TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Well, to be fair, people were able to catch CB metalics this year because the cave suddenly produced a whoooooooole bunch of them...which is the same thing people are asking for to catch these.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that part of the idea behind the new schedule of releases, the earlier mixing in of other eggs, and the lack of long mass drops is to extend the amount of time it takes for people to collect them.

For a long time people complained about being bored because they would come for releases, get all they needed and then just wait around. This new strategy does seem to disrupt that. I don't usually have a problem catching things, but with the frequency of the releases even I'm way behind where I usually would be with catching what I need. In that way it does make sense.

I think that it's frustrating, in part, because we compare it to how it used to be when we could get the eggs we needed during the release period. Personally, I'm trying to accustom myself to a more long-term strategy now before something else happens.

Yeah, new commons use to flood the cave terribly. Everybody would get their fill, but because they were COMMONS they would just. keep. coming. So you'd be trying to catch a seasonal or stripe or something, but those darn limestones would block everything and not go away because the cave's ratios would need to balance out. I prefer rarity to over-commoness because rarity early on means that the drops will be mixed. Lets face it, with VERY few exceptions everyone will pretty much get what they want from the new drops within a day or two.

and I'm locked now

if anybody needs a pair of reds, I have an unneeded pair that's on CD

*grumbles about not getting that second green opal*

The red ones will be more common than the other...

I wouldn't assume so soon! A lot of people have a large tendency to assume releases are rare/metallics/etc. but.. Usually not. x3 I suppose it will all come down to which are most desired. Maybe we'll like the "red ones" more than the others and completely pick the cave clean of them!

Did you see the part of my post where I said no one deserves to get dragons. Dragon Cave is this amazing gift, given to us for free. The very least we can do is be grateful.

"But as the philosopher Jagger once said: 'You can't always get what you want.'"

Dragon Cave is a business. It is designed to, and does, make money. Which doesn't mean that the game should be changed every time someone wants something, but it does make feedback, even the angry kind, valuable.

Basically. I have set scroll numbers for each breeds. When I fill them up, I fill the quota for that breed and I don't need to catch any more, unless I'm specifically aiming for something (summons were super hard with only just one legendaries each, so I'm taking in more, but as soon as the two summons are over, you bet I'm going to release them)

To me, the harder drops make it more challenging for me to fulfill my quota and thus makes the game more fun for me.

I have a set goal, too. Unfortunately I made it back when the cave had very few breeds so it's 20 of each kind. xd.png I probably should have thought ahead a little more. xd.png

So my brother said he would try to catch me an extra red since I'm egglocked, and he managed instead to catch 4 greens and 1 red. lol.

Also, was there a drop at :17 or did the :15 just last a really long time? blink.gif

The drops are coming in at odd times. I caught six eggs at :33, instead of :30. I think maybe that's why people are complaining about short drops??

Well, that was harder than usual for me, but one pair down-- will have to wait for eggs to hatch before I can try for more.

The drops are coming in at odd times. I caught six eggs at :33, instead of :30. I think maybe that's why people are complaining about short drops??

Really? I know I've had that happen on another release, but it's not happened to me for this one. o: That's really interesting! I wonder why it would be doing that.

Thanks TJ! Now if only I can get ONE of them... 107 people sitting around staring at the Alpine.... I think I need a miracle right now! lol

While I'm happy for more eggs, this means losing my chance to get them for another month or two because my computer is horrible and I have a built in mouse. :/

Also because people hoard them and I only want one.

I caught my last two on that :33 minutes drop smile.gif

Really? I know I've had that happen on another release, but it's not happened to me for this one. o: That's really interesting! I wonder why it would be doing that.

It was a long drop too, over a minute with many different eggs (new releases all) flying through. I got egglocked before it was over!

Anyway, maybe try hunting at odd times?

I managed to get three reds, two greens and one blue. I'll be looking to trade the third red for a blue later because I wanted pairs.

At least I got some this time. I usually miss the new releases.

I have a set goal, too. Unfortunately I made it back when the cave had very few breeds so it's 20 of each kind. xd.png I probably should have thought ahead a little more. xd.png

Oh gosh that is a lot xd.png for me I collect sprites, so it's not /as/ hard, although I have run out of freezing slots a couple times biggrin.gif

its off to bed for me i'll have to work on the green ones later....

The reds everywhere. Green opals I found in the forest and I found the blue in the alpines - others have reported findings in other biomes but I didn't hunt anywhere except those two places so I can't personally say.

Thank you! smile.gif That helped. I am locked now. Mainly flail clicking. Will hopefully trade for the 2 I still need.

^-^ i very willingly abandoned a silver shimmer and a gold that i was trading just because of this.

I just got so excited to have the lavenders... i only want one green smile.gif

caught 3 'can't make up its mind', 2 blue opals, and one green opal...i am off to bed because i am locked with a moonstone, dont want to drop it...

good luck to those still trying...

While I'm happy for more eggs, this means losing my chance to get them for another month or two because my computer is horrible and I have a built in mouse. :/

Also because people hoard them and I only want one.

If it's really impossible for you to get any, I suggest waiting to hunt one or two days from now when everyone is egglocked. That's what I used to do, anyway. :3 The way to get around people who lock themselves with new eggs ( and they have every right to if they want ) is simply wait until they're done. The rush of trying to beat them can harden your heart fairly quickly.

It was a long drop too, over a minute with many different eggs (new releases all) flying through. I got egglocked before it was over!

Anyway, maybe try hunting at odd times?

Wow. o.o I imagine it would be a lot easier since no one excepts a ninja drop! I can speak for myself to say that I multitask between 5 minute drops, anyway. x3 I'll definitely watch between drops now, too.

Edited by Momo

Well I see the reds are dropping alittle more than the opals right now, interesting.. My poor mom got locked with 7 red eggs so now its going to be another five hours before she sees an opal on her page. xd.png