Obscure_Trash

Preferred Method for Egg Freezing

I would personally be alright with anything except the chicken idea. Plenty of people don't collect chickens or dinos because it's "Dragon Cave" and not "Anything-that-lays-eggs Cave", so putting a BSA on any of those species would be a slap in the face to that playstyle. If an egg-freezing option could just not be a BSA at all, that'd be great.

I would, however, like for there to be some way to receive frozen eggs of past holidays you're at your limit for and GoNs, without having to release one and try to get them again solely for the purpose of egg freezing. Owners of two GoNs and two Hollies wouldn't be too happy with that, methinks.

People keep saying you couldn't get male holiday infertile eggs, so I'm just going to point out - that's a large thread that gathered discussion. That did come up before...and it was worked out so that we could indeed get something from them - from all unbreedables, in fact.

Infertile Eggs Result from a Gender Specific Action:

1. All female common, uncommon, and rare dragons and draks would be able to lay an infertile clutch (1-4 just like with breeding) of eggs by selecting the option as a Gender Specific Action available to all female dragons.

2. Unbreedable Dragons:

- Vampire ~ "Vampire dragons are members of the undead. They sustain themselves by drinking the blood of others. It is said that they are only "alive" at night, and seem dead or asleep during the day, as they cannot endure sunlight for long periods of time. Vampire dragons can only reproduce by changing the eggs of other dragons, puncturing the shell with theirs fangs and injecting a venom that kills the baby inside."

It says they can only reproduce by changing the eggs. If they can only reproduce by changing the eggs of another dragon, who is to say that the female isn't perfectly capable of laying eggs of her own? Just that they aren't fertile. I mean all of their other systems seem to work: circulatory, respiratory, digestive, skeletal, muscle, etc... Why not reproductive? They still would only be able to breed by biting the egg of another dragon and changing the developing embryo, but this would be an easy solution to obtaining an infertile vampire egg. I am not implying that they would bite an infertile dragon egg and the resulting bite would get you a vampire.

- Chicken ~ They would lay an infertile egg that same as any other female. We don't even have roosters in cave so that isn't really that big of a stretch.

- Cheese ~ As an adorable animated piece of cheese (even with no gender) it would have an ability to mold an egg from a piece of cheese; however, without the enchantment that made it's own egg viable the egg it creates would remain infertile.

- Paper ~ Same as cheese except their egg would obviously be made from paper.

- Dino ~ I have no idea if these guys even have a gender as I don't have any. Perhaps they could just find an egg and bring it back but it would be infertile, hence why they found it in the first place. It never hatched and mommy Dino abandoned it.

- Holiday ~ Any female holiday could either:

> Lay an infertile egg anytime of the year or,

> Lay an infertile egg in the first week of the month that their holiday falls in

Male holidays (Sweetlings and Yulebucks) could breed with a female during the first week of the month their holiday falls in and that female could produce an infertile egg. (I am completely open to this idea being tweaked to make it more sound.)

- Neglecteds and Zombies ~ I suppose a female dragon could lay an infertile egg just like the Vampire. With the Neglected she is so weak from her state of Neglect that she is simply unable to produce viable eggs. And zombies are well, dead. So any egg produced again like the vampire would be infertile.

^To that post, there is no Zombie egg to begin with, so there would be no need to worry about that one for this.

Do the GoNs also fall under that Infertile egg laying as well? seeing how they are unbreedable?

Do the GoNs also fall under that Infertile egg laying as well? seeing how they are unbreedable?

Logically, yes.

My suggestion on the egg infertility thread was that male holiday breeds, infertile BSA dragons (GoN, vampires), neglecteds and the like could have infertile versions of their egg pop up around the rest of the site, a la the Easter egg hunt. When collected, though, they get moved to the (scroll, egg basket, etc.) of the user who finds them.

Well, since the infertilility issues have been mostly ironed out, infertility sounds fine. Althouh I think I'd be upset if I saw a silver egg success, then read that it's infertile. So I'd rather not have breeding and infertility be connected if possible.

With the amount of dragons some of us already have... I think I prefer the trophy. That way, we can see what eggs we've got already. HOWEVER. An eggshell collecting way of getting that trophy would be fun.

Personally, I don't think "eggs as trophies" should be a separate option since it doesn't say anything about HOW the trophies are obtained. Rather, I think should be focusing on obtaining the eggs first, and then focusing on where to put them.

Frankly, I don't see why it isn't just incorporated into the other suggestions. (ie. If you breed an infertile egg, you're given a choice of putting it on your scroll or on a trophy page).

Personally, I don't think "eggs as trophies" should be a separate option since it doesn't say anything about HOW the trophies are obtained. Rather, I think should be focusing on obtaining the eggs first, and then focusing on where to put them.

Frankly, I don't see why it isn't just incorporated into the other suggestions. (ie. If you breed an infertile egg, you're given a choice of putting it on your scroll or on a trophy page).

That's an interesting idea and a neat compromise.

Hmm, has anyone thought of maybe allowing people who clicked on an egg to get a shard of its shell or something similar? That might allow people to collect eggs from older holidays (though it could also lead to click-spamming, so... not entirely sure).

I had a thought about the Spitfire BSA suggestion. What if the glass-blowing occurred after the egg hatched? It's sort of a mixture of the humpty dumpty suggestion without forcing users to kill an egg. The way I see it happening is as follows:

• User obtains egg
  • Egg is allowed to gain views in order to hatch
  • Egg hatches
  • Hatchling has an added option to its action page that says something like "Keep or discard egg shell." The user will select one.
  • Spitfire BSA is used on shell

It may be a few extra steps, and I'm not too sure about the coding, but it is a thought however imperfect it may be at the moment.

While all these suggestions are lovely (I don't mind from hatchling dying or anything), some collectors might be rather disappointed when they can't obtain certain eggs, like the discontinued breeds Old Pink and Frills, if they have to be hatched.

On the other hand, Infertility sounds like a really good option to everyone with , but would that cover the discontinued breeds as well? If the user has them that is.

To me, it is all the same if they are going to be trophies or in scroll, as long as one can neatly organize them.

While all these suggestions are lovely (I don't mind from hatchling dying or anything), some collectors might be rather disappointed when they can't obtain certain eggs, like the discontinued breeds Old Pink and Frills, if they have to be hatched.

On the other hand, Infertility sounds like a really good option to everyone with , but would that cover the discontinued breeds as well? If the user has them that is.

To me, it is all the same if they are going to be trophies or in scroll, as long as one can neatly organize them.

You won't be able to get those anyway - just because they ARE discontinued. As far as I understand it, you have to HAVE the egg before any of these ideas works.

They are discontinued, but they they aren't sterile from what I can see. They just don't breed true anymore.

So if they laid an unfertilized egg I suppose it would be possible that they could lay a frill or old pink egg. There is no possibility of an unfertilized egg hatching, so I can't see any reason for them not to lay an egg of their own kind.

And I don't think an unfertilized egg should be the result of a breeding attempt, it should be a separate option. Chickens lay eggs even when there is no rooster around and no breeding involved.

I updated the first post yesterday based on feedback in here.

Extra Ideas/Information

Whatever the method is, allow users to choose to collect as a trophy or on the scroll (as poll results are really dependent on whether or not people want eggs on their scroll or not)

Once you've clicked an egg type x number of times and gathered a shard of the egg, you can then have that egg as a frozen egg

For eggs that hatch, users prefer if the hatchling ran away to the AP rather than died

For infertility, users prefer the gender specific action with allowances for male-only species

The Egg Sucker Pygmy Dragon is a popular option for this suggestion but wasn't included in the poll since it's not completed yet

Do I need to add anything else? Anything seem out of place? :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I would prefer the trophies or the gather/collect option.

If i had to choose one i pick the collect bsa, just because it would be nice to have eggs as scroll deviders to seperate my different lineages and cb's from each other.

I like the idea of the egg-sucker/black dragon ability, although I think Shadowshift sounds like a cooler name for the ability if you give it to the black dragon. Or you could give it to the Shadow Walker dragon, though that'd make the ability pretty unattainable for most people.

Idk if it's clear, but Shadowshift means you magically turn the hatchling into shadows that leak through the egg. It'd make sense that there'd be a possibility the hatchling wouldn't properly re-coalesce, but you could a third alternative to this, where the hatchling can't be unshifted at the end and grows up as a shadow dragon of some kind.

I like the trophies idea, since it prevents hoarding of eggs, and what else would you need a frozen egg for besides a trophy?

I know there's already plenty of ideas floating around, but I feel like an 'Infertility' BSA would be cool, too. Maybe male purples could have it or something. An encouragement for people to pick up/raise Mints is a welcome thing, though - they're both way too common and way too unwanted at the moment, so I guess Collect would be a pretty neat BSA for them to have.

Absolutely not on Shadow Walkers getting an ability to suck eggs.

how about all of the above? That way everyone can be happy on how they got their frozen egg. To me, it'd rather be like in real-life, I drill a hole in the egg, cook its contents, and have an shell to clean. Its real life, you all eat chicken eggs, so why care if you killed an dragon while saving the shell? Especially if its a common, you can just go get another one in the cave.

Just my opinion.

Absolutely not on Shadow Walkers getting an ability to suck eggs.

Thank GOODNESS TJ has always said no BSAs for holiday dragons. That is a VILE idea !

There was a pretty cool dragon request that had this BSA. The dragon would poke a hole in the egg to eat the inside. Of course there was a time limit and a chance that the egg would just crack and be replaced with the dead egg.

But the egg would be empty.

Edited by Kiite Morau

TJ wouldn't put the BSA on Shadow Walkers even if they weren't a holiday dragon, since I'm the conceptor and main artist and I say no. But yes, that would be a vile thing for Shadow Walkers.

Frankly, I'm opposed to any of the ideas that involve deliberately killing eggs. That egg sucking idea? Double yuck.

White-Sword-Master, the eggs you buy in the grocery store are unfertilized. They could never grow up to be little chickens. So, it doesn't bother me to eat them.

I do like the gather/collect idea, where one of our cute little dragons goes around and collects egg shells from dragons that you've hatched. I know that reassembling a broken egg shell isn't an easy thing to do (which is one of the only real objections to the idea) but the shell doesn't really shatter into a gazillion little pieces. There's this big hole the hatchling climbs out of. The rest of the shell is pretty much intact.

My main problem with the unfertilized egg idea (besides the fact that male purples already have a bsa) is how to solve the problem of getting eggs from past dragons, like holidays you are at the limit for, and bright pinks and frills. One of the proposals with the gather bsa was to give a chance for the mint to find eggshells from any breed you have on your scroll, not just eggs you could currently have growing.

I have always wanted this to happen. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the eggs didn't count towards your scroll numbers or if I had to wait 5 hours before I could 'freeze' a CB caught egg. I wouldn't even mind if the eggs were dimmed a little to show that they were simply shells and not actual eggs (don't know what else to call it, but that the egg wouldn't be its normal full color but maybe shadowed a little?). The eggs themselves are such beautiful works of art that I would love to collect them (especially the Vamps).

I'm for a BSA or however else we can do this.