TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Aww, that IS horrible! sad.gif Makes me wonder if that's what happened to all 5 of my 2012 Halloween Dragons. I gotten them the first night they came out. I thought it was just from not fogging them for the cool-down. I didn't know people actually TRY to kill eggs that way.

Even the Vampires aren't that cruel when they bite.

It's highly probable that that's what happened (I've noticed a lot of time view bombing is directed at those who say they have caught a lot of eggs for a release out of jealousy)

I've had my share of it - and have mastered to counter-act it and save the eggs.

As for why people do it - it's the simple competitive nature of people. Like any website where there is collecting and rarity - you are always going to have those players who (in the eyes of others) hoard all the rares and get all the good ones.

Of course, these people get so mad - they decide to go the route of 'if I can't have it - no one can' (hence those who kill the parents of various lineages to spite a person who got and would not give back a lost bred egg they did not want abandoned)

Sadly, as long as people are competitive - these problems will exist (the only ways to stop them are to either give everyone everything, or remove the rarity factors entirely and even then - problems would still probably exist for other reasons [like lineage or codes])

ugh. People on EAtW are asking for Low-gen shimmers for their opals. >_____< I've tried breeding my shimmers every week and I don't get anything. q-q

After a couple hours, caught another Blue Opal. This hunt is actually EXTREMELY fun. I mean, the forest and alpine have been moving at a pretty decent pace. And being able to click all the opals that go by gives me hope. xd.png Maybe it's because I'm patient because I'm in a six hour car ride. (and possibly because I caught a Leetle Tree.)

It's highly probable that that's what happened (I've noticed a lot of time view bombing is directed at those who say they have caught a lot of eggs for a release out of jealousy)

I've had my share of it - and have mastered to counter-act it and save the eggs.

As for why people do it - it's the simple competitive nature of people. Like any website where there is collecting and rarity - you are always going to have those players who (in the eyes of others) hoard all the rares and get all the good ones.

Of course, these people get so mad - they decide to go the route of 'if I can't have it - no one can' (hence those who kill the parents of various lineages to spite a person who got and would not give back a lost bred egg they did not want abandoned)

Sadly, as long as people are competitive - these problems will exist (the only ways to stop them are to either give everyone everything, or remove the rarity factors entirely and even then - problems would still probably exist for other reasons [like lineage or codes])

Sigh~ Well, now that makes me more cautious for future releases. sleep.gif

I understand the frustration of not getting an egg no matter if you click once or rapid click only to have the message, "Sorry this egg has been taken by someone else", but it's pointless to try and kill someone else's egg just because you didn't get it.

It won't get you an egg and you could spend your time trying to get another one instead of wasting time killing someone else's.

Talk about an immature way to play especially when this site is a way for some people to wind down after a stressful day. Myself included.

If a person was sore that I had collected a large number of one species all they and to do was ask for an egg and I would more then likely breed one for them.

@Angela_1

Don't give in now. there's always a chance. If you'd like I can breed you some red undescided's once mine are able to breed? I can also add you to the list of blue opals once I get mine from a friend. smile.gif

Hi, ShorahNagi, just to mention, View-bombing is not 'competitive' - that doesn't remotely qualify as 'competition' any more than poisoning somebody's racehorse to try to win a bet does.

Except that here, there's not even the 'excuse' reasoning of greed, because no benefit accrues to the Viewbomber, other than enjoyment of causing pain in others.

There's not even the 'excuse' reasoning of killing competition, because that just means that person needs more of whatever has been killed off.

That's just pathological sickness, trying to cause misery in someone else, because enjoying hurting others, destroying somebody else's joy and the products of their labour, or a gift given from, and treasured because of, kindness.

Competitive people try to win on their own, not by depriving those who won something, fair and square.

Hi, ShorahNagi, just to mention, View-bombing is not 'competitive' - that doesn't remotely qualify as 'competition' any more than poisoning somebody's racehorse to try to win a bet does.

Except that here, there's not even the 'excuse' reasoning of greed, because no benefit accrues to the Viewbomber, other than enjoyment of causing pain in others.

There's not even the 'excuse' reasoning of killing competition, because that just means that person needs more of whatever has been killed off.

That's just pathological sickness, trying to cause misery in someone else, because enjoying hurting others, destroying somebody else's joy and the products of their labour, or a gift given from, and treasured because of, kindness.

Competitive people try to win on their own, not by depriving those who won something, fair and square.

True - but 'competitive' was the best word I could think of at the time of typing this.

Anyhow - all these negative sides of Dragon Cave aside...anyone else now not seeing ANY new eggs in any of the Biomes (It's been over an hour since I've seen a new of any kind)

*Note I am no longer looking for these eggs, and if by chance I get them I will gift them - but usually on a hunt for some other eggs during new egg drops I see them

Either people are snapping them up faster than I can even see them - or they are well hidden - or they are taking a break from dropping?

Edited by ShorahNagi

still haven't caught any. It will be like it is with the coppers I wont catch any. No one wants to trade any for rare dragons either.

Edited by roxasxaxel

True - but 'competitive' was the best word I could think of at the time of typing this.

Anyhow - all these negative sides of Dragon Cave aside...anyone else now not seeing ANY new eggs in any of the Biomes (It's been over an hour since I've seen a new of any kind)

*Note I am no longer looking for these eggs, and if by chance I get them I will gift them - but usually on a hunt for some other eggs during new egg drops I see them

Either people are snapping them up faster than I can even see them - or they are well hidden - or they are taking a break from dropping?

I've seen a whole bunch today. Once I even saw about 5 within 30 seconds. They're pretty well spaced out, but there seem to be bunches.

It's actually pretty awesome, hopefully when the hype dies down, they will seem more abundant. smile.gif

Even though there has been a lot, they are being snatched up in an instant. Perhaps that's why you haven't seen many..

ugh. People on EAtW are asking for Low-gen shimmers for their opals. >_____< I've tried breeding my shimmers every week and I don't get anything.  q-q

On the flipside my lowest gen shimmer finally bred true but everyone on the forum wants opals instead of shimmer swaps!

And yeah, they're popping up, it's just one of those "blink or look at another tab for a second and you miss them" deals. I caught some Undecideds and just passed some around in Departures. tongue.gif

Also: GBs in the alpine? o_O? (I was hitting myself for missing one in the Volcano area, I still need more for my GB/split checker...)

Edited by DorkJulian

Just trawled the Alpine, ended up with an Opal for my trouble but all my other slots filled with random eggs. I'll count it as a victory.

Edited by Draco Knight

Still don't have a single one of any of those... I was at a festival when they were released, now I'm back for two days and tomorrow I'm leaving again for the rest of this week... so it's not like I've been hunting too actively yet this is getting really frustrating -.- Oh well, I'll get some, sometime...

I couldn't resist the CB Ice just staring everyone in the face, bahaa. Had to get it. I'll be locked until I gift some of these Opals. Until then, I'll just have to do some drawing or something.

Meanwhile yes, I have seen a ton of them today. o.o So just keep looking! happy.gif

I give up the only thing i get for my troubles is misclicks and being egg locked for 5 hours. second time ive been egg locked never had so much trouble.

Bad dragons - How dare you toss away that Vampire egg I just made!?

And glad to see people are still seeing them. It's funny, when I was activly seeking them - I couldn't find them. Now that I am hunting for other eggs - I can't see them at all.

Oh well

I just wish the forest would move alittle faster... I even picked up some blocker eggs to make it move but nothin... dry.gif

Edited by majors

Lol, thought that might be it - just didn't want any nasty people trying to use a positive term as an 'excuse' for vindictive, sick behaviours that harm others.

About all we can do is to Fog whenever we can't watch our dragons closely, at least the ones that matter most/are most at risk, since we don't yet have any 'Fog/Unfog All' option, drat it!

Edit: ShorahNagi, those of us with slower Refreshes/puters won't see, never mind catch, the Opals that show, as they're taken so quickly.

When people do not have the opportunity to fill up quickly and top up easily during Floods and high levels of new eggs following New Releases, so that the number of hunters looking for these eggs at any time continually goes down, the fastest will naturally continue to get the bulk and the slowest may not even see the eggs fly by.

If I hadn't been gifted two eggs by an major angel, I'd have no hope of Opals either, although I did catch a pair of Undecideds and a pair of each from the last Release I'd missed.

I had to stay up two nights hunting to do it, but am feeling much better.

But I saw very few Opals last night, I think two altogether, while many others saw more, even if they didn't catch any themselves.

I'm afraid that most of us - barring luck or the generosity of others - are out of the running on new Releases conducted this way.

Edited by Syphoneira

Has anyone noticed there seems to be a secondary theme to all the recent releases? Look at all the eggs that sort between Black and Blusang. It's weird. How many BL--- dragons can there be?

Then there's "This egg shines brilliantly in moonlight, and is covered in red spots" followed by "This opalescent egg shimmers in the moonlight."

Yeah i noticed that in a few,Black Tea, Bleeding Moon, Guilded Bloodscale Blusang Black Tip

Now we have moonlight moonlight things with moons

I tried to make a point of this when the bloodscales came out, but nobody really believed me aha

The new opals go right after the Splits!

The confused eggs seem to be right after dorsals, so i'm thinking Double Headed something!

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Has anyone noticed there seems to be a secondary theme to all the recent releases? Look at all the eggs that sort between Black and Blusang. It's weird. How many BL--- dragons can there be?

Then there's "This egg shines brilliantly in moonlight, and is covered in red spots" followed by "This opalescent egg shimmers in the moonlight."

Lol, sounds like DC is going Goth!

Fabulous hatchlings! The colors are just <3

Yeah i noticed that in a few,Black Tea, Bleeding Moon, Guilded Bloodscale Blusang

Don't forget Black Tip laugh.gif

Dragonpuck, lol i noticed.. i accidentally typed in black tea twice instead of the second time doing Black Tip

But yeah, i noticed this.. It was put down before but it's been in the past what.. Four? new releases.. I think maybe this year has a darker theme then normally aha, notice we haven't gotten any super bright dragons lately?(except for the black tips, but still)

The new opals go right after the Splits!

The confused eggs seem to be right after dorsals, so i'm thinking Double Headed something!

The most commonly suggested name guess I've heard for the Opals are Two-Headed *insert two legged type of dragon here* (Two-headed Lindwurm and Two-Headed Wyvern have popped up a lot)

As for the Multicolored ones - they have to be something Red Dorsals and Electrics so this puts them at Do-S but before Ele for a name (so Double as part of the name fits quite well - perhaps 'Double Rainbow Dragon' [would explain the color changing]

*edit - suddenly, I regret suggesting Double Rainbow as I remembered all the Internet things about it (Oh what does this mean for Dragon Cave?)

Edited by ShorahNagi