PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Hmmm this better switch back for the holidays. Otherwise, it's... okay. I mean, you get some great catches but the color just makes it hard to get nice stuff.

Love it! I actually look and go there are so many nice ones to try I don't know where to click first!

My hope is that not everyone sees the same egg of each type so things will cycle.

For those worried, I have to be holidays will break the rules

this also means no more meme! walls of solid colors...

I both like and dislike this.

Like: Yay a bunch of different eggs at once!

Dislike: Now I have to pick, refresh, pick, refresh for eggs of the same breed.

I'm surprised I didn't notice this happened earlier.

Change it back! Change it back NOW!

this better be temprary, or there goes catching metals, holidays, and anything else that you have little to no chance of catching when there's only one target.

dry.gif  mad.gif  sad.gif

prime example when people bred their hollies. only one target, less chance of getting it, and in the time it takes to go back to the ap there goes the siblings

Dude, seriously. Chill the -censor evasion removed- out.

It's already been said earlier in the thread that holidays won't be likely to be affected by this, as they're already exempt from most of the other AP sorting rules anyway... not to mention that you can completely eliminate "the time it takes to go back to the AP" if you bother to open the page in a new tab and then hit refresh on the AP to try for another egg.

Try getting a grasp on what you're talking about before making demands. You sound exactly like the sort of person who makes working customer service of any variety a nightmare. Yeesh.

EDIT: Realised I forgot to finish my post because I was irritated. I honestly like the idea and think that, provided that the eggs of each breed with similar time left do cycle, it will work quite well. rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Hmmm this better switch back for the holidays.

Holidays have special treatment with their eggs being featured at the front rows of the AP, even in a massive block. I don't see that this new sorting system should be a problem if that remains in play. Who knows? Could make holiday hunting more interesting also.

Ultimately I vote we wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions about what might not possibly be. smile.gif

Ohmygoodness this is a nice change. I might actually spend an appreciable amount of time hunting in the AP now! Wonderful. smile.gif

Surprised I didn't notice the change without looking at this thread. It's interesting, makes AP hunting a bit more fun and unpredictable. I like it, but wouldn't mind if minimal breed repeats were allowed.

With my slow reflexes and highly variable internet, the AP has always been a major source for me, including many of my CB dragons. It seems to move MUCH faster now, and very few of my clicks are landing. And those that do land seem to be only on the messy ones which don't interest me.

I saw probably 60 or 70 Silvers go by this morning. blink.gif Tried to catch any I saw. All fail.

Good:

Can get Breeds I want

Pretty

No wall of blockers

Bad:

There's only ever 1 of every type, so it's a bit of a battle of internet connections.

It takes longer to get a few eggs of the same type

Suggestion for Adjustment:

Have up to 3 Eggs for species with long queues.

- Still pretty AP, but it'll give people just looking for commons a faster way to get things done. Hopefully it'll even out the rare/common queue lengths too.

I actually don't really like the new system... There may be more variety among the breeds but it limits the variety within the breeds. For example, you may see egg A (bad lineage) but you won't get to egg G (nice lineage) until a few eggs have passed, whereas you may have been able to see both with the old system. Some breeds are notorious for messy lineages, so I feel like we may end up with a scenario where breeds start blocking themselves.

I kind of agree with this. A lot of times when I hit the AP I am looking for a particular breed -- often gray dragons. I used to have at least 4 or 5 to pick from at any given time. Now, no more than one.

I am wondering how this system handles toss-backs. If I pick up an egg, decide I don't want it, and toss it back, what happens if another egg of that breed has popped up to take its place? I will have to play around to see if I can find out the answer to that. But I am egg locked until morning, so it will have to wait. Has anyone else noticed what happens?

Hmmm, I liked this at first, but now I'm kinda having mixed feelings.

I agree with the complaints stated in a couple of the above responses.

I kind of agree with this. A lot of times when I hit the AP I am looking for a particular breed -- often gray dragons. I used to have at least 4 or 5 to pick from at any given time. Now, no more than one.

I am wondering how this system handles toss-backs. If I pick up an egg, decide I don't want it, and toss it back, what happens if another egg of that breed has popped up to take its place? I will have to play around to see if I can find out the answer to that. But I am egg locked until morning, so it will have to wait. Has anyone else noticed what happens?

I had some egg room today and a couple times the same breed seemed to be getting dropped that had similar timers. IE 5 winter eggs that were 5d3, 5d6, 5d9 etc. I think each breed shows up as whatever it's lowest time is. But, as soon as I clicked and refreshed, a new egg for that breed was there. It was fairly quick to get multiples of that breed. But once I tossed them back, they did seem to move to the front of the line again.

But once I tossed them back, they did seem to move to the front of the line again.

I noticed this too, and I can see it becoming a problem eventually.

Just wait for holidays, say... Christmas. Imagine one Holly egg per refresh, sounds like a total disaster.

Personally I don't really like this change, but I'm getting used to it.

I do hope it's turned off for holidays, which would make sense.

Edited by TheGrox

This seems nice in theory but is a bit annoying in practice. The eggs should cycle; I should not be seeing the same Water egg on the AP for 3 hours. I know there are more there than just that one, but for whatever reason, they are not alternating, and this is bad. I can see this causing more clogging issues. People who stalk the AP for nice lineages are not going to stick around all day as they are forced to wait through so many eggs with unattractive lineages because the eggs don't rotate. I am not liking this. =( I wonder if there's anyway to code that in, to allow only one egg of each breed to show at a time, but to have those eggs alternate with lower-time eggs having a higher chance to show over higher-time eggs... THAT would be utter win.

Sometimes I refresh and it shows ers or eggs that are close to be ers, but once I refresh again they are gone. O_O

Edited by Ninetails

Weird, from time to time I see the whole page full of eggs at around 4 days with several eggs from the same breed showing at once.

Weird, from time to time I see the whole page full of eggs at around 4 days with several eggs from the same breed showing at once.

Seeing that too. Maybe it's another change, it alternates between varied breeds and low time eggs? Or something. It's kind of strange to see after about a day of the other format.

*edit* so far it seems like it IS alternating every time I refresh.

*edit again* not happening every time, but it is switching back and forth. Not sure what to think. It seems like an attempt at a compromise, but I think that people will like it less than either of the other formats.

*yet another edit* It stopped doing it now, kind of disappointed as I was starting to warm up to it after catching a low time CB hatchling.

*again* did it again, I don't think there's much of a regular pattern to it.

*It seems to happen around when the minute changes? No idea.

**-Nope, happened in the middle of XX:44

Edited by TVTD

Hmmm, interesting! Haven't been hunting in the AP the past day as I'm locked.

I don't like this that much, mostly because of the same reasons stated above and these questions:

Will red and purple dorsals show at the same time? Or will we have to wait for that purple dorsal to get snatched?

What is going to happen to the people with slow internet that cant ever grab that egg? if there were more of these eggs shown there would be less focus on that single one.

What if there is a very common breed that is left to sit there? The egg in front might get a home once it is pitied, but eggs in back of it would be stuck there slowly dieing and they will pile up and up untill they are doomed.

I'm seeing this too, so it's rotating a bit more than me think. I'm looking at hordes of incuhatchable eggs and going O.O I could hatchy lock myself very easily like this. It's amazing!

Want so much more room on scroll! /dies!