PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

I grabbed a 2gen PB Blusang from the AP - so I'll not carp or whine about the change. Will just see what happens. Meanwhile, thanks for the blusang!

ETA: Aaannnd it looks like now it's alternating between the old way of several blockers on the page and one of each. How strange.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I like it. I got a few incuhatchable CB eggs that were a low priority for me. I wouldn't have bothered with them if they had been at 7 days but I'm chuffed to get them and hatch them right away.

Edit: And I just caught a CB White! cool.gif

Edited by Wiz

I feel like I'm doing this at both the ap and the cave.

We have a new release, prizes, incredible ap and amazing cave hunting!

user posted image

Dude, seriously. Chill the -censor evasion removed-  out.

It's already been said earlier in the thread that holidays won't be likely to be affected by this, as they're already exempt from most of the other AP sorting rules anyway... not to mention that you can completely eliminate "the time it takes to go back to the AP" if you bother to open the page in a new tab and then hit refresh on the AP to try for another egg.

Try getting a grasp on what you're talking about before making demands. You sound exactly like the sort of person who makes working customer service of any variety a nightmare. Yeesh.

EDIT: Realised I forgot to finish my post because I was irritated. I honestly like the idea and think that, provided that the eggs of each breed with similar time left do cycle, it will work quite well.  rolleyes.gif

You're new here aren't you?

this is actually kind of common where tj forgets to ask public opinons before doing something.

See frills as prime example. there weren't supposed to go discontiuned until the middle of summer, he canceled then in may and even the spriter was a little upset.

Edited by rubyshoes

this is actually kind of common where tj forgets to ask public opinons before doing something.

See frills as prime example. there weren't supposed to go discontiuned until the middle of summer, he canceled then in may and even the spriter was a little upset.

So what if they're new, and so what if it's common?

People screaming incoherently is a problem. If they had laid out their reasons without shouting and contributed to the discussion, that's one thing. But they did not contribute, only stated (rather rudely) their intense dislike and a mild threat. And a warning with no reasoning explained.

Thank you Kai, for attempting to fix this.

Edited by Spelunker

So the AP is continuing to be consistently random, and I really want to figure out why. What is the pattern to when it switches between low time and different breeds? Is there one? Has anyone noticed anything that I missed?

where tj forgets to ask public opinons before doing something.

Yeah, this is the sort of attitude that always baffled me about this game. Does it sound just as silly to say "Blizzard forgot to ask public opinion before putting out their new WoW patch!" And don't say that it's just limited to big companies that can "get away" with it or some such nonsense. It would sound equally silly to say "That fanfic writer forgot to ask public opinion before putting out her latest chapter!"

In my not-so-humble public opinion, creators should absolutely NOT ask for public opinions before doing anything with their creation. These things are not run by consensus, nor should be they be. Down that path lies madness.

Keolah, I think I REALLY like you. Wanna come sit in my corner with me and my cookies??

I'll watch the thing with the AP with interest, I also snagged a Bronze Tinsel from it.

I don't like how the AP keeps switching like this. It's...kind of unnerving, like it's bi-polar or something. I'd rather it stick to just 'one of every breed'.

I like how the AP changes, though it was a bit confusing in the beginning. Seems like all the incu-hatchable eggs were taken - the the lowest eggs are at 5 days now

Edited by Chococat0815

TJ does ask for public opinion, it's called the Suggestions/Requests section. If he put up a poll/opinion thread for every decision he made it would take a lot longer to get anything done...

People freaking about holidays when TJ has always made sure that they go to the front of the AP is a bit tiring, to be honest. I'm sure he's able to switch back and forth or change things around so that the eggs are seen.

Whoa. Is it just me, or did the AP just revert back?

Wait. It's back. It's been acting weird for a bit. Also I've seen SO many vampires, not even kidding.

I like how it keeps switching between one/breed and low time eggs. I can grab eggs closer to hatching and also hunt for ones that are more interesting. wink.gif

Maybe when enough eggs get to Xdays Xhours it'll switch over to low time eggs? Or it could be a glitch in the coding.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I love this new format! Almost catching two Silvers from the AP has made my day. ^^

Yeah, this is the sort of attitude that always baffled me about this game. Does it sound just as silly to say "Blizzard forgot to ask public opinion before putting out their new WoW patch!" And don't say that it's just limited to big companies that can "get away" with it or some such nonsense. It would sound equally silly to say "That fanfic writer forgot to ask public opinion before putting out her latest chapter!"

In my not-so-humble public opinion, creators should absolutely NOT ask for public opinions before doing anything with their creation. These things are not run by consensus, nor should be they be. Down that path lies madness.

without forum users, spriters, and players this would just be one guy.

This isn't blizzard, this isn't a company Dragoncave is not for profit.

Go see how many of the dragons are ACTUALLY just tj's sprite lines and work, he owes it to the spriters and everyone who helps with DA, rather it be moderaters, spriters or just people who help with programming and come up with dragon concept art. And guess what !

ANYONE can join those ranks

Actually, TJ does make money off the ads.

But it is his game, and I think this is an improvement for most people.

If he had to have user input dictate his every decision, this place would stagnate.

Actually, TJ does make money off the ads.

But it is his game, and I think this is an improvement for most people.

If he had to have user input dictate his every decision, this place would stagnate.

no it would improve.

and the adds are what keeps dragoncave free.

IF he would listen more often then maybe people like me who know what they do and do not like would not complain somuch.

If there had been a warning about this change, or atleast a option to turn it off in your account on the main site I would have no such issue with this Blasphemy adjustment

Actually, chances are, it wouldn't improve...because everyone has their own playstyle and their own opinion on how to play this game. No matter what, you'll always have someone pissed off when chances were made, even with a majority agreement.

Not to mention, it would be impossible to get a majority opinion on something anyway, as the majority of the users typically do not go to the forums.

Actually, chances are, it wouldn't improve...because everyone has their own playstyle and their own opinion on how to play this game. No matter what, you'll always have someone pissed off when chances were made, even with a majority agreement.

Not to mention, it would be impossible to get a majority opinion on something anyway, as the majority of the users typically do not go to the forums.

but changes like this that affect gameplay without consent should atleast have a vote attached to them.

I remember when more than one black appeared in the ap durring the drought there was with them, if you saw three and clicked three there was a slight chance you'd get it. now with only one target of any breed at any given time it's frankly a knife in the back from our admin.

but changes like this that affect gameplay without consent should atleast have a vote attached to them.

I remember when more than one black appeared in the ap durring the drought there was with them, if you saw three and clicked three there was a slight chance you'd get it. now with only one target of any breed at any given time it's frankly a knife in the back from our admin.

I would much rather have a wide choice of breeds to choose from than a wall of two or three breeds.

Knife in your back? Seriously? That's...rather dramatic....

I would much rather have a wide choice of breeds to choose from than a wall of two or three breeds.

Knife in your back? Seriously? That's...rather dramatic....

ever looked at the ap after people realize that there's a new release in the first 15 minutes?

tons of rares, hatchlings, anything really. I saw a neglected go threw on this last STD release.

now picture if you could only grasp at ONE of those at a time instead of a wall of tinsels and other rares.

I really like the new idea of 'one of each breed' only, but I'm not too sure about the switching between that and low time eggs (and apparently something else too? I've also seen it with 'just one per breed' but with totally random time ordering, rather than by least time to most time). Mostly because I can't work out when it's going to do it and it does throw me a bit each time it switches.

I feel it might be nice to have an official announcement of what it's supposed to do (if only to end all the speculation!) but I guess we'll have to wait 'til TJ's ready tongue.gif

The choices are clear...

Either we can have a wall of pebbles, waterhorses, etc, or we can have variety and more selection in reviewing the AP.

People spend all their time clamouring for change in the AP and then as soon as it happens others come out to protest it, and this happens every time TJ changes something.

From what people have said here, the AP changes it up at the moment, the selection changing as you refresh.

Sounds like the best of both worlds to me...

(Also, coding the AP to show people what each individual wants would be impossible and unfair. Everyone should see the same eggs to give everyone the same chance.)

Edited by kerrikins

ever looked at the ap after people realize that there's a new release in the first 15 minutes?

tons of rares, hatchlings, anything really. I saw a neglected go threw on this last STD release.

now picture if you could only grasp at ONE of those at a time instead of a wall of tinsels and other rares.

For 'valuable' things you would only be able to have a go at one of them at a time to begin with, really. Even with putting new pages in new tabs, your greatest chance at getting one of them would be for the first one you clicked on.

That said, I personally rarely grab from the AP anyway unless I am looking for things to freeze. When it comes to freeze fodder, I wouldn't care what I picked up, lineage wise.