Obscure_Trash

Preferred Method for Egg Freezing

I'm torn between "Petrify" and "Remove", they both make sense to me, leaning towards "Petrify".

I don't think petrify or medusa's gaze have a con RP-wise in not addressing what happens to the hatchling, as the first post says, the hatchling just remains in the egg and turns to stone too. Perhaps the action description could say something like "The dragon notices that the hatchling has a deadly illness and petrifies the egg so it can't infect others" or something like that, then it won't be so bad for people who dislike killing.

The only problem I see with remove is the description the Albino egg, because how can you see the hatchling curled up inside the egg if the hatchling has been magically removed?

Forever Eggs or Infertile Eggs I like best. I prefer Forever Eggs since I wouldn't be forced to kill an egg and it would take the time to act like a hatching egg, keeping people from being able to freeze eggs instantly just to remove cave blockers to get at the rares. I prefer it over Infertile Eggs because then a person wouldn't have to already have a dragon of that breed to get the frozen egg they want.

I don't really like Remove since I would only freeze an egg with a messy lineage and wouldn't want to have to freeze the hatchling too, taking up more of my freezing abilities in two weeks time away from me.

I also prefer to be able to build up an army of pretty eggs on my scroll rather than having just one as a trophy.

Edited by LadyFoxfire

what about just calling it the Forever bsa and allowing it for eggs and hatchlings both?Let the hatchling in the egg go to the AP and make it user selectable as to the location they end up in.(Trophy or Scroll)

My personal choices would have been infertile eggs, or collect/gather, although I voted for the former. That decision was made purely on the fact that a similar mechanism has been implemented on *cough*a certain other site*cough*, and works quite well, in that it's an option which sometimes occurs when two dragons are bred but would otherwise have made no egg, so it doesn't impact on breeding rates.

Forever Eggs and Infertile Eggs doesn't give any chance to get eggs from special dragons or retired dragons like neglected, Gon, Bright Pink or Frill, which is why I've always favored Collect or Gather, as a BSA, with a chance of collecting eggshells even from dragons that you hatched a considerable time ago.

Because otherwise, how would those of us who have 2 GoN already have a chance to get frozen eggs from them?

Why not just be able to use the breed action without selecting a male to get an infertile egg?

Why not just be able to use the breed action without selecting a male to get an infertile egg?

Would that work for male-only holidays, though? I guess it could due to "holiday magic" or something...

Would that work for male-only holidays, though? I guess it could due to "holiday magic" or something...

Hadn't thought of that one.

I dont know why not just make a "reassemble" spell?

You can cast it on any hatchling you've hatched and it'll poof up a copy of the egg for you.

I mean if we can keep dragons from aging forever I don't see why we couldn't have the magical skill to fix broken eggshells.

I mean if we can keep dragons from aging forever I don't see why we couldn't have the magical skill to fix broken eggshells.

I'd like this, but I'd personally prefer to make a common species or a few more useful by giving them the ability.

I'm a fan of the Gather or Collecting idea - sending out a particular dragon to gather up some bits of shell and then have a puzzle to assemble. Coding nightmare, I know! But I do think that would be the most fun.

If it came right down to it, I would tolerate a dead hatchling on my scroll in order to get an eggshell, but I'm not comfortable with it. I'm okay with freezing an egg because I would consider the growing hatchling inside to be frozen like a regular frozen hatchling, not dead. I'm simply uncomfortable with wanton dragon killing, and though I certainly don't hesitate to experiment with zombies and neglecteds (I will figure that out, eventually), I know other people absolutely cannot justify it, and I'd hate to have an entire category of collections that was off-limits to them because it would violate their conscience. I really can't see a reason for implementing an action requiring dead dragons when there are so many alternative methods proposed.

I'm not exactly sure which freezing method would be best, however any results in allowing the eggs to stay frozen and looking gorgeous is fine by me, especially with these new eggs. smile.gif

Simple: freezing just like hatchlings.

I don't mind keeping them on my scroll for collective purposes, like showing all stages of each breed. but if they're to be kept somewhere else, then I'd like them to be kept lineaged AND listed as children of the parents.

If I could give my opinion I'm not happy about how this poll is going. It seems that the first option is the most voted, ad I'm quite sad for this.

I would like to see frozen eggs IN my scroll, among the other dragons to make a really family portait. It would also be a nice new scroll goal.

I wouldn't like it as badge like trophies, they wouldn't be different from the Easter eggs... and this wouldn't make any sense to me. Why do we need frozen eggs if we cannot see them as we have caught them normally?

Obviously is just my opinion, I wanted to explain why I didn't vote that suggest.

Personally I don't really see the problem with just freezing eggs the way we freeze hatchlings. It... basically comes down to the same (a frozen dragon), except one has hatched and the other hasn't.

Since Infertile eggs comes closest to that, from what I read in the OP, that's what I voted for.

If I could give my opinion I'm not happy about how this poll is going. It seems that the first option is the most voted, ad I'm quite sad for this.

I would like to see frozen eggs IN my scroll, among the other dragons to make a really family portait. It would also be a nice new scroll goal.

I wouldn't like it as badge like trophies, they wouldn't be different from the Easter eggs... and this wouldn't make any sense to me. Why do we need frozen eggs if we cannot see them as we have caught them normally?

Obviously is just my opinion, I wanted to explain why I didn't vote that suggest.

Don't despair - ~20% voting for the trophy variant means that (given the nature of the other ideas in the poll) ~80% of the users that partook in the poll so far voted to keep the eggs on their scroll. biggrin.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Bumping to say:

Egg puzzle was recently proposed and could probably be added to the first post. It has a lot in common with Gather / Collect / Humpty dumpty, but the idea of trading egg shell pieces came up, and I think it's also the only current suggestion that you collect eggs fractionally - i.e. you need more than one hatched dragon to build a flawless frozen egg.

Obtaining "frozen eggs" might also work with the currently proposed ideas for an in-game "store" where you collect "points" (mana, gold or whatever) that you can exchange for something in a store. Especially if there are several different places where you can buy something. For frozen eggs:

Shady Character: "Want a dragon egg? I've got this beautiful xxx egg here. Only 5 mana..." Unfortunately, these eggs are never the real thing. On the plus side, they don't take up any egg space on your scroll. (frozen eggs) The shady character has only one egg available per day, and the breed will change every day.

Obtaining "frozen eggs" might also work with the currently proposed ideas for an in-game "store" where you collect "points" (mana, gold or whatever) that you can exchange for something in a store. Especially if there are several different places where you can buy something. For frozen eggs:

Shady Character: "Want a dragon egg? I've got this beautiful xxx egg here. Only 5 mana..." Unfortunately, these eggs are never the real thing. On the plus side, they don't take up any egg space on your scroll. (frozen eggs) The shady character has only one egg available per day, and the breed will change every day.

I'm an extremely strong proponent of having frozen eggs actually on the scroll, not on a separate page. If they're on a separate page, I'd still collect them (and thus reluctantly support the suggestion, as it's certainly better than not being able to collect egg sprites at all), but they won't really scratch my scroll completionist itch.

But that said, buying a 'frozen' egg in the store sounds nice. biggrin.gif

Bumping to say:

Egg puzzle was recently proposed and could probably be added to the first post. It has a lot in common with Gather / Collect / Humpty dumpty, but the idea of trading egg shell pieces came up, and I think it's also the only current suggestion that you collect eggs fractionally - i.e. you need more than one hatched dragon to build a flawless frozen egg.

There's actually a handful of topics I need to update this topic with. I've been thinking about updating this topic for a while, actually. So thanks for bumping - now that I know there is still interest in a conglomerate topic discussion, I will update it by the end of today or tomorrow. :3

I still think its kind of ridiculous that people are holding this back because of "killing dragons". A freshly laid egg doesn't even have an embryo in it, so you aren't killing anything even if they WERE real. That, and they aren't real anyway so that doesn't matter, but still.

I will support *any* method that allows me to keep dragon egg. I mean look at the Xenowyrms! Those eggs are awesome. I want them. I particularly like the "piece the shell back together" idea, but really, any of them. Please.

I still think its kind of ridiculous that people are holding this back because of "killing dragons". A freshly laid egg doesn't even have an embryo in it, so you aren't killing anything even if they WERE real. That, and they aren't real anyway so that doesn't matter, but still.

This. Just add egg freezing already. Too much fuss for something thats not important really.

I'm an extremely strong proponent of having frozen eggs actually on the scroll, not on a separate page. If they're on a separate page, I'd still collect them (and thus reluctantly support the suggestion, as it's certainly better than not being able to collect egg sprites at all), but they won't really scratch my scroll completionist itch.

But that said, buying a 'frozen' egg in the store sounds nice. biggrin.gif

What I almost wish is that there was an option to have the egggs on your scroll with the dragons.... OR in a 'egg basket' like the the Easter eggs.

I am not sure that I want eggs on my actual scroll cluttering it ( I feel the eggs'd look untidy)... to the point where IF that was the only option it MIGHT well discourage me from collecting eggs. ( WHICH is a shame because there are some LOVELY eggs.... looks at Xenos) HOWEVER, I see that enough people DO want them on their scrolls, with the dragons, that it might be nice for it to be a setting of some kind. NOT sure how hard that would be to do. MAY I ask why it is that some people are so in love with that option? I am not trying to be rude, I am just curious as to what they are seeing that I am not.

In the end, maybe IF it came to that, having eggies on my scroll'd grow on me, I don't know.

I haven't YET frozen any hatchies.... aside from a few pepers for scroll dividers xd.png.... though some of the hatchies are REALLY cute and I'd love to keep them.

IF I got into that then maybe the eggs wouldn't seem so odd.

My preference, I think'd be the sterile egg thing (Birds lay unhatcheable eggs, so why not dragons?) Then store them as trophies.

Plus we have magic and can clean out the shell and such.

Edited by Silverswift