TJ09

2013-05-23 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 2

If tomorrow (later today) is any indication of how things are going to go for the rest of the week, it will be easier to catch the new eggs around 6pm cave time. I saw the drop and got excited and started trying to catch... and immediatly caught 3 eggs that we DIDN'T need AND I hadn't realized that my son's friend had logged me out and logged himself in... so now he is the proud parent of 7 eggs and was grumbling about having to wait until they cool down to drop them in the AP --- to which I diffused the little tantrum by reminding him that it's MY computer. heheheheh

Yeah, that's what happened to me for yesterday's release, too. Struggled all day to TRADE for one, and then packed my scroll in an easier, later release. X]

~Feathers

well, its not like theyre going away

Depends on rarity. If they end up being like Blusangs, the first mass drop may be the only chance some people get to catch some themselves.

These 25 second drops will be the end of me laugh.gif

So let me get this straight. Either you PAY TJ extortion money so he can turn the ads off - OR you're stuck having to keep Javascript on????

Something stinks in Denmark.

No, I have donated and do not see ads, but I still get the javascript message. Everyone has to leave it on.

I also catch with java still on...but my entire method seems different from what most people use.

its the FN+f5 unless youre running on MAC

Thank you you lovely person!! biggrin.gif

*hoping the 30-minute drop will last just a tad bit longer*

Between the Java deal and the short drops I've just seriously lost interest in catching this egg. I just don't need the aggravation.

Ok second day I'm getting up early (not living in america)... to obsess over pixels. rolleyes.gif

Maybe...for the 7th Birthday release: make a the first drop right after midnight a full 1 hour drop?

Congratularions to all the lucky ones who already chaught eggs! smile.gif And a big "Don't you dare give up" to all who're still tying. wink.gif

greez Nyastara

OK, I got 2 during the 20 min drop. I'm hoping for 2 more then I'm done.

Got my 4 at the 30 min and I'm now scroll locked. Good luck to those still hunting! This one may be a dozy.

Depends on rarity. If they end up being like Blusangs, the first mass drop may be the only chance some people get to catch some themselves.

That's why I'm on DC right now... I want to catch while I still can. I still don't have CB blusangs.

You'd think they'd be more common. They are uncommons. The coast needs less of the same old dragons and more variety. I'm glad yesterday's was a coastal breed.

Guess I'm not going to get anything tonight. The drops are flashing by too fast, and my internet's been stupidly slow and cutting in and out all day, so now the cave pages are taking about 5 seconds just to reload. And now I seriously need to get to sleep. ;_;

Hopefully things'll be better in the morning - good luck to those still hunting tonight!

It may be the advertisements that the malware is coming from. I have never once had any virus or malware warnings or even any computer problems from this site. Malware is often found in ads that use flash.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I have javascript on and can still do catching. I had no idea people were turning off java for an advantage in egg hunting. It's good to have a fair playfield. Maybe I'll someday catch a gold? tongue.gif

If viruses bug you just turn on Javascript when you come to DC then turn it off again when you leave. Don't surf while you egg hunt.

I don't turn it off for an advantage hunting. I have javascript off by default at all times, and enable it selectively only for trustworthy sites. I do not consider DC a trustworthy site, because users have had issues with viruses and malware from the site's ads in the past.

No, I have donated and do not see ads, but I still get the javascript message. Everyone has to leave it on.

Or you can use adblock...

Back when there were no biomes, just three eggs on the main page, it was even worse, especially for Halloween and Easter. c;

~Feathers

Oh I remember.. and how on earth did DC function with every breed on the same page trying to give all the eggs a fair chance of being caught.. I think the worst holiday drop for me was when the black marrows were released, it took me 16 hours of non-stop clicking to get 4 eggs. With it taking 10-15 min. to reload the page.. So im happy about the way TJ drops the eggs now. biggrin.gif

*hoping the 30-minute drop will last just a tad bit longer*

I concur, the shortnss of the initial drop is well weird o.o

That's why I'm on DC right now... I want to catch while I still can. I still don't have CB blusangs.

You'd think they'd be more common. They are uncommons. The coast needs less of the same old dragons and more variety. I'm glad yesterday's was a coastal breed.

That exactly!

I have no Blusangs at all. I do wish I could catch one one day, even if not CB. I was away from DC when they were released. So I always try to get new dragons as soon as they are released.

Guess I'm not going to get anything tonight. The drops are flashing by too fast, and my internet's been stupidly slow and cutting in and out all day, so now the cave pages are taking about 5 seconds just to reload. And now I seriously need to get to sleep. ;_;

Hopefully things'll be better in the morning - good luck to those still hunting tonight!

The only browser on my Mac that lets me F5 is Firefox... which likes to crash every 10 minutes... so it's adding to my FrUstratioN (FUN in caps... see what I did there? heheheh).

Ok... so maybe not THAT funny --- just trying to lighten the mood. blink.gif

Be patient. There are always a lot of people grabbing a lot of eggs in the first hours of the release. However, many people have been gifting their catches as it gets closer to the end of the release day. Also, the further away from the initial release, the fewer the people hunting.

For the Black Cap release I have gifted four then two then three then two and then one. So shut the eff UPPP already about grabbing more than what YOU think is my fair share.