C - IIIII IIIII IIIII

B - II

F/O-I

E - II

Third Choice
  • W - III

C - III

B - II IIIII

F/O-IIII

E - IIIII

--

Please note: voting closes today, Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:00PM Dragon Cave Time.