TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

You ever drop a marshmallow in the fire while camping and one side catches fire and the other is white and there's a thin band of perfect right between?

I will forever think of these as burnt marshmallow dragons.

lol i just cracked up when i read your post and i have to say thank you for the wonderful inspiration for naming them lol i now have if you combine their names they are a marshmallow kitty stocker laugh.gif

I'm trying to figure out how we breed for 2nd gens with Black or other coloured Stripes - or were people thinking of a patterned lineage, starting perhaps with a Black/White Stripe pairing and doing a stair-step with a 'burnt marshmallow' in the second gen?

I guess we'd need to know how/if Stripe colour is affected by these dragons; if Black Stripes were produced, even-gens would make nice lineages, now that we have even-gens back, although I personally think Embers go better...

Decisions, decisions...

Missed out on Halloween :|. -comment removed-

Edited by rubyshoes

I love the design, but man, that description.... I never really know what to do with these dragon breeds that don't play nicely with others.

Breeding-wise, I'm thinking of checkering them with Embers- they look quite nice together IMO and they're a good fit thematically/environmentally as well.

Edited by Troubletail

I'm trying to figure out how we breed for 2nd gens with Black or other coloured Stripes - or were people thinking of a patterned lineage, starting perhaps with a Black/White Stripe pairing and doing a stair-step with a 'burnt marshmallow' in the second gen?

I guess we'd need to know how/if Stripe colour is affected by these dragons; if Black Stripes were produced, even-gens would make nice lineages, now that we have even-gens back, although I personally think Embers go better...

Decisions, decisions...

From the moment I saw the gendered hatchies I figured they would pair nicely with Embers.

Wow, those wing designs are gorgeous! I am so looking forward to my pretties growing up so I can start trying some pairing! wub.gif

I love the design, but man, that description.... I never really know what to do with these dragon breeds that don't play nicely with others.

lol I know right? What breed should I put them by when I'm sorting them? Which breeds are "safe" to attempt breeding them with?

Burnt Marshmallows. CANNOT get that image out of my head, omg.

Dang, those are some fearsome-looking dragons. Love 'em!

Also, I have 2 pairs of gendered Grave hatchies ready to go to new homes. I'll send them as a pair, so PM me with your scroll link. I will only give each pair to peeps with no Grave dragons on their scroll.

The females are just gorgeous <3 I was a little unsure how much I wanted mine from looking at the scrawny little hatchlings, but am definitely glad now I have 5 CB pairs. And what a great description. Love them smile.gif

I REALLY love these guys. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. And honestly, I love the silly, "spoopy" side of Halloween, one of my favourite past Halloween dragons is the Pumpkins (cute little froggies!) so I'm fine with having not super-gristly looking Halloween dragons.

I do love how the female has her claws up though, it's like "DON'T CROSS ME, YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY IMAGINE WHAT HORRORS I'VE COMMITTED WITH THESE CLAWS."

But of course, so far I've named three "Ah Burnt Mah Butt," "Mah Biscuits Are Burnin'," and "Roasty-Toasty Marshmallow." Darnit Marionetta.

(Kudos if you get the reference in the last one. The character who said that is totally my favourite Lion King character out of the whole series, and a pyro to boot. xd.png; )

You ever drop a marshmallow in the fire while camping and one side catches fire and the other is white and there's a thin band of perfect right between?

I will forever think of these as burnt marshmallow dragons.

Drop it into the fire? Like an accident? Nah. I still just put them in the middle on purpose, then blow the fire out. Sometimes a perfectly golden brown marshmallow is good too though.

I was so excited when I saw the hatchies, but I just don't care much for the adults sad.gif Too many bits and pieces of them (on the male particularly) just look awkward to my eye. I probably won't collect these from the AP next year except for as freezing fodder.

Thanks to everyone involved for the Halloween event!

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat. Love the hatchlings, I'm still thinking on the adults. Love the colors and the faces (tortured and evil grin). I like the female better but something about the anatomy/proportions on the male is off to me. Eh. They might still grow on me.

The hatchlings still make me sqeee so cute and yes I know it's suppose to be a halloween dragon.

I think that the adults are absolutely stunning! I may freeze a baby once it wings, but I'm letting most of mine grow up. They remind me of the Mustang muscle cars with the flames painted on them.

...But toasted Marshmallows works too well... xd.png

I've named the two that will become adults (I don't know why - but even though they burn the forest and the like for food, it made me think of a cleansing fire [as forest fires are not always bad and many are needed for renewal of the forest]) - their names are Ro'Tahmnee (Cleaner of Flames) and Tahm'ni (New Fire).

Not sure what I'll name the hatchling I plan on Freezing (that will depend on gender).

Cool dragons.. Though I wish the Female pose was...different I guess.

Like a flying pose would have been cool, with spread out wings... I guess I just don't like the sitting thing with its hands up. I'll probably influence a lot to be male cause of it. >.<

Nice adult sprites! Not my favorite Halloween dragon, but still good! I like the female better.

Personally, I like the male better. I've never been a fan for the pose with the back facing us. But that's just my personal preference. Still a nice dragon.

Maybe I just have Avatar on the brain or something, but the description really made me think of Koh the Face Stealer.

I hope my hatchling will gender soon.

I just wanted to thank TJ and all the event runners for another terrific Halloween at the Cave. I have a Halloween birthday, and the Cave makes is extra special every year. I especially like this year's sprites - spooky and beautiful! <3

TJ's dragons have grown up, and mine have hatched. Huzzah! Thanks to everyone who made this event possible.