TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Aaah! I love the adults! The favorite part? - Female's upraised paws fhjhakhfkshf so adorable wub.gif

And wow the breed description - who would've thought something so cute looking could be so deadly. And I thought it will be candy-themed, that was a ...grave mistake ahaha. And the faces of the burnt on the wings - very very morbid. Though the first sentence had me giggling. ("Oh no! Not the grave expression! Anything but that!" xd.png)

Edited by s0r0k4

Certainly not disappointed in this years Halloween Dragon. Both adults are lovely and I'm glad I got my seven as quickly as I could. I'm planning surnames for them. (:

Throwing in my opinion. What really makes these dragons "halloween" to me is the fact that the spirits of the creatures it killed are on its wings. That to me makes the ghost, ghouls, etc. connection.

And, if we're talking "halloween" that really makes the cavern lurker from last year not halloween by definition. It lives in a cave and ambushes prey. That could be a dragon any time of the year.

(not that I don't like the lurker, I think it's an awesome dragon)

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I think they're great Halloween dragons and wonderful sprites (and I love the female!) and am happy to have them on my scroll.

I can't wait to see further sprites from aangs-sister

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Nice to see what they look like. The adult design looks totally wicked. Hope mine matures soon!

I didn't care for the Lurker either.

They are very pretty, but I do like the female better. The coloring on her is lovely.

Thank You TJ and Spriters for another great event.

I love the new dragons. They look cool and the description is great. I can't wait for my own to grow up. I too thought they were going to end up being somehow related to candy. Not that that would have been bad, but I like how these ended up a lot more than what I had in my head from the beginning.

The adults are absolutely beautiful. This is my first DC Halloween, and it was amazing. Thank you TJ and the spriters!

Sooo beautiful! The Grave dragons are definitely my second favorite Halloween dragon after the Marrows. I was going to freeze an S1 and S2, but after seeing the adults, I'm going to let all of mine grow up. Thank you, aangs-sister! I just love the spooky spirits on their wings! <3

And thank you T.J. and all artists involved in bringing us another fun Halloween!

Edited by Maladjust

And, if we're talking "halloween" that really makes the cavern lurker from last year not halloween by definition. It lives in a cave and ambushes prey. That could be a dragon any time of the year.

(not that I don't like the lurker, I think it's an awesome dragon)

But does the Lurker not remind you of a ghoul itself? The ways its limbs twist and its cloak-like wings.

"It is believed that the markings on each Grave Dragon’s wings are the faces of those who have lost their lives in fires started by that dragon."

that certainly seems supernatural to me!

very eerie and beautiful, way to go!

"It is believed that the markings on each Grave Dragon’s wings are the faces of those who have lost their lives in fires started by that dragon."

that certainly seems supernatural to me!

very eerie and beautiful, way to go!

Ditto that! I think they have a couple of very eerie, supernatural traits -- the faces appearing on their wings, and also the fact that they have a gaze which evokes panic/terror in those they turn it upon. I also think they look Halloween-y in their appearance: the skinny ribcage, the sort of spidery claws, the candy-striped (and yet like natural hide, so well-done!) legs, the overall color scheme, the spooky flame patterns...

So pretty and creepy!

(I do agree on that near foreleg comment -- that it looks a touch...human? But, meh! It hardly changes my opinion of the dragon! Also, when I first saw them, I wasn't sure I liked how the female's claws were showing, as it seemed a sort of human pose... but the more I look at it, the more I like it for its witchy Halloweeniness!)

wow, these dragons are really beautiful. they're just strange enough to be unsettling without being too disturbing, in my opinion. i really enjoy having strange, gruesome dragons that aren't just the same tropes playing on repeat. plus, their color schemes are really nice, and i love the patterns on their wings. these dragons are just overall really noble and beautiful.

((i type as i name my dragon 'zoosmell pooplord'))

Gosh, the patterns on these are so pretty. These may turn into my favorite Halloween dragons, though they have some competition with the vampires for first place in my book.

And that breed description is fantastically morbid.