PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Nice ! Though I SLIGHTLY miss collecting loads of dorsals and then checking them out... wink.gif But that's a TINY price to pay ! Way to go Teej.

I didn't even notice this until I saw the thread. It's really good! Awesome for hunting for different breeds. It helps that there are so many different colours together too.

Didn't realize there was a change...

Anyways, I like it, no more walls of one breed.

I did notice this when I was in there the other day, though I didn't know it was a specific change that made it this way. Now it's orderly like a grocery store - I love it! x3

I see this too! It's really really great! No more looking at an AP filled up with canopy, albino and stone dragons <3

Well, that's the people who mass breed their mints to the AP screwed... xd.png

I actually quite like the change. :3

:c

I actually don't like the system. I kind've liked the same-breed walls.

Oh hmm... no wonder it looked so colorful.

Not sure how much I like this - holidays are gonna be crazy.

I am SOOOOO happy about this change! Although, it makes me wonder, will the "unwanted" eggs have more of a chance of dying now? I mean, how will we ever know how many of them are lined up behind the one that is showing in the AP? And if nobody picks them up anymore, wont the lineup of eggs just get longer and longer and longer?

It seems like eggs are still sorted by time, and then by breed.

So, as soon as the eggs hit 3d 23h, they'll get picked up immediately by people who want an insta-hatchling to freeze.

I can't see any eggs dying because of this.

Maybe holidays would be exempted from this?

Given how they tend to be exempt from the traditional AP order already, I'd imagine they would be. Otherwise it would be insane.

All in all I like this change though, it seems to be helping the AP cycle around faster, which should hopefully help it clear faster.

I've been having fun hunting the AP the past few days (*hugs scroll full of CB caveblocker hatchies they found*), can't believe I didn't notice it last night or this morning! Heck, last night I quite a few golds (they all had different amounts of time left) and at least a silver this morning, along with some beautiful coloured stripes, yeah, needless to say even if I didn't catch any of those I'm loving this. xd.png;

Edited by DorkJulian

Today, I was all, "wow! the AP sure has a lot of nice stuff! I hardly know where to look!"

Well, this explains it!

I don't know what it might change, but so far, it's quite interesting. :-D

Wow. I like it, but when did this happen? Did TJ pull another thing with out telling us again? xd.png

Hah! I knew there was something strange about the AP! I really like it. Certainly makes it more fun. Now I don't have to wait through walls of a single breed. Hopefully it stays this way c:

I didn't notice the change either, and I was in the AP this morning. xd.png

I really like it! It'll make hunting the AP more interesting.

I like this change a lot. It will be nice to see some colours there! And is also great because it will make mass breeding of the same species more difficult. I like it. n_n

I was in there for a while now after reading the thread, and I quite enjoy it! There's always a vine or black lurking around so I can play some alt lottery, and I'm sure when I'm looking for some CB skywings I'll always see one in the pile. 10/10, would recommend.

Also, if the abundance of metallics I saw last night (and to a lesser extent) this morning means anything the 'goodies' wouldn't be hidden too long.

(Heck, I saw a blusang egg in there, too. First time I've seen any of those in the Cave, the main cave OR the AP, in a long, long time.)

I must admit, I was skeptable about this, but it does make hunting for a specific egg easier, and not have to wait out walls of commons. I like it.

I love it! Makes me sorry my scroll isn't already stuffed with things I want to keep. Guess I'll just have to wait for some eggs to hatch so I can go AP diving again.

I LOVE this!!!! So many sunsongs!!! And a CB winter which would have never shown itself usually. *wishes there was a platinum trophy so I could have more eggies and uses incubate on every egg*

EDIT: The AP is also very pretty now laugh.gif

Edited by ubbydubby

I agree, colourful AP is so much more attractive.

I wonder if more than one of each egg type will show once the AP empties out a bit.

I actually don't really like the new system... There may be more variety among the breeds but it limits the variety within the breeds. For example, you may see egg A (bad lineage) but you won't get to egg G (nice lineage) until a few eggs have passed, whereas you may have been able to see both with the old system. Some breeds are notorious for messy lineages, so I feel like we may end up with a scenario where breeds start blocking themselves.

Metaphor: You have several stacks of cards (each breed of eggs waiting in line), and some are very good cards (nice lineages), but are shuffled throughout the stack. The cards on top may be bent, torn, and gross (bad lineages), so you are less likely to pick up that stack and look through it. The old design was rather like taking several cards from each stack and choosing from a pile. It gave you more of a chance to get lucky.

Connected to that, I like clicking a few times to get myself a group of same breed CB commons. Now its click, refresh, click, refresh, click, refresh, etc if I want to do that. This system discourages walls of cave blockers but it also puts some collectors at a disadvantage. Just offering an opposing view to consider. smile.gif

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Change it back! Change it back NOW!

this better be temprary, or there goes catching metals, holidays, and anything else that you have little to no chance of catching when there's only one target.

dry.gifmad.gifsad.gif

prime example when people bred their hollies. only one target, less chance of getting it, and in the time it takes to go back to the ap there goes the siblings

Edited by Sorrowgrave

Love it! I actually look and go there are so many nice ones to try I don't know where to click first!

My hope is that not everyone sees the same egg of each type so things will cycle.

For those worried, I have to be holidays will break the rules