diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Thank you, Wiz, for poking me about this!

Here's a Fire-Gem cycler: user posted image

At the moment it just uses the corresponding, unaltered egg sprite, but it should always show you what the current dropping colour is. Please report any issues to me in PM! smile.gif

I may be getting more obvious cycler images (i.e. ones you can't mistake for just being the egg image) courtesy of another user. Once I do and the cycler changes, I'll edit credits into this post! happy.gif

Thank you! I am so happy right now. *places cycler in sig next to your lunar herald one*

Edited by Wiz

I misclicked (again, a red this time), so I now have two misclicks sitting on my scroll waiting out those 5 hours. However, I did grab a Tetra, which was surprisingly easy to get, and after over an hour of trying I finally got another gem (red, this time). I have a hatchling that should grow up in time for me to try for a green next hour.

Anyone who does not have any CB Firegems yet should check Departures.

I left something green there

Edit: Has been taken! Will add another tomorrow

Edited by maylin

Pinkgothic, THANK YOU for the cycling icon! Now I don't have to count on my fingers anymore.

Thank you! I am so happy right now. *places cycler in sig next to your lunar herald one*

Pinkgothic, THANK YOU for the cycling icon! Now I don't have to count on my fingers anymore.

You're very welcome! happy.gif It was actually much easier to code than the Lunar Herald one, since I can get away with using a simple modulo for everything with these guys. (Hour % 3, map result to blue/red/green.)

I noticed I forgot to post the code how to embed the cycler earlier.

Edit: Elaboration snipped so everything's in the same place. smile.gif Check out details about how to use th cycler in the original post! happy.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Got a third green, wheeeee! It seems like they are still dropping fairly consistently, I saw four go by at the :50 mark.

I have two adult Gems now, and I bred both of them. One gave me no egg, the other gave me my third blue gem. I have three of each color now, and I'm totally happy with that.

I'm late to the discussion since I just got on but... what's going on? Are these a rare new dragon?

I'm late to the discussion since I just got on but... what's going on? Are these a rare new dragon?

user driven rare i think

people are grabbing them as fast as they can

if you need help catching them i'd be more than happy to catch them for you c:

They are dropping well today but there seemed to be a glitch or something couple of days ago when they were dropping very poorly. It's been better since yesterday. Had no trouble grabbing eggs today.

I actually think it's a mechanic of the ratios. When SO many are picked up SO fast, it causes a temporary dearth. It's happened with other releases - and there are now so many players...

Bred my first pair!

It's a pure breed pair too! (different color mom and dad tho)

Edited by Rainbowlight

Heads up that i'm about to leave 2 CB FireGems in Departures for anyone who does not have any CB firegems or does not have cb of green or blue

Edited by maylin

FINALLY, I got a fire gem (green)! These have been the hardest new release to catch since....I dunno, Xenowyrms or something? Hopefully it will get better with time *fingers crossed* I still don't have all (as in one male and one female of each) of the gemshards either, for that matter, and they have the same RGB-chance thing going on...

FINALLY, I got a fire gem (green)! These have been the hardest new release to catch since....I dunno, Xenowyrms or something? Hopefully it will get better with time *fingers crossed* I still don't have all (as in one male and one female of each) of the gemshards either, for that matter, and they have the same RGB-chance thing going on...

Well, no. With Fire Gems, you know what you are going to get - it all depends which hour you catch them in. And you can also see which colour it is from the egg; with Shards you have to wait till they hatch.

The egg in my sig will tell you which Fire Gems are in the biomes right now - and it also seems to apply to breeding. I just test bred my adults, breeding red to red and blue to blue (and interestingly green to green gave no egg - I wonder if that happens in green-dropping hours; that would be annoying !) - green is dropping at the moment, and sure enough the eggs I got were green (and are now in the AP, so if anyone is desperate...)

Sorry for the late reply @CellyBean and @Amaterasu-sama!

Thanks a lot for answering my question. I guess we've just got to wait and see. smile.gif

And thank you so much for the offer! No worries, I've just been caught up with real life. ^^ I have a fast and stable internet connection, so I've no excuse. Very generous of you though, thank you~

I have finally been able to get one complete set of the Fire Gems -- a male and female of each color. I will have to wait until I am unlocked to try for any more. It seems the numbers of people in the volcano has dropped dramatically. There were only 40 or so when I caught my last egg. I also got 4 more of the Tetras very easily. Need one more pair of those to complete my scroll goals.

I have finally been able to get one complete set of the Fire Gems -- a male and female of each color. I will have to wait until I am unlocked to try for any more. It seems the numbers of people in the volcano has dropped dramatically. There were only 40 or so when I caught my last egg. I also got 4 more of the Tetras very easily. Need one more pair of those to complete my scroll goals.

There were around 20 earlier today. I think it's because everyone finally managed to scroll lock themselves with the new flood. biggrin.gif

I only need one more red to complete my set! biggrin.gif

I haven't paid any attention to the Tetras, however. I'm focussing on the difficult grabs first. Swapping for Fire Gems is so easy right now, and I'm thankful for that. smile.gif