TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I love them! Their colors are beautiful and the description is awesome. Next year I will catch lots of this beauty. Thank you for this amazing Halloween dragon. biggrin.gif

"It is believed that the markings on each Grave Dragon’s wings are the faces of those who have lost their lives in fires started by that dragon."

that certainly seems supernatural to me!

very eerie and beautiful, way to go!

I don't see that as supernatural since it appears to be nothing more than a myth. There is nothing to lead us to believe that their markings change like say, the Nebulas do while they gaze at the stars. That means that the dragons are born with the markings, or gain them shortly after maturity, meaning that it's unlikely that they have killed anyone by the time they have their pattern.

I do, however, agree that they are beautiful.

Beautiful! Congratulations to aangs-sister on another gorgeous addition to the Cave. Right now, I like the idea of pairing them with Magis, Magmas or Embers for checkers, but they deserve further study, because there are so many possible combinations. <3

I am still trying to get the CBs I want, since I was locked with some very special Marrows on Halloween. I'm up to 3 at this point, and hope to get up to 5 more, for 4 breeding pairs next year, but we'll see if it's even possible.

It has been a very good year for me and my beloved Marrows, and one more 2g PB female would round off a perfect year. I did manage to pick up 13 new Marrows, and want to thank the breeders of the 11 from trades or the AP. (2 are from my own pairs) You made this Halloween the best of my 4 Halloweens in the Cave. wub.gif

I also picked up my 2nd PB 2g pumpkin, after 4 years of attempts to find one. I also found an even 3g PB, and a 2g that will replace another in my future Pumpkin/Pygmy checkers. Thank you again to these breeders, as well as the breeder of this stunning little Shadow, http://dragcave.net/lineage/vEPRK.

It's also been a delight to see some of my bred AP babies offered in the trade threads, with the idea that they are actually worth some pretty trades. Thank you for seeing that my babies end up in good homes!

Thank you again to TJ, aangs-sister, Nakase, Mysfytt, Fiona and all the other spriters for the Carnival and treats, and all the Mods who have helped produce and run this magnificent Halloween event! smile.gif

Another Halloween dragon that's Halloween-y in colors and description only. Vampires had a unique "breeding" method and massive fangs, Marrows had bits of skeleton showing, SWs half fade from sight, and Pumpkins of course have Pumpkins... but CLs and these new guys are pretty much just standard western dragons with Halloween colors and slightly nasty personalities. They're very pretty, just not what I was hoping for in the release. sad.gif

+1.

I too am a bit disappointed. Of course I appreciate the event and aang's-sister for giving us our lovely holiday dragon and am not hating on the sprite itself. Still not my favorite holiday of all time (Marrows! <3) but am thankful nevertheless to have some to breed more next year.

However, I think their description is certainly the most vividly gruesome and awesome in all of DC! blink.gif

Thank you TJ and spriters again!

WOW!!! These dragons are amazing! So beautiful and the colors and wing designs are blowing me away! LOVE them!!!!

Beautiful colors... I love it.....

Thank you, aangs-sister, this is a pretty one...

Edited by Husky51

Happy {late} Halloween and Day of the Dead!

I love these new Grave Dragons and the fantastic description.

Thank you for a fun filled Halloween carnival and happy magical event again!!

wub.gif

My gosh these Grave Dragons are amazing! I love their design and their description! I love the female the most! I look forward to writing descriptions for my dragons. This is gonna be fun! biggrin.gif

Love the new dragons! I think they are my favorite. Their description is absolutely beautiful and macabre, but I don't understand how they are 'grinning' or what relation graves has to them staring at owners. Little confused by that one.

Just curious but what dragons do you think that these will look good in lineages with? I'm not sure what I want to breed mine with.

Just curious but what dragons do you think that these will look good in lineages with? I'm not sure what I want to breed mine with.

Embers, I think.

Embers, I think.

Nice idea. I did breed a lot of my marrows with embers originally as well.

Nice idea. I did breed a lot of my marrows with embers originally as well.

Ooh nice idea. I also am thinking Magmas and white Stripes Wonder what color Stripe they'll make..?

These are my first Halloween dragon and I'm totally thrilled to have taken me two of these treasures. They are full of beautiful and I am proud to have at least two of them. Thank you to the author of this dragon beauty. biggrin.gif

greetings Morgaina

I'm personally trying mine with Daydreams, but I breed everything with Daydreams. xd.png They might not look half bad with Seragammas, similar colours and all. That's just a wild guess though.

I was thinking they'd look good with Black or Magi, possibly Red dragons would also look nice.

A combined lineage with Albino, Ember and Magi just popped into my head. I'll have to slap something together in PhotoFiltre to see how it would look.

Nope. I can't seem to make it look right, and the Albinos are just weird. What possessed me to get this idea? xd.png

Edited by Orlageddon

I'm thinking of breeding one with my snow angel at Christmas as I think that will be pretty

I think a lot of people haven't read the description. Grave dragons are named for their grave look, not for being in a grave.

But you know, the faces of the souls it has brutally burned to death for the sake of eating their ashes, is on their wings, so there's that.

I also agree they'll look nice with snow angels, though what a total opposite in personality for them!

I rather like Seragammas http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=3rx3v

Also the name has nothing to do with graves. The word grave in this case means 'serious, somber, or dark

I'd like to thank TJ and the spriters (of dragon and carnival) for another fun event.

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=Uhyaa

with brown coppers, for Rubyshoes

and magma http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...gen=4&mate=c5bY

Edited by ainisarie