TJ09

2013-05-23 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 2

We need more eggs dropping for all of these people, or nobody is going to have any.. I do NOT want to deal with commons tomorrow..

Darn, nothing for me on the first drop tongue.gif Hopefully I can stay awake until I get one

*sad face* Just not getting any right now.

Same here, I'm like refreshing the page and clicking like mad and still no luck. xd.png

Ahhh...I'm listening to Lugia's Song for this drop too....Very soothing and helps with the ragequit feels.

Whoohoo I got one! Now to grab just one more.

*hunkers down to wait for next drop*

Congrats! ("Hi," from bd71)

Nothing for me yet, though I've been clicking like mad.

I can't believe we have to turn on javascript now to be able to go to the biomes

turning it off was literally the only way I could catch eggs and now my computer is just way too slow to catch any

Same here sad.gif

I'm thinking of giving up of getting any new eggs, since by it takes so long to load with the javescript change that by the time the page load the eggs I'm seeing are long gone. Not having any chance to get even one egg is very disheartening.

I have an f5 question! On my laptop it just changes the screen brightness, so should I be pressing ALT+F5 or something like that? Jumping up to the refresh button is killing my chances.

17 minutes late to the party, and ready to catch~

Good luck, everyone! ^^

But but we've been very open about turning java off and I really think an announcement should have been made PRIOR to the release instead of just springing it on us! We told everyone who would listen about doing it so it's not like it was some great huge secret advantage thing.

Oh I know... I'm just saying that it's a coincidence that after last night now it's a requirement for DC to work. I saw people complaining that they were unable to turn off javascript on their browsers which "gave those who can an unfair advantage".

Whatever it takes though... java is on my browser, java is brewing in the kitchen, and I am ready to camp out at my computer tonight (I'm off of work tomorrow) biggrin.gif

WOW. This new java crap thing may have me dead in the water. I was able to grab black caps and gift them but with this new stinkdom about javascript I can't grab shirt.

HATIN' THIS.

ETA: suddenly it's a REQUIREMENT for DC to work????

Edited by oddsoxdi

If you're concerned about the Javascript change, there's a locked thread in help that doesn't answer any questions about why and doesn't provide any clarity.

No big mystery as to why... the site makes less money when people are opting out of loading ads. I don't begrudge that at all, and I do keep Javascript turned on 90% of the time, but during new releases is not really the right time for unnecessary extra lag!

well this sucks. if anyone is willing to help out someone this week with a slow computer (ie me) I would be more then willing to breed them from my shimmer scale, or my gold 6th gen stairstep. my laptop is running so slow lol

I cant even see the new dragon eggs lol

this is awesome though thanks everyone who made this possiable

A site that's had virus and malware issues forcing me to enable javascript simply to view it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me--especially since it comes with a lecture about how disabling javascript doesn't help browser security. mad.gif

It may be the advertisements that the malware is coming from. I have never once had any virus or malware warnings or even any computer problems from this site. Malware is often found in ads that use flash.

*grumbles about the javascript while beating on laptop*

^ That just ruined my night. I had to do a double take when the message came across my screen in the biomes. My computer slowed to a crawl and then crashed. And once it managed to reboot itself, naturally the rush is over and no eggs. Frustrating. Well... try again I guess...

I managed to grab my two! Having quite a bit more trouble with these and yesterdays than I usually have with releases, but these are such pretty eggs so I can't complain. Can't wait to see what they hatch into!

Congrats! ("Hi," from bd71)

Nothing for me yet, though I've been clicking like mad.

*showers with Fortune dust*

That should work o3o

I have an f5 question! On my laptop it just changes the screen brightness, so should I be pressing ALT+F5 or something like that? Jumping up to the refresh button is killing my chances.

its the FN+f5 unless youre running on MAC

Well that drop was a total disappointment. Almost 700 folk clicking in one biome, and the lag was so bad that I only got to click FOUR TIMES before all the eggs were gone at 12:03.

Hopefully I'll wake up early and catch a pair then. Which is the same thing I had to do last nite.

I got two clicks in. Two.

*grumbles about the javascript while beating on laptop*

^ That just ruined my night. I had to do a double take when the message came across my screen in the biomes. My computer slowed to a crawl and then crashed. And once it managed to reboot itself, naturally the rush is over and no eggs. Frustrating. Well... try again I guess...

The first drop lasted literally one minute... so you really didn't miss much.