Obscure_Trash

Preferred Method for Egg Freezing

So in that case maybe a BSA for a dragon to turn up an infertile egg ? That way it could be controlled and no-one gets one who doesn't want one. *looks thoughtfully at Seragammas...*

But I would never want them on my actual scroll, so it would be nice to have a separate page or a basket.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I like the suggestions of an "egg basket" to collect them in. Maybe once you've frozen them a new desc will also show up, OR something in the basket along the lines of

" You've found these eggs, yet they never hatched. Instead of them vanishing they appeared in this basket"

I don't know I stink at desc. There could also be an opt out option for those that want them in their scroll, or you can custom sort the eggs into the basket.

( Edited part added) As for the method, for the RPer the black seems like a good idea, or just have a frostbite dragon to freeze it.

Edited by KuroYukia

I like the suggestions of an "egg basket" to collect them in. Maybe once you've frozen them a new desc will also show up, OR something in the basket along the lines of

" You've found these eggs, yet they never hatched. Instead of them vanishing they appeared in this basket"

I don't know I stink at desc.  There could also be an opt out option for those that want them in their scroll, or you can custom sort the eggs into the basket.

This idea would totally have my support.

Particularly IF It were optional for those that DO want the eggies on their scroll with the dragons.

That way, I could decide later to change my mind if I wanted. AND others could do what they liked.

Having choices and options is good, right?

Edited by Silverswift

Please let there be an option to have eggs on scroll should a easter basket thing be implemented. I want the eggs on a scroll, kind of pointless to have them tucked away elsewhere. Why put in the effort to get any if I can't look at them on my scroll.

I'd definitely prefer them on my scroll. Sorted right next to the frozen hatchies for that breed. I can see it in my mind.

I think the method of display should be optional because I am one of the persons who wants to have the eggs outside the scroll, in a separated page, pretty much like the easter eggs, with a little badge to access this new page.

In general I'm for the shell/frozen egg having the lineage:P and for them to appear on my scroll and be sorted where I want them to be sorted. That's it.

And ofc I'm for having a way to collect egg sprites on the scroll.

I think I'm mostly for egg freezing. Even if this would use the hatchie's freezing limit. We can already freeze hatchies, why not eggs then? (and it's just a game, the dragons in the eggs are not being killed, they are just a code xd.png)

If infertile eggs, then I'd be for this result to be put into the 'no egg' result (meaning the inferitle egg wouln't influence the regular egg's production chance at all, but would kind of count together with 'no egg', like e.g. if 'no egg' has currentlym let's say, a 30% chance, then with the infertile eggs implemented, the same 30% chance would be shared by 'no egg' and 'inferitle egg' so 'no egg' has like 15% chance and 'infertile egg' has the other 15% chance while the 'egg' result chance remains unaffected).

But anyway...

Edited by VixenDra

I'm surprised that I haven't posted on this thread before now.. the other thread about 'egg freezing' must have gotten buried or merged.

To accomodate those who don't want to freeze an egg that has a hatchling inside, my choice would be to have a 'save' type option whenever an egg hatches. In other words, I have a Vine egg on my scroll.. when it hatches, you get a new Action screen that asks; "Do you want to save the eggshell for your collection?" You have a yes/no choice to make.. no = no further action.. yes = "The eggshell is reassembled and added to your scroll." Once the shell is saved, you can move it around on your scroll like any other dragon.

If multiple eggs have hatched since your last DC session, the new action screen will show all the eggshells available, with check boxes next to each one. Check the shells you want to save, then make the yes/no choice.

No clue how to code it, but I'm sure TJ can figure it out.

As for lineages, I'd prefer that saved eggshells lose their lineage and look like caveborns. I wouldn't want saved shells showing up in a lineage view.

Edit to add: I'm not sure if saved shells should even have a view page. As far as I'm concerned, they're just there for the art.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I hate to just say "whatever TJ decides", but I am also aware there are in-house spriters and artists who often work on events, dragons and BSAs behind the scenes that either already have or are working on ideas (sometimes that even tie in with bigger things including new in game lore and stuff) that I will never know until its released. I just would like to have the option of some type. I don't really mind so much how it comes about.

while id be fine with just freezing the egg as is, i suppose infertile eggs would be the best because its the least trouble

also frozen eggs should not count towards ratios, ratios are broken enough without eggs filling the slots

Edited by blockEdragon

If we get the Infertile egg option, I'd like to have 2 eggs produced: One would be fertile, the other would be Infertile. The page could have them separated by something to let you know you got a trophy egg. This way we would still get an offspring, and people wouldn't get mad about getting an infertile rare/needed egg.

Edit:

Just read Cinnamin Draconna post, and had a thought. What if the eggshell was turned into a movable badge? It would end up on the dragon list, like any other egg, but it wouldn't have a lineage or any other action links besides Name/Destroy (destroy for those that do not want it anymore).

Edited by xeyla