TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Businesses exist to make money by filling peoples wants and needs. Make that too difficult or unattractive and they will seek to take their business elsewhere. There needs to be a balance to succeed

If games are too easy no one plays them.

Whoot! My friend got 7 opals both colors so I have someone to swap my reds with biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I don't know, I wouldn't think an egg limit would be as beneficial as a longer, reliable, initial drop would.

-shrugs-

What becomes so frustrating is that there is just a small window of opportunity to "easily" (term to be used loosely) grab these eggs, rather than waiting the next day, or week, and having 5 - 55 people fighting for that one egg that shows up in between commons, etc.

Hindsight and a locked scroll full of new releases yields 20/20 vision, I think.

I also think it's very, VERY easy to judge others' frustration when you can see them clearly from atop a pile of eggs that locks your scroll. LOL Look, I'm happy people can lock their scrolls. I am not trying to suggest to rob Peter to pay Paul over here, horde, collect, whatever you want to call it - it's all fine by me. I am just saying that perhaps other people would also like to join in on the fun and maybe after an hour or three - get the eggs they want too? Yeah?

I don't see too many "I don't have any eggs, but that's ok, that's what makes it FUN! \o/" posts....but I see a lot of those posts already from people who have their fill of eggs. lol

I just think longer drops would even out the playing field - and actually make it a fair play.

Chuck a rock at me or something for being a filthy, dirty, ungrateful player that patronizes this game. rolleyes.gif

Completely forgot that there'd be a new release today. biggrin.gif

Only caught one egg so far but already excited!

So where do the opal eggs drop? I've gotten my fill on the ones that can't decide their color.

I saw some of the opal eggs in the forest...or was it the jungle?? One of those, and my sister said she saw some in the Alpine...or thought she did. Haha... So, rest assure, they are out there somewhere!

Can't believe it! Been on this game for some time now and this is the first drop that I have actually GOTTEN SOMETHING. Gasp! biggrin.gif

I don't know, I wouldn't think an egg limit would be as beneficial as a longer, reliable, initial drop would.

-shrugs-

What becomes so frustrating is that there is just a small window of opportunity to "easily" (term to be used loosely) grab these eggs, rather than waiting the next day, or week, and having 5 - 55 people fighting for that one egg that shows up in between commons, etc.

Hindsight and a locked scroll full of new releases yields 20/20 vision, I think.

I also think it's very, VERY easy to judge others' frustration when you can see them clearly from atop a pile of eggs that locks your scroll. LOL Look, I'm happy people can lock their scrolls. I am not trying to suggest to rob Peter to pay Paul over here, horde, collect, whatever you want to call it - it's all fine by me. I am just saying that perhaps other people would also like to join in on the fun and maybe after an hour or three - get the eggs they want too? Yeah?

I don't see too many "I don't have any eggs, but that's ok, that's what makes it FUN! \o/" posts....but I see a lot of those posts already from people who have their fill of eggs. lol

I just think longer drops would even out the playing field - and actually make it a fair play.

Chuck a rock at me or something for being a filthy, dirty, ungrateful player that patronizes this game. rolleyes.gif

I don't hate the game or anything, I just don't get why people go so crazy when they haven't even been out for 3 hours.

There are many reasons why people get unhappy about facets of the game.

I have been on DC for five years and I have a total of 3 CB silver dragons, no golds (though I don't care much for those.) I look in the trading threads and people are gathering up 2-6 CB metallics (that they don't want) to try and bribe people with prize dragons to give them second gen eggs. People who want them can't get them and certainly can't trade for what they want.

This is a large part of the reason TJ didn't want people to be able to trade eggs. He wanted everyone to have a chance and getting all of the kinds of eggs that are available.

I kind of wish I had a prize dragon just so I could give the eggs away to people who didn't have many rare dragons.

For the record, I don't have any of the coppers or the bluesangs.

Edited by ciarhwyfar

WOO! i'm locked with one green opal, two purple opals, 2 red confused eggs, and a single low gen Tinsel biggrin.gif

Now i'm going to be shaking with excitement to watch these eggs grow up

I don't hate the game or anything, I just don't get why people go so crazy when they haven't even been out for 3 hours.

I wasn't exactly making reference to any one player more than general schools of thought here, (too busy trying to hunt lol) but to exemplify - for a good deal of people, they do not have a large window of opportunity to hunt - due to sleep, family, work, etc - and when that window closes, the egg may or may not be extremely hard, if not impossible, to come by.

It's nice and easy to say "yeah come back tomorrow" but if most people felt that way, eggs would be sitting in the biomes waiting to be picked up for all that sudden apathetic, and care free hunting.

This is exactly the reason I took a long hiatus from the site.

I suppose I'm going to be sorry then no matter how I try, because people need like 10 of each dragon as soon as possible.

I'm sure people need them as soon as possible for the exact same reason you're here trying to get them on the first day. o.o the sooner the better, they want to just be over with hectic grabbing, or maybe they're just really excited to see these babies.

As for me, I need to be done with them quickly - I have IOUs, gifts and some peoples' personal lineage projects that I said I'd just gift the needed eggs for. I'm quite busy and the release cannot last too long for me, clearly. x3

Wow, 2 more 2-headed dragons? O_O I am going to go crazy collecting them! <3

Seems like they drop in the Alpine and Jungle. *prepares for hourly drop*

Time to test my new connection! xd.png

Hmm... another release yet again. Beautiful work, spriters, and thank you, TJ.

The indecisive egg is extremely familiar, but I never recall the names of dragons from the completed lists.

I'm sure people need them as soon as possible for the exact same reason you're here trying to get them on the first day. o.o the sooner the better, they want to just be over with hectic grabbing, or maybe they're just really excited to see these babies.

As for me, I need to be done with them quickly - I have IOUs, gifts and some peoples' personal lineage projects that I said I'd just gift the needed eggs for. I'm quite busy and the release cannot last too long for me, clearly. x3

Actually I'm on because I'm waiting to get a turn to play an xbox game after my boyfriend gets done with it. And when I first got on, another egg site I check out was down for a little bit.

I only want one of each, tops, or at least one to begin with. I know other people might like some so I step aside once I get one.

If this helps:

I found both of my lavender/blue/whiteish (whatever they are) In the alpine(i think i caught one in coast, maybe i'm nuts)

I caught my two reds in coast

I caught my green opal in forest!

I'm starting to think maybe the greens have something to do with their surroundings.. being as they are green, and the purpley bluey white ones being to do with their biomes.. Because that color somewhat resembles mountain water biggrin.gif

oooh i can't wait!

Managed to get my two indecisive ones, but the opalescent ones are being rather elusive :/ hopefully I'll get two of each color before I go to sleep.

I caught two blue opals in the coast. Two green opals in the forest. Two reds/undecided in the jungle.

Good luck, everyone.

Yeah, none for me in that drop either, and it was a longer one too. Oh well...

Tbh the reason why I dislike new releases are not because it's hard to get them-I am very fortunate in that I live in a completely different time zone, and my computer speed is also decent-but because of all the whining about not being able to grab one because you vouldn't get one. Boo hoo. It took me three days to get a blusang because I thought the olives and brimstones would be rarer, turned out I was wrong. I had to trade multiples of the other eggs just to trade for one. Ah well. Shryg and move on. Plus, there is no hoarding in the game. You can catch a million cb coppers if you want to. Hell 2 million. Most amount of eggs a person can catch at one time is 7 anyways, providing they don't multi-scroll, so I don't see what the big outcry against the evil hated hoarders are about.

ETA: also suggesting egg limits is a bad idea, look at how many ppl are upseta the holiday limits and also because hey what if there is a caveblocker release bet everyone would be complaining about not being able to take more and how it's unfair cuz they want to hunt other eggs lol

Edited by ylangylang