TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Didn't catch any mellow.gif

Do the large drops last only 2 minutes or is my computer playing tricks on me?

Ha! They don't even last that long I don't think, maybe not even 30 seconds!

I've really lucked out this time around, got 5 so far, breeding pair of the reds and greens, just need one last blue. Then I think I'll try for my 7th egg as another blue, just in case.

I just caught my 2nd Blue Opal egg. Now I have a influenced pair of each new dragon.

I caught both of my Blues in the Alpine and both of my Greens in the Forest. The Red eggs I caught one in the Forest and one in the Jungle, but they look to be dropping everywhere.

Good luck everyone still hunting!

Grabbed two eggs and now have to try for the opals!

Thanks to TJ and all of those folks who work so hard to make this so much fun!

laugh.gif

LOL I certainly don't care about "hoarders" - in fact, I want to be one on new releases too.

That's MY play style. I am a player that wants to have something to show for the time I put into hunting eggs. Just like the people that put in time hunting eggs and actually get them.

Boo Hoo? No. Boo Yeah? Yes. smile.gif

I just think longer drops would even out the playing field - and actually make it a fair play.

I, too, would like to see longer drops. I did just manage two of the red ones and am quite shocked. It took me till a week ago to get one of last month's breeds. It's quite frustrating to constantly see only "cave blockers". I have enough Greens, Guardians, etc. Things need to change. If not for my breeding projects, I would have long ago completely lost interest and left the game. I have an old, slow computer that usually makes it nearly impossible to catch anything other than commons... Call me ungrateful if you will, but TJ needs to understand (not just know) how we feel.

I managed to get 2 of the colorful eggs from the jungle and misclicked 2 extras, but the opals have been a pain in the arse with all the lagging going on. Somehow I did manage a green opal from the forest on a really weird drop that was out of the regular schedule.

With that, I'll be calling it quits. Hopefully after going to bed and waking up, I'll have better luck.

Thankfully hasn't been much fussing about hoarding so far.

But another reason some people try to get them ASAP is because it's a lot easier to get them when they are the only thing dropping in the biomes.

Slow computers and crappy connections like mine make it almost impossible to snatch eggs from faster players once they start dropping as regular drops. Basically it's a now or never kind of thing and since no one knows if they'll be uncommon , well grab what you can while you can!

Finally got three of them! Two of the red one and one of the silver one. Now to get the goldish one. <3

I don't hate the game or anything, I just don't get why people go so crazy when they haven't even been out for 3 hours.

I think it's more about the frustration... after about the 10th short drop and coming up with NOTHING to show for it and listening to people bragging here about how they got them all and were STILL grabbing more rather then having a little courtesy for others... I was ready to put a fist through my screen at the smallest sign of lag... lol

Just when I think I have the method for a release planned out, TJ throws in a multicolor breed.

Every. Time.

I, too, would like to see longer drops.  I did just manage two of the red ones and am quite shocked.  It took me till a week ago to get one of last month's breeds.  It's quite frustrating to constantly see only "cave blockers".  I have enough Greens, Guardians, etc.  Things need to change.  If not for my breeding projects, I would have long ago completely lost interest and left the game.  I have an old, slow computer that usually makes it nearly impossible to catch anything other than commons...  Call me ungrateful if you will, but TJ needs to understand (not just know) how we feel.

user posted image

LOL I certainly don't care about "hoarders" - in fact, I want to be one on new releases too.

That's MY play style. I am a player that wants to have something to show for the time I put into hunting eggs. Just like the people that put in time hunting eggs and actually get them.

Boo Hoo? No. Boo Yeah? Yes. smile.gif

Maybe this is a novel concept to you but it's called I Wasn't Talking About You. Woah.

But yeah. I do agree with there being a need for longer drops.

I am done!!!

I caught 3 undecideds, 2 blues and 2 greens and I am now egg locked...

I am glad that I prepared for this drop by not getting any eggs around the end of the month.

YAY!

The earliest that I have ever been able to complete my new release captures...

Thank You, TJ and Spriters...

Hang in there people, it IS doable... If I can catch them, anyone can... biggrin.gif

Edited by Husky51

I think it's more about the frustration... after about the 10th short drop and coming up with NOTHING to show for it and listening to people bragging here about how they got them all and were STILL grabbing more rather then having a little courtesy for others... I was ready to put a fist through my screen at the smallest sign of lag... lol

Agreed. And I also had the thought of "How is that possible?"

Maybe this is a novel concept to you but it's called I Wasn't Talking About You. Woah.

But yeah. I do agree with there being a need for longer drops.

Here is an equally novel concept - you're not the first person to mention hoarders. So using quotes sparingly makes you look a little more informed. wink.gif

Every release is a drama for everyone. I was and still am upset about not getting the coppers and in 5 years I didn't even catch a cb gold xd.png But oh well, it's the way DC is, I just enjoy seeing a scroll full of pretty dragons, I don't even feel like trading anymore, people are too picky tongue.gif

Are there 5 minute drops happening? Usually I depend on those. :/

I think???

lol.... well it seems like it. at 10:25(my time) I got the last of what I needed. So i'll go with yes. smile.gif

Edited by Loveless3173

Are there no 5 minute drops? Or are they just super short?

Tbh the reason why I dislike new releases are not because it's hard to get them-I am very fortunate in that I live in a completely different time zone, and my computer speed is also decent-but because of all the whining about not being able to grab one because you vouldn't get one. Boo hoo. It took me three days to get a blusang because I thought the olives and brimstones would be rarer, turned out I was wrong. I had to trade multiples of the other eggs just to trade for one. Ah well. Shryg and move on. Plus, there is no hoarding in the game. You can catch a million cb coppers if you want to. Hell 2 million. Most amount of eggs a person can catch at one time is 7 anyways, providing they don't multi-scroll, so I don't see what the big outcry against the evil hated hoarders are about.

Yeah, I have to say that's a little offputting for me, too. >: Also, you got Blusangs? o.o I has just one. D: Someone really nice gifted me a bred one, but alas, no CBs. I agree with that - it's just about being patient. I'm locked and will be for the next few days, so there's someone's chance to take my place! And everyone else's who are equally egglocked. No big deal. I hunted based on when people were egglocked back when I was just bronze trophy/had a slow laptop. If you're determined, I always find, you'll definitely find a way to hunt!

Actually I'm on because I'm waiting to get a turn to play an xbox game after my boyfriend gets done with it. And when I first got on, another egg site I check out was down for a little bit.

I only want one of each, tops, or at least one to begin with. I know other people might like some so I step aside once I get one.

Well, it's good to know that you're not too invested in this release. o.o I imagine it would be a lot more stressful for people who are on DC with the sole intent to hunt. Hope you get to play the Xbox!

Are there no 5 minute drops? Or are they just super short?

Just super short.

Here is an equally novel concept - you're not the first person to mention hoarders. So using quotes sparingly makes you look a little more informed. wink.gif

I just am ****ing frustrated with people who come to every new thread on every new release and continue to whine. Happened with the 7 day release when it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to hoard because people are full with releases from previous days, happened with the June release, the July release, happened on every nww release that I have ever taken part in. And it's the same argument every time-"baww I couldn't get one it's not fair"-I mean I understand people being frustrated but really??? Like you have to put down other people??? I would be the first to be happy about longer drops or more accesibiloty, I just don't think blaming other people who want the eggs as much as you do is the way to do it.