TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Oh man my cute little babies will look so beautiful when they're adu-

... *reads description*

MOTHER OF GOD! That's horrible! ._.

I was disappointed by the adults this year. Was hoping for more of the 2010 type stuff. oh well, there's always next year.

Hmmm...I'm not sure I'm personally crazy about these, but they are very nice. Thank you aangs-sister!

Edited by Wahya

I wished they would be more creepy, they look more like a normal beautiful dragon than an Holloween breed. They are beautiful but sadly in my opinion nothing for Halloween.

I really like the adults. The last few years' halloween dragons have been very dark/black, so this sort of painted cloth look is interesting. I also just really REALLY enjoy dragons that obviously have had a lot of pixel-by-pixel love put into them. Detailed sprites are the best.

These adults are by far my favorite Halloween sprites. Wow, they're absolutely fantastic! The colors, the wing patterns - asdfghjkl. <3 Definitely going to start some nice lines with these guys. biggrin.gif

Ugh, I was waiting to see the adults before I influence my 7th egg, hoping I would prefer one over the other. But now that I've seen them I can't decide!

Another Halloween dragon that's Halloween-y in colors and description only. Vampires had a unique "breeding" method and massive fangs, Marrows had bits of skeleton showing, SWs half fade from sight, and Pumpkins of course have Pumpkins... but CLs and these new guys are pretty much just standard western dragons with Halloween colors and slightly nasty personalities. They're very pretty, just not what I was hoping for in the release. sad.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Another stunning Halloween dragon; thanks for a great new Holiday aangs-sister! :3

I'm interested in seeing the spriter's alts.

Another Halloween dragon that's Halloween-y in colors and description only. Vampires had a unique "breeding" method and massive fangs, Marrows had bits of skeleton showing, SWs half fade from sight, and Pumpkins of course have Pumpkins... but CLs and these new guys are pretty much just standard western dragons with Halloween colors and slightly nasty personalities. They're very pretty, just not what I was hoping for in the release. sad.gif

I agree. I hate to hate on the dragon, they're very beautiful and are amazingly sprited!...but it has nothing to do with halloween. They burn down forests and kill other dragons, the faces appear on their wings. but nowhere is the halloween spirit...sigh. I still love them, but they're more of a dragon that i'd go out of my way to collect tons and breed throughout the year..

I agree. As creepy as the hatchies are, I was hoping the adults would be as well xd.png

I can't wait to hoard S1's next year smile.gif

I guess I don't 'get' whatchall think the "Halloween Spirit" should be - these have ghostly victim-faces on their wings and are gorgeous and wear autumnal colors. If you're all that disappointed maybe you should trade some away.

Good job artists and all involved in our halloween event, I've enjoyed it all and really like the dragons.

I love the adults. Can't wait until next year, just have to get tons of them. Thanks so much! X3

I guess I don't 'get' whatchall think the "Halloween Spirit" should be - these have ghostly victim-faces on their wings and are gorgeous and wear autumnal colors. If you're all that disappointed maybe you should trade some away.

Good job artists and all involved in our halloween event, I've enjoyed it all and really like the dragons.

Absolutely not. It's not that we don't like the sprites, i LOVE THE SPRITES

I mean, it's obvious that they put time and effort into creating this.

And i see that they've got the faces on them... But it also looks like fire.

The name is 'grave dragon' but what have they to do with graves.. They kill animals in fires...

The only truly halloweeny part of this dragon is that the face appears on their wings. and the colors.

There are plenty of things that are halloween like but there is a certain spirit that isn't completely captured...

omg aangs-sister they are beautiful, congrats on such a wonderful job ^ ^

I know when Christmas comes around i'm going to try to see if it'll breed with my snow angel. That would be such a pretty line.

Edited by Melisande

To me, the key element is, "if this dragon were albino, would it still remind me of Halloween? Is there something in the design other than just the colors that says 'Halloween?'" As I mentioned prior, the first four Halloween dragons all had elements to them that evoked Halloween on a deeper level than just the colors. Whereas with these guys (and the CLs), if you made them albino they would essentially just be normal western dragons, with nothing unusually ghastly or spooky about their appearances. The descriptions, too, don't tie them super strongly to Halloween; a lot of dragons probably blaze down towns, and ambush-hunting isn't a uniquely scary behavior either.

Again, they are very pretty, don't get me wrong there! The faces and patterns are lovely, and I'm eager to see how the color scheme will be used in breeding. It's just we only get one Halloween per year, so I'm always a bit sad when the dragons chosen are anything less than 100% perfectly characteristic of it, and IMO these guys aren't.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Love all stages of these dragons. Thanks TJ and spriters for them.

I think that we might not be getting the big picture. Losing lives through fire is not a small matter and if those souls happen to have a affect on the dragon or somewhat then it can count. They're more of a neutral dragon I would think, more like the Cave Lurker since they aren't visible Halloween.

Now my true opinion. They are lovely, their colors are Halloween (thanks to my Hallowequine horse who is black, orange, and white...I love Batty). But I noticed the male's ribs are visible. I guess a diet of nothing but charoal and ash wouldn't do much to help them gain some muscle.

I'm curious, how can a dragon as large as them be able to survive only on charred bits? If something is burned then it's wrinkly and not quite edible and certainly wouldn't contribute much weight...so shouldn't they also eat something live? like plants or small animals?

I agree. As creepy as the hatchies are, I was hoping the adults would be as well xd.png

I can't wait to hoard S1's next year smile.gif

Same here. I think they are beautiful, the colors and pattern are outstanding, but they aren't quite what I was hoping for. They're a lovely addition to the cave, but they fell a little shy of "Halloween" for me.

I will be stocking up on hatchies next year though. Those little guys are just creepily adorable.

Edited by Sir Barton

+1 I absolutely do love the effort that's obviously been put into these, and will still collect them. I just don't... think it's complete or really captures halloween. sad.gif I think they will create some interesting lineage concepts however.

One thing: if these eat ash and charcoal, does that mean ember dragons have to watch out. blink.gif

Oh. My. God. O___O Look at those fantastic colors! Look at that wicked pattern! I love this dragon. Thank God I was able to snag 6 of them. These are pure win. smile.gif

The adults are absolutely gorgeous! I luv 'em!

Fantastic job, aangs-sister! smile.gif

Thanks again TJ, and all the spriters for a Super Fun Halloween this year! biggrin.gif