TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

*pwew* Locked. (:

Tho, I'm gonna have to trade one of my greens for a purple later.

eager to see these babies! happy.gif

Thank you! smile.gif That helped. I am locked now. Mainly flail clicking. Will hopefully trade for the 2 I still need.

Your welcome smile.gif Congrats and good luck smile.gif

There was a small drop just then and I happily got another red egg witch i'm going to trade for the pearl colour i'm missing

Oh gosh that is a lot xd.png for me I collect sprites, so it's not /as/ hard, although I have run out of freezing slots a couple times biggrin.gif

When of the things I'm most thankful about was the fact that I ignored everything else - breeding, rare catching, ND making - when the Blusangs came out and just focused on filling my quota. I did it because they were gorgeous, of course, not because I actually had a clue about their future, but I'm so glad I'm not still working on those...mostly because I'll be working forever on Coppers. dry.giflaugh.gif

And now that we have more two-headed I have to find out how far I am behind on Split collecting. *sigh*

Dragon Cave is a business. It is designed to, and does, make money. Which doesn't mean that the game should be changed every time someone wants something, but it does make feedback, even the angry kind, valuable.

I doubt that Dragon Cave makes much more than enough money to keep the servers running. I'm pretty sure that TJ09 has other jobs. Ad Revenue doesn't usually make a profit, and donations certainly aren't enough to live on.

But the amazing artists and other dragon creators do not get paid. They breathe life into the site out of the goodness of their hearts. This site is a gift, and should not be taken for granted.

I wouldn't mind a 2 egg limit for the first day of drops on a new breed, since I never take more than a pair first off anyway. But it would change a lot, particularly trading would have a negative impact.

While I'm happy for more eggs, this means losing my chance to get them for another month or two because my computer is horrible and I have a built in mouse. :/

Also because people hoard them and I only want one.

I feel kind of like that too... and my mouse is also built in, it sucks! I just want one, just one of any of them, sooooo frustrating!!!

Oh heyyy didn't notice this until now.

Birthday dragons for me C8

Figures that I'd have extras of the egg I like least... Might just gift them away in 5hours if I can't trade them.

If it's really impossible for you to get any, I suggest waiting to hunt one or two days from now when everyone is egglocked. That's what I used to do, anyway. :3 The way to get around people who lock themselves with new eggs ( and they have every right to if they want ) is simply wait until they're done. The rush of trying to beat them can harden your heart fairly quickly.

It was a long drop too, over a minute with many different eggs (new releases all) flying through. I got egglocked before it was over!

Anyway, maybe try hunting at odd times?

Wow. o.o I imagine it would be a lot easier since no one excepts a ninja drop! I can speak for myself to say that I multitask between 5 minute drops, anyway. x3 I'll definitely watch between drops now, too.

I realize, though I don't see why people act as if they'll never see another when it was just released.

Jipppiieh, more Two-Headeds! Thank you, TJ an Spriters. biggrin.gif

Got two reds with the first try, now running for the others...

What biomes are these eggs in?

Thanks, TJ.

Dragon Cave is a business.  It is designed to, and does, make money.  Which doesn't mean that the game should be changed every time someone wants something, but it does make feedback, even the angry kind, valuable.

Businesses exist to make money by filling peoples wants and needs. Make that too difficult or unattractive and they will seek to take their business elsewhere. There needs to be a balance to succeed

Edited by Tawanda001

I feel kind of like that too... and my mouse is also built in, it sucks! I just want one, just one of any of them, sooooo frustrating!!!

I hear ya. I've been trying to find a gold or a silver egg for a long time. Not fast enough sad.gif

What biomes are these eggs in?

Thanks, TJ.

Reds in all biomes.

Purple/blue opal in the alpines and green in the forest. Others have reported finding them in different biomes but I only hunted those two so that's all I can personally report. smile.gif

I realize, though I don't see why people act as if they'll never see another when it was just released.

Because sometimes that is what happens. Haven't seen any copper since their release day. I'd rather be crazy now than sorry later. wink.gif

I am loving this, i cannot wait for the sprites

I'm so relieved though.. The opal eggs are beautiful( i hope the same for the adults!)

I doubt that Dragon Cave makes much more than enough money to keep the servers running. I'm pretty sure that TJ09 has other jobs. Ad Revenue doesn't usually make a profit, and donations certainly aren't enough to live on.

But the amazing artists and other dragon creators do not get paid. They breathe life into the site out of the goodness of their hearts. This site is a gift, and should not be taken for granted.

I wouldn't mind a 2 egg limit for the first day of drops on a new breed, since I never take more than a pair first off anyway. But it would change a lot, particularly trading would have a negative impact.

I believe that TJ said his goal was to be able to make a living from DC so that he could devote full time to it. He's also always maintained that donations are nice and appreciated, but not necessary to the running of the site. In addition, the site now sells subscriptions to remove the ads that I know some people have switched to who were probably using adblock before, for various reasons, and are glad to have another way of being ad free.

My point is simply this - if no one ever says anything that they perceive as an issue because we feel it's ungrateful, then how will TJ now what's bothering people and potentially making them stop playing?

Because sometimes that is what happens. Haven't seen any copper since their release day. I'd rather be crazy now than sorry later. wink.gif

This is exactly the reason I took a long hiatus from the site.

I suppose I'm going to be sorry then no matter how I try, because people need like 10 of each dragon as soon as possible.

Whew. A pair of each. Done for now, good luck everyone! *thud* zzzzz