TJ09

2013-05-23 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 2

I think I'm just gona go to bed. Staying up till 4AM for the first release was crazy, but doing it twice would probably mess with my health....

Caught my one, I'm done for now. That was much harder than yesterday... Good luck everyone!

Well, there were over 700 users in there. tongue.gif Assuming everyone caught one or two, that's a lot of eggs.

Yesterday we had over 800 and I managed to catch one.

The drop didn't stop before xx:05

Lmao still trying and trying how do people have like 3 already xd.pngD im having trouble getting one Lmao.

Excited to see these adorable things biggrin.gif

Last night it worked great after turning off javascript. Today, however, we get an error. I think maybe TJ realized (after reading the suggestions) that it gave some people an unfair advantage and did something about it? ohmy.gifp

But but we've been very open about turning java off and I really think an announcement should have been made PRIOR to the release instead of just springing it on us! We told everyone who would listen about doing it so it's not like it was some great huge secret advantage thing.

Thanks for the second batch of eggs! I'm real excited to see what the hatchies look like for this one!! I'm temporarily going to abstain from hunting being as I'm fiddling with Gifs =)

I can't believe we have to turn on javascript now to be able to go to the biomes

turning it off was literally the only way I could catch eggs and now my computer is just way too slow to catch any

and of course, i lag as soon as it is released. thanks internet

The lag was because of the mass amount if people grabbing

XP that was indeed a short drop.. even with 800 in the coast yesterday there were more black caps... perhaps this is an uncommon-rare? I do hope not, that would probably mean normal eggs flooding in sooner...

No luck tonight, gotta hope for one in the morning. o_o

Luckily was in volcano when it was 170. Though wooo the lag. But got 4!

And again, should anyone want to use the badge, please upload to your own host!

The others are on page 62.

user posted image

And thank you muchly for the kind words wub.gif

this is what's wrong with you people, YOU GRAB LIKE 5-6, SHARE PEOPLE, SHARE!!!! there should be like a one-egg limit for the first day or two. GOOD GREIF!!!

*walks off screaming and raging, waving hands and having smoke come out his ears*

I can feel that this is going to be a long night for me. xd.png I'm not going to go to bed till I get two of these eggs. xd.png

I love how the viewers on the page keep jumping to 600+ when the 5 minute drops come along

Edit: plural/singular thing

Edited by DeathCry

The extra Javascript load off 700 people at once does not seem to be doing great things for the lag situation.

The lag this time is some of the worse I've seen...I think this lag beats out the Marrow release lag, and I didn't think anything would ever do that. lol

If you're concerned about the Javascript change, there's a locked thread in help that doesn't answer any questions about why and doesn't provide any clarity.

Yesterday, my WLAN was fast enough so I could catch some new dragons without a problem. Today 4:40 AM (new dragons are released at 6 AM in my time) my Internet worked without a single problem. Today, a few minutes before 6 AM my WLAN is gone (means I'm not able to catch dragons with my laptop) and even though on the other Computer the Internet works, it's so slow, it took M-i-n-u-t-e-s to load - I didn't even see the eggs -.-

WHY DOES MY INTERNET HATE ME SO MUCH?!

All of the biomes are empty. Does this usually happen?

Yes. All the eggs drop in one biome. The rest stay empty! After the eggs run out of the special biome that biome is empty, too. More come back every hour.

Finally got mine, only one. I only want one of each of these dragons for now. I wasn't expecting to get it so soon.

Whoohoo I got one! Now to grab just one more.

*hunkers down to wait for next drop*

A site that's had virus and malware issues forcing me to enable javascript simply to view it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me--especially since it comes with a lecture about how disabling javascript doesn't help browser security. mad.gif