Ayelldee

Prize eggs have been awarded

Hmmm why do some people only give away 3'rd Gens of their Prizes? What's wrong with trading their second gens? It's not like they'll ever be low on them.

Lol @ the mis-spell in their descriptions .... Teejay, come fix it!!

Shh, dont tell him! The typo is so funny!

Nice to know I'm not just being picky.

Really beautiful dragons, though. Nice coloring

It's just not what *we* are used to in the West, but I can confirm that the heavy eyebrow, bulging eyes, flat nose, deer ears and antlers are spot-on 100% Chinese/Japanese dragon. I can't tell from the sprite, but Chinese dragons have four toes and Japanese dragons have three. (This has some historical base to avoid offending the Emperor, but I currently forget which sleep.gif)

I have been studying/using Japanese traditional art in my own art for about 4 years now and Mysfytt has done an EXCELLENT job incorporating it. High five.

What enhanced breeding?

There's a period of better breeding for every dragon upon release. The question is, has it already started for those dragons who are incubated, or will it start tomorrow.

What enhanced breeding?

Prizes breeding like rabbits when they are awarded for a short period of time.

Silvers are an original dragon from the start of the game. No Easterns have been released since then, because TJ supposedly doesn't like them.

Guys. This is MONUMENTAL.

[27:01:11:15] <Ashywolf> TJ09 did you ever say you hated easterns at all?

[27:01:11:23] <~TJ09> Ashywolf, nope.

xd.png From last week in the chat. (Day:Hour:Minute:Second) Dunno how the "TJ doesn't like easterns" thing started.

Hopefully we'll get more eastern dragons this year? O: or maybe they're just rareish because, y'know, DC is kind of a more western site anyway. xd.png (Mass migration time~ Or just breeding time.)

It's just not what *we* are used to in the West, but I can confirm that the heavy eyebrow, bulging eyes, flat nose, deer ears and antlers are spot-on 100% Chinese/Japanese dragon. I can't tell from the sprite, but Chinese dragons have four toes and Japanese dragons have three. (This has some historical base to avoid offending the Emperor, but I currently forget which sleep.gif)

I have been studying/using Japanese traditional art in my own art for about 4 years now and Mysfytt has done an EXCELLENT job incorporating it. High five.

Yeah, I realized that... just with how all of the other dragons look, it just seemed off to me rolleyes.gif lol

I kinda like it now

Hmmm why do some people only give away 3'rd Gens of their Prizes? What's wrong with trading their second gens? It's not like they'll ever be low on them.

Iunno, to get a lineage properly started? If they want staircase, spiral?

Silvers are an original dragon from the start of the game. No Easterns have been released since then, because TJ supposedly doesn't like them.

Guys. This is MONUMENTAL.

TJ dun like Easterns? WUT?!

That's not true, TJ was asked in IRC just a few days ago and confirmed he has nothing against Easterns.

Still really, really hoping these guys don't breed like Metals (or worse); a fail from the first confirmed breeding, goodness... :C

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I dunno. Last time serious Eastern discussion came up, around this time last year for Year of the Dragon, the common consensus was that TJ didn't like them and that's why original Silvers were the only ones we had at that point.

Good to know we were wrong, though. Hopefully we get to see more...please? xd.png

I'd be content with these if it wasn't going to take me six months to get a seventh gen.

Edited by Derranged

I am not all keen on the new sprites. The idea is great but I hate how they were done. Where is their spine? They look funny with how the back and spine looks.

22:11:15 Ashywolf TJ09 did you ever say you hated easterns at all?

22:11:23 TJ09 Ashywolf, nope.

22:12:09 TJ09 I haven't released one in a while, therefore I apparently "hate" them

I love the silvers, wow. I need to get on some silver lists D:

I just photoshopped 28 or so dragons with them, to see how they looked X'D I definitely have a few pairings I need to get babies from :3

I may be breeding SHADE tonight, and I may not. I'm still trying to figure out if TJ set the enhanced breeding period for the full course (I incubated my egg), or if the enhanced breeding is right now.

SHADE (Or rather, Roran Domiadraumr) will either be bred to a Royal Blue or Ice sometime today or tomorrow, depending on my decision.

I'm leaning towards not setup yet, people who have talked about breeding so far have mentioned refusals and a fail so far.

Though it could just be horrible luck. sad.gif

That's not true, TJ was asked in IRC just a few days ago and confirmed he has nothing against Easterns.

Still really, really hoping these guys don't breed like Metals (or worse); a fail from the first confirmed breeding, goodness... :C

The breeding that I saw that failed was to a common dragon. The shimmer-scales should breed like rares or uncommons at the very least. Let's not panic just yet smile.gif

The sprite looks sharp! Makes a nice pair with Ribbon dancer or Wrapping wing (has similar shininess). The silver type is by far my favorite.

Edited by xadith12

Jewel is Chinese Lung based and has 4 toes

jewel will only be bred to those two males I have chosen - no others

Edited by Mysfytt

I am not all keen on the new sprites. The idea is great but I hate how they were done. Where is their spine? They look funny with how the back and spine looks.

Their spine is in between the double ridge of fur on their back, I would imagine!

My only complaint is the face; I prefer Easterns with slimmer faces and longer necks, like Haku or Neondragon's Easterns X3

C0L0R produced a fail, but at least he bred.

I hope others are having better luck. xd.png

I wonder if any second gens will wind up in the AP... and how I will know what to click if it's a fail

I can just picture the winners checking the AP to see what's there, then breeding thier dragon with the current blocker just to make it harder to find...

Can't speak for the winners of course, but if it were me most of the second gens would be tied up for a looooong time being gifted out to people that had been especially nice to me or had done nice things for the community. Thirds would be trade fodder.