Obscure_Trash

Preferred Method for Egg Freezing

I prefer the collect or gather BSA (either mint or pygmy) because it allows us to collect one of the holiday eggs (some of the best looking eggs) WITHOUT having to breed another egg and do something to it. I don't like the idea of having to waste a holiday egg breeding just to get the egg sprite. I'd also like to move them around on my scroll, so I guess it would be nice to be able to place them in a basket/chest (badge) to put them away.

I wouldn't mind an option to try to get a female to produce infertile eggs, or indeed a some of the BSA ideas seem quite interesting too.

I second this. Maybe a BSA on all female dragons to attempt to lay an infertile egg. It would be automatically frozen and would only have one parent.

Edit: Out of the poll options, I vote for Gather.

Edited by Typhik

I really like the choice of options so far. Some of them are extremely creative.

However, I cannot support Infertile... Breeding is difficult enough as it is without throwing infertile eggs into the mix.

We already have the possible results of "the two dragons don't show much interest in each other" meaning they just aren't in the mood to get busy, and "the two dragons breed but no egg is produced" which means it was already failed attempt to make an egg.

Do users really want to encounter another failed mating attempt? And this is not even counting "the two dragons refuse to go near each other" seeing as this is a slightly different mechanic and not really relevant in this context.

Still though, I am interested to see what the majority of users would like to happen. For me, there are to many good and plausible choices that i cant decided so i nulled my vote.

EDIT:

I really like the BSA idea that Shiny Hazard Sign linked to. The idea of turning the eggs into glass ornaments sounds very classy! However I am one of those people that would prefer the eggs to be accessible through a badge, much like the Easter egg hunts. I feel that keeping the eggs on the scroll can get very confusing and cause clutter.

Edited by ForsakenSorceress

Well, since the "Remove" option wasn't there the first time I gave my opinion, I have decided I like that one the best. yup!

(too bad I already voted in the poll)

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

EDIT:

I really like the BSA idea that Shiny Hazard Sign linked to. The idea of turning the eggs into glass ornaments sounds very classy! However I am one of those people that would prefer the eggs to be accessible through a badge, much like the Easter egg hunts. I feel that keeping the eggs on the scroll can get very confusing and cause clutter.

That BSA that I linked to has both of those options, either as an egg on the scroll type or as a collectible badge. I wanted to put a poll up for that, but I still need to get rid of the old one...

That BSA that I linked to has both of those options, either as an egg on the scroll type or as a collectible badge. I wanted to put a poll up for that, but I still need to get rid of the old one...

Oh? I already voted on your poll in the spitfire thread! I will keep an eye out for the new one smile.gif

But seriously, I really like your idea about glass. In my real life outside the internet I love to collect crystal ornaments so this concept shows a special appeal to me cool.gif

I hate the eggs as trophies idea. I want the eggs on my scroll with my other dragons. To me, that's the whole point.

There are a couple problems with the Female-only Infertility option: male-only breeds and dragons with breed limits (ie someone with two male Hollies or GoNs). I'd suggest some sort of work-around for those--maybe they could summon the egg?

---

Infertility from normal breeding and Infertility from female-only BSA should be separate options. Many of the objections to the former are solved with the latter and vice versa.

Here's something else that I decided to add to the Spitfire BSA:

I was also thinking of the option to allow users decide where on their scroll they want the egg to be placed. So this could useful for those who want the eggs on their scrolls, or if they want them contained in a badge. Of course it only affects their personal scroll and not how they view anyone else's.

Example:

""Your Spitfire [insert name] takes the egg in its paws to examine it. After some extensive thought, [insert name] covers the shell with nearby sand and uses its brilliant blue fire to transform the shell into a beautiful glass ornament. When it finishes, [insert name] looks at you expectantly, and you decide to place the egg [on a special shelf]/ [in the dragon's care].

The "on the special shelf" option would make the egg automatically move to the badge, and the "in the dragon's care" option will keep the egg on your scroll. I was thinking that eggs on the scroll could have the action "Move to shelf", and you could move eggs from your shelf/badge under the Change Sort Order option in account settings back to your scroll.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Why not have the Remove option for White instead of Black? Black magic is more like necromancy and all that while White tends to be healing.

Why not have the Remove option for White instead of Black? Black magic is more like necromancy and all that while White tends to be healing.

I believe the plan is for Whites to get a different BSA.

Here's something else that I decided to add to the Spitfire BSA:

Quote:

I was also thinking of the option to allow users decide where on their scroll they want the egg to be placed. So this could useful for those who want the eggs on their scrolls, or if they want them contained in a badge. Of course it only affects their personal scroll and not how they view anyone else's.

Example:

""Your Spitfire [insert name] takes the egg in its paws to examine it. After some extensive thought, [insert name] covers the shell with nearby sand and uses its brilliant blue fire to transform the shell into a beautiful glass ornament. When it finishes, [insert name] looks at you expectantly, and you decide to place the egg [on a special shelf]/ [in the dragon's care].

The "on the special shelf" option would make the egg automatically move to the badge, and the "in the dragon's care" option will keep the egg on your scroll. I was thinking that eggs on the scroll could have the action "Move to shelf", and you could move eggs from your shelf/badge under the Change Sort Order option in account settings back to your scroll.

Win.

I believe the plan is for Whites to get a different BSA.

Wait I think Heal was theirs. Oops. I forgot. >_<

Their description does not specify what they do. I tended to think of Blacks more of Battlemages(i.e. using desctructive magics) rather than necromancy given their warrior nature/hunter nature.

Anyways, things like the Petrify I can't see working without magic(given the time needed to petrify something) and I wasn't aware that stones had a power like Medusa. The latter seems far fetched unless the creator comes up saying that they have that kind of power.

Edited by Nectaris

Win.

I agree to this, as I would like the eggs separate from my dragons, but I see others would like them with theirs.

I'm really only interested in the egg freezing if:

a) we can put the eggs on our scrolls. I'd personally love to use them as dividers for organising my dragons. So the suggestion of being able to have them both on the scroll or as a badge would be good for me too.

B)they have no attached lineage. I'm kinda obsessive about the lineage of my dragons and I would really dislike having to procur extra CB dragons to get 'CB' eggs (not to mention it being a waste of CB dragons!)

Not bothered about the mechanism of freezing (not even those that kill the embryonic dragon) - though I rather like Thuban's Space Chicken BSA for being awesome, not killing the hatchy and having a chance of failure (where the hatchy runs away to the AP).

Strictly speaking, the trophy thing could be incorporated into any of the designs without changing much.

The BSAs "Collect" and "Gather" sound pretty much the exact same thing, just a different dragon, right?

I personally would (and have) support ANY of these. I want those eggs, dangit. But if I have to choose one over the others, I'd go with Infertile Eggs. The "major con" listed doesn't have to be an issue at all if it's a completely seperate action from the regular Breed action. And it makes complete sense, realistically. So... I'm all for it.

Their description does not specify what they do. I tended to think of Blacks more of Battlemages(i.e. using desctructive magics) rather than necromancy given their warrior nature/hunter nature.

Anyways, things like the Petrify I can't see working without magic(given the time needed to petrify something) and I wasn't aware that stones had a power like Medusa. The latter seems far fetched unless the creator comes up saying that they have that kind of power.

I didn't mean from a description based point. I meant from just a general white/black magic approach.

The BSAs "Collect" and "Gather" sound pretty much the exact same thing, just a different dragon, right?

I personally would (and have) support ANY of these. I want those eggs, dangit. But if I have to choose one over the others, I'd go with Infertile Eggs. The "major con" listed doesn't have to be an issue at all if it's a completely seperate action from the regular Breed action. And it makes complete sense, realistically. So... I'm all for it.

Except, if it was completely separate from the breed action, there would be no way to get eggs from non-female or non-breeding dragons.

Not bothered about the mechanism of freezing (not even those that kill the embryonic dragon) - though I rather like Thuban's Space Chicken BSA for being awesome, not killing the hatchy and having a chance of failure (where the hatchy runs away to the AP).

Honestly, the eggship thing can be tweaked to not be so.. rp specific, but honestly I was aiming for something new, different that covered the things people were saying they wanted while adding a backstory to /why/ i was suggesting it.

It wouldn't make sense if infertile eggs didn't have a lineage since it's from your dragons. I'm a collector of CBs so I'd dislike that, which is one of the reasons I prefer my trophy idea.

cool.gifthey have no attached lineage. I'm kinda obsessive about the lineage of my dragons and I would really dislike having to procur extra CB dragons to get 'CB' eggs (not to mention it being a waste of CB dragons!)

Well, I don't know. Frozen hatchlings have lineage, so why not 'frozen' eggs too? It'd make it a bit more interesting, and I don't see any harm in them having lineages to be honest. I freeze messy lineaged hatchlings, and a lot f people do too, so I would do the same with eggs.

Edit: It's weird how when I quote that it changed the 'B)' to a capital B, so it turns into cool.gif. Socky's idea of changing that smiley really would be useful here, though that's a whole different topic xd.png.

Edited by TheGrox

Well, I don't know. Frozen hatchlings have lineage, so why not 'frozen' eggs too? It'd make it a bit more interesting, and I don't see any harm in them having lineages to be honest. I freeze messy lineaged hatchlings, and a lot f people do too, so I would do the same with eggs.

Edit: It's weird how when I quote that it changed the 'B)' to a capital B, so it turns into cool.gif. Socky's idea of changing that smiley really would be useful here, though that's a whole different topic xd.png.

I guess it depends on the method used to get the egg.

- I kinda feel that if the hatchies survive as well as the eggs, it doesn't make sense for the egg to have the lineage too, because they look like siblings rather than the same dragon.

- If they're infertile eggs, then they'll only have a 'mother' and no father anyway. And in that case, presumably we'd never be able to get 'cb' ones...

And I'm not sure all that sure of the RP sense of lineages for eggs - you keep track of the lineages of dragons because they're living things but the egg shells are just the inanimate objects they hatched from.

I once read in the Dragon Suggestions about a Egg sucking Pygmies. They had the BSA to "suck" which would give us a hollowed out frozen egg. Even had sprites for when it was full and hungry. You might want to add that as well ^^ and I would vote for it as well happy.gif

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane