diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but the description for the adult Fire Gems is reminiscent of all us DC players. They have hoarding tendencies, "congregate in groups and show off their collections," and even trade their shinies.

Sounds like us with all our eggs/hatchies. laugh.gif

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but the description for the adult Fire Gems is reminiscent of all us DC players. They have hoarding tendencies, "congregate in groups and show off their collections," and even trade their shinies.

Sounds like us with all our eggs/hatchies. laugh.gif

lol I didn't notice that! That does sound like us.

I just woke up and I'm going to attempt another Gem in the Volcano, but I have three of each color now so I'm pretty happy as I am. My scroll-goals include 20 of each breed/coloration, and I have a feeling it will take me a *long* time to reach that with Fire Gems, but with them dropping better now it at least feels doable.

Thank you, Wiz, for poking me about this!

Here's a Fire-Gem cycler: user posted image

At the moment it just uses the corresponding, unaltered egg sprite, but it should always show you what the current dropping colour is. Please report any issues to me in PM! smile.gif

I may be getting more obvious cycler images (i.e. ones you can't mistake for just being the egg image) courtesy of another user. Once I do and the cycler changes, I'll edit credits into this post! happy.gif

----

Edit: Copying this into here so it's all in one place!

I noticed I forgot to post the code how to embed the cycler earlier. This is how you can use it:

Code:

[img=https://leviathan.thorngale.net/firegem/firegem.png]

Result:

user posted image

You can also open the URL and append a ?time= argument to find out what colour is dropping at a specific (cave) time:

https://leviathan.thorngale.net/firegem/fir...7-03-24%2018:01

You can't embed a time-specific image like that on this forum as an image, though, since the ? in the URL triggers its (sadly not very intelligent) anti-dynamic-image blocking heuristic ("Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed"). You can link to it, though.

This is wonderful Thank you.

I now have one red and one green so am feeling a little happier. I have 2 hours before I can drop my misclick. (anybody need a CB celestial?) then I can attempt to pick up another fire gem ( I hope they will be dropping still. only need one red one green and two blues to achieve my scroll goals now. but at least it feels possible now.

Edited by velvet_paw

Sounds like us with all our eggs/hatchies.  laugh.gif

This is too funny! Makes me wonder if they wrote it that way on purpose tongue.gif

In other news, I'm THRILLED to see that the eggs began dropping again. I hope everyone is able to get whichever eggs they need for their goals now smile.gif Good luck everyone!

I'm free of a misclick that's haunted me for almost a day. Now I'm missing them cos I'm too scared to click again!! xd.png

I do have a couple of each though, so I guess it's not too bad!

ETA: caught one! laugh.gif

Edited by quinney

Whining worked! I finally caught the last ones I needed and now have two pairs of everyone.

Bred a green male during the green window and got green, so it does look like breeding follows the same pattern as drops.

Well, no. With Fire Gems, you know what you are going to get - it all depends which hour you catch them in. And you can also see which colour it is from the egg; with Shards you have to wait till they hatch.

The egg in my sig will tell you which Fire Gems are in the biomes right now - and it also seems to apply to breeding. I just test bred my adults, breeding red to red and blue to blue (and interestingly green to green gave no egg - I wonder if that happens in green-dropping hours; that would be annoying !) - green is dropping at the moment, and sure enough the eggs I got were green (and are now in the AP, so if anyone is desperate...)

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, heh. That cycler thing is pretty handy.

So if anyone does not have any CB Firegems just message me

For now i'll be working on getting 2 more of each

Are these things view-hoarders or something? Seems to be taking a really L O N G time for them to hatch!

Shokomon was so kind to make some images for the cycler. smile.gif I've updated the original cycler announcement with credits. Thanks so much for your help, Shokomon!

----

Edit:

Thank you pinkgothic!!!!! You're a life saver.  biggrin.gif

This is wonderful Thank you.

That cycler thing is pretty handy.

You're very welcome! user posted image

Edited by pinkgothic

Are these things view-hoarders or something? Seems to be taking a really L O N G time for them to hatch!

Yes, it seems like gems are especially.

Jesus. I've been checking in and out of the volcano for several days now and I've yet to even see the description for the new dragon! There's 50-80 people camped out at the volcano at all hours. It's nuts! I've never seen this before. Not even the Xenowyrms were that hyped. blink.gif

Edit: Well I got 2 after waiting till the hour and clicking like mad. So apparently it IS possible to get some. You just have to be Speedy Gonzales plus not be on mobile.

Edited by JapanRocks

Pinkgothic, I really do like the egg cycler, but I liked the original one better, with just the egg image. It was so much easier to tell at a glance which color was current. My eyes have more trouble sorting this one out from the background design. sad.gif

Pinkgothic, I really do like the egg cycler, but I liked the original one better, with just the egg image. It was so much easier to tell at a glance which color was current. My eyes have more trouble sorting this one out from the background design. sad.gif

Mine too. ^^;;

~

Now up to two of each. Oddly good timing when hunting, though I didn't plan it out, lol. While I'd love to hoard, I need to get back to olives. :<

Me too, on the egg cycler. It was easier to see before.

I do love having it though. It saved me from breeding an unwanted blue egg earlier tongue.gif

Speaking of breeding, how annoying is it to wait two hours to breed a lady gem dragon, only to have her not show much interest in her chosen mate? Silly lizard. Next time I'll have him bling out a bit first. A few gold chains, some flashy diamond armbands...

I have to agree as well, the cycler was easier to see before. The egg colour kinda disappears into the background in this new one.

same here actually.

I do really like the new cycler and the way it matches the Lunar Herald one. It looks nice and tidy at the end of my signature, if there was a choice I would choose the new one. That being said perhaps making the outer or inner border match the colour of the egg of the hour would make the egg pop more and make it easier to see?

Edited by Wiz

Thank you so much for the egg cycler, but another vote for the original. smile.gif

Currently have two greens, struggling to get the others. So many people are after them, 40 in the cave right now. Madness laugh.gif

I always seem to be hunting when greens are dropping! I already have three of them, 1 blue and 0 reds.