TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

At this point, I'm kind of just wondering if I should get egg locked with nothing but the indecisive eggs since they're easier to catch. I'm just afraid that the opalescent eggs won't get any easier in the future and they'll be Coppers all over again sad.gif

Scratch that, I just got my first green opalescent ^^

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

I think it's more about the frustration... after about the 10th short drop and coming up with NOTHING to show for it and listening to people bragging here about how they got them all and were STILL grabbing more rather then having a little courtesy for others... I was ready to put a fist through my screen at the smallest sign of lag... lol

I understand about the frustration which I think is compounded by the fact that I don't think that there's ever been much of a serious effort to take into consideration possible changes or additions to the game that could help even out the playing field a bit. Indeed, some things have actually seemed to increase the divide, IMO.

However, the hunting part of the game is supposed to be competitive. It's designed to be a race - to pit players against each other. There's parts of this game that are very community oriented and cooperative, but hunting isn't one of those areas. So while I do think that the game should be adjusted in some ways, I don't think it's necessarily discourteous to be competitive in a competition.

Well, it's good to know that you're not too invested in this release. o.o I imagine it would be a lot more stressful for people who are on DC with the sole intent to hunt. Hope you get to play the Xbox!

I feel bad for the people that can't get anything. I was lucky and finally got some. Also, I'm doing that now. I wish everyone luck, especially those that only want one and aren't getting the chance.

At this point, I'm kind of just wondering if I should get egg locked with nothing but the indecisive eggs since they're easier to catch. I'm just afraid that the opalescent eggs won't get any easier in the future and they'll be Coppers all over again sad.gif

i agree ....

sad.gif

I've had my comp clock up waiting on close to time and I've found they are dropping about 10 seconds earlier than the five minute mark. Hope that helps some out. smile.gif

I understand about the frustration which I think is compounded by the fact that I don't think that there's ever been much of a serious effort to take into consideration possible changes or additions to the game that could help even out the playing field a bit. Indeed, some things have actually seemed to increase the divide, IMO.

However, the hunting part of the game is supposed to be competitive. It's designed to be a race - to pit players against each other. There's parts of this game that are very community oriented and cooperative, but hunting isn't one of those areas. So while I do think that the game should be adjusted in some ways, I don't think it's necessarily discourteous to be competitive in a competition.

I'll add to this the feeling of winning, when you see that code page, when there were 50, 100, 200 people in there with you, it's an awesome feeling

Also, you got Blusangs? o.o I has just one. D: Someone really nice gifted me a bred one, but alas, no CBs.

I was /very/ lucky-I misclicked on a metallic and got a blusang, and someone was trading for a bunch of olives and brimstones, so I offered straightaway.

To all of the complainers... I hear the same refrain every time there is a new drop. Sorry, but nothing has changed in the way they drop the eggs...

I have an old laptop, I am old with a finger nerve condition which slows my fast clicking. I missed many, many times on the top of the hour AND the 5-minute drops, but I kept trying and guess what? I made it!!! Believe it or not, but at one 5-minute drop, I was able to catch two eggs and at a hour drop, I caught three!!! It is just luck and perserseverence ...

Keep on trying!!

GOOD LUCK to all... biggrin.gif

Edited by Husky51

Let me say that I don't begrudge others for getting eggs and hoarding isn't really possible since the most eggs you can get is seven. That isn't hoarding in my book. I just wish it was easier to catch them (for me) or that the drops were longer!

Ha! They don't even last that long I don't think, maybe not even 30 seconds!

Well, this last one definitely went into the 2-minutes zone. Besides, in past releases something that sometimes happened was that there was a small amount of eggs that got taken in a very short amount of time, then after a few odd seconds eggs started dropping again... and kept going all the way to merge with the 5-minute drop o_O

I was wondering if the same thing is happening.

Scratch that, I just got my first green opalescent ^^

Personally, I'm leaning to the "opals" more, simply because of their description and pretty colors~ Go with whatever your gut says, I guess!

But good that you got one!

I've had my comp clock up waiting on close to time and I've found they are dropping about 10 seconds earlier than the five minute mark. Hope that helps some out. smile.gif

Odd. I've found them dropping 10 seconds AFTER the 5minute mark. Maybe its just based on where you're located??

Despite momentarily forgetting about the release, I now have two of each egg. ^-^ Exactly what I wanted.

Now, off to bed for me!

~Please attack the topic and not each other.~

YAY, got a white opalescent one and two "This egg can’t seem to make up its mind on what color it is" <<< my fav so far! smile.gif All I want is the green, and I done! smile.gif

Despite momentarily forgetting about the release, I now have two of each egg. ^-^ Exactly what I wanted.

Now, off to bed for me!

Congrats! Have a good-night's sleep :3

Meanwhile, I too got one eggie, so for now I'm really happy biggrin.gif

Opalescent sounds pretty... I wanna get one of those (maybe they're shiny?) >_< Although the red egg makes me think that dragon will be colorful, but at the same time (form-wise) like the Royals.

Odd. I've found them dropping 10 seconds AFTER the 5minute mark. Maybe its just based on where you're located??

Maybe. I'm in the same timezone as DC.

I just am ****ing frustrated with people who come to every new thread on every new release and continue to whine. Happened with the 7 day release when it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to hoard because people are full with releases from previous days, happened with the June release, the July release, happened on every nww release that I have ever taken part in. And it's the same argument every time-"baww I couldn't get one it's not fair"-I mean I understand people being frustrated but really??? Like you have to put down other people??? I would be the first to be happy about longer drops or more accesibiloty, I just don't think blaming other people who want the eggs as much as you do is the way to do it.

I am on your side in this. I really am. I am just going to go on the good guess that "you" is the general pronoun of "some people" put down others, because I certainly do not blame my inability to catch eggs like I would want to for the time I put in - on other players. I suspect it is for my crappy home system and short drops. The player base is growing, and the drops are getting smaller. It's like an ill fitting shoe on a toddler - there needs to be a little wiggle room to make a good fit.

People are going to express frustration (for not getting eggs) as they do elation (when they get eggs each time when they're egg locked) - and when people in general express their displeasure in what other people do (whatever it is they do or don't do), that's when things get unnecessarily unpleasant.

But this goes both ways. People don't like to be told they're whining when they're frustrated as much as others probably wouldn't appreciate to be told - any number of things when they are successful. I suppose it's easy for some to look poorly to locked scrolls, as others would on people who just can't be content to get nothing, or very little.

It's like the old adage, don't blame the player, blame the game? I just think that with some minor tweaks, a great deal of people would go to bed, or work, or school, happy after these new releases. That's all. <3

Personally, I'm leaning to the "opals" more, simply because of their description and pretty colors~ Go with whatever your gut says, I guess!

But good that you got one!

Multicolored dragons have a history of at least one color always being uncommon (red dorsals, tan ridgewings, all coppers) so it seems to me it's a good idea to go for them first for that reason as well.

You're right, ~Z~, I apologize if I have offended anyone, it was not my intention...

I may sound old for this, but everyone (or most) should be happy they can have 7 new eggs at one time. Back in the start of DC (before 2011ish) you can only have 4 new eggs. Tbh, the same discussion (about hoarding) has been going on for years now, and will never really solve anything except a few hot heads.

As for the timing thing, sometimes, your personal clock is off for a few seconds, so my best strategy is to find the exact cave time (Eastern Standard time) and adjust your clock 5 secs before or after the drop.

Are there no 5 minute drops?  Or are they just super short?

They're quite short and you might want to start checking a little bit before the 5-minute mark - it might be that your time is a few seconds off from the DC clock. For example, my computer seems to be 8-10 seconds faster slower, so I have to start refreshing sooner.

Although some biomes clear out much faster than others.

Edited by RulenneClarissa

After 2 hours and 40 minutes of hunting, I am finally done and off to bed. My head is killing me. Good night and good luck everyone!

I finally managed to grab one of each after 2 hours - on my iPad!!

These guys are hard to catch but it's possible! smile.gif

I will stop now and try to catch at least another 1,5 hours of sleep before it's time to get up again!

Good luck to all of you and don't get too frustrated! wink.gif