PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Someone else suggested that maybe the cave itself was backlogged, rather then just the AP, and that eggs from the cave got forced into ER status and thrown into the AP. This makes sense for a few reasons (all the ER eggs are CB, there's some definite major rares in the mix, AND all the hatched eggs are giving a 'this hatchling was forced to hatch early' message, suggesting tinkering is at work), yet at the same time... I've never really seen the cave be backlogged; it clears out fairly regularly, from what I've seen, so I'm not sure why there'd be a need to punt things into the AP.

I agree, actually, that the cave is backed up - since the released eggs appear to be just staying out there, indefinitely, the only biomes I see regularly emptied are Alpine and Desert.

I have noticed, though, that half the people in Alpine disappear at 5 minutes in - I wondered if those people even knew that the eggs were still around?

It takes a lot more patience now. I have seen a gold egg in Volcano at 3:48 pm, so I am sure that they just stay backed up in line, waiting their turn!

I thought the AP was hugely backed up because of the eggs dropped because of the new release. That seemed to be when it started.

and, for those who aren't aware, people do drop shimmers, CB gold, silver, into the AP just to be nice. really.

I didn't know that myself for a long time - have only figured it out fairly recently, from seeing various postings in the forum.

(edited for typos)

Edited by daba555

@daba: when you click on the egg, change the abandoned in the link to lineage and voila.

I tried that once, and it gave me gobbledygook!

Edit: I'll have to try the hovering thing - sometimes when I back-page, that egg is no longer visible, sometimes it is. another inconsistency I try not to think about smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Yes they do drop or breed accidentally when they are locked. But this many CB metals and trios in just a couple of hours? No way. There's no way that so many people would toss their hard earned eggs after they held them for six days.

ETA:

http://dragcave.net/abandoned/oNlBR/3KNYPbto

That's how regular link from the AP looks (code's from some random egg that I've clicked). Double click the word abandoned and instead write lineage.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Question, about making ND's..? Do you wait till 1 day or 0 days...if so this is like finding a pot of gold to ND makers.

Yes they do drop or breed accidentally when they are locked. But this many CB metals and trios in just a couple of hours? No way. There's no way that so many people would toss their hard earned eggs after they held them for six days.

This. Plus, user-abandoned eggs have an extra code thing at the end of their abandoned links; the ER CB ones don't. The ER CB ones are also giving a "this hatchling was forced out prematurely" message when hatched, which normal ER eggs do not...

Congrats to the people catching them. This seems like a nice surprise and it doesn't seem natural for the cave! It seems like an event that is like distributing a lot of hard to find eggs so more people have access to them. (but to be honest they are much harder to get because of the lag from hundreds of people on). But still people are getting them!

I do really wanna know what is going on xd.png

Question, about making ND's..? Do you wait till 1 day or 0 days...if so this is like finding a pot of gold to ND makers.

Till zero days. I wouldn't be so sure - hatcheries being packed will make it harder for the eggs to turn and hatch on time.

Congrats to the people catching them. This seems like a nice surprise and it doesn't seem natural for the cave! It seems like an event that is like distributing a lot of hard to find eggs so more people have access to them. (but to be honest they are much harder to get because of the lag from hundreds of people on). But still people are getting them!

I do really wanna know what is going on xd.png

I would almost say it was an April Fool's joke, but it's not April yet, so I dunno tongue.gif

saw 2 more golds and 4 more silvers, but got ninja'd on each one of them by a millisecond with the 'unfortunately' message. o.o

This is both encouraging and discouraging at the same time.

Till zero days. I wouldn't be so sure - hatcheries being packed will make it harder for the eggs to turn and hatch on time.

Very true. I wasn't aware of the mass of ERs this morning when I started an attempt. Although I gave lots more time the little one didn't make it. sad.gif I will not try anywhen soon again.

ETA:

http://dragcave.net/abandoned/oNlBR/3KNYPbto

That's how regular link from the AP looks (code's from some random egg that I've clicked). Double click the word abandoned and instead write lineage.

I still haven't seen any metals this morning - granting that if I'm reading this I'm not there laugh.gif

Well if it is over, it was nice while it lasted. Godzilla glitch lol.

aww Its sweet. There was a CB silver in the Dessert with like only 4 people and I still missed it. What a useless utter complete failure I am smile.gif

I'm really hoping for more 1 day eggs to come

Edited by gardentoaster

They're gone? D:

I really LOVED those low-time cave-borns!

... just when I was getting my hopes up for a metal....

aww Its sweet. There was a CB silver in the Dessert with like only 4 people and I still missed it. What a useless utter complete failure I am smile.gif

I'm really hoping for more 1 day eggs to come

I was there sad.gif

I still haven't seen any metals this morning - granting that if I'm reading this I'm not there

But the rest of us have. It was insane. I've literally seen a gold, followed by silver in the next refresh.

Seems to have stopped now, but at least I'll have a handful of frozen hatchies with the "forced" message on them. tongue.gif

I really wish there wasn´t a hatchie limit.. at least temporarily. xd.png I could take more of those nice incuhatchable eggs from the AP. smile.gif

I was there sad.gif

Oh man! Where you there too!!

When I missed it i kinda did this

Well that was nice while it lasted out of hundreds of eggs clicked I got..one. Not a total loss...right..right?!?

Holy cow, that was spectacular! blink.gif

I watched a bajillion eggs whiz by and almost every time, when I saw one I really wanted, I thought, "Huh, what is that doing in the AP" and then tried to click it. xd.png It was weird because my brain knew that they were all CB eggs dropping, so it kept waiting for the descriptions instead of adjusting to image hunting.

I'm going to hope this was intentional and go ahead and gift one and hope they just don't all *poof* or something.

This should be done more! smile.gif

I scroll locked myself for the first time, I kind of want to freeze them but also want them to grow up to see if it's some kind of prank or what. xP

Maybe this is a quicker way to do some ratio adjustment. Because everything was getting snapped up, not just the rares. Maybe doing that every few weeks means less cave blockers.

You never know, maybe the pile in the main cave got so big behind the blockers that these finally just rolled to the AP. xd.png

^Yep. It really makes me worried when things like this happen.

And the users will be the ones to pay the price for it. wink.gif

/sarcasm