arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

All these people breeding metals...

...but what about those that need the CBs? Hell...all the CBs I see being offered up in trades are only asking for Shimmerscales or Vals right now....*doesn't have a chance*

None of my golds or silvers gave me anything. Again. Le sigh.

I don't even want to keep them. I just wanted one egg to trade for a red dino! xd.png

...but what about those that need the CBs?

CB metals were still difficult to catch even when I was seeing 5-6 per drop. I managed to snag a few, but spent many hours of boredom refreshing pages with the same three eggs on them to manage that. laugh.gif I understand why people want to be compensated well for that time, if that makes sense.

CB metals were still difficult to catch even when I was seeing 5-6 per drop. I managed to snag a few, but spent many hours of boredom refreshing pages with the same three eggs on them to manage that. laugh.gif I understand why people want to be compensated well for that time, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I get that. But how many CB metal hunters are hunting for their personal scroll goals (like me) or are simply grabbing for trade fodder?

My metals have been breeding pretty well for me, more silvers than golds, but still metals and even my really rare tinsel pairings have produced tinsels, this past week I have bred at least 10 metallics.

Also just bred this, http://dragcave.net/lineage/6DFFu

mystyic

Edited by aqua17

I've also noticed a huge improvement in the metallic breeding levels, silver, gold and tinsel - it does make a nice change from the usual boredom of one failed breeding attempt after another. I've been dropping a lot of them in the AP.

8 more silvers came off cool down so I bred them and got 1 silver (and a stripe that was AP'd). The silver is a pretty 3rd gen.

The Congrats thread are filled with metal successes ... yay! I bred pretty 2nd gens as well. Tis is lasting longer than I thought and I really really like it! tongue.gif

Bred this Silver earlier - I'm thrilled because *she* may help me finally breed an egg for someone who's been waiting very patiently for over a year!

My one CB Silver finally gave me a Silver egg! She was a gift from last April, and while she does have offspring of different breeds, her favored response is "no egg." The new egg has a Royal Blue father. biggrin.gif

My Metals breed like rabbits, too^^

The good thing is - I get metals for my lineages. The not so good thing isd I can't even get an offer on a clean 4. gen silver 1breed-stairstep *lol* But I've no problem keeping it in case I don't get what I want and to increase my breeding stock for bad times to come.

I had good luck breeding my gold a few days ago biggrin.gif but I'm wondering, are the numbers dropping in the caves dying down? A week or so ago I'd see one or two metals almost every hour... and they're only around for a second or two, so I'd bet there were more elsewhere. But I haven't seen one in several days. Anyone else?

I bred a silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the second one in about two years.

I only had one Tinsel (a gold) and I'd only ever tried to breed it once before... but a couple of days ago I bred her again... and I got a Tinsel egg! So happy, especially as it has a gorgeous double stairstep lineage.

My CB golds continue to mock me and never create eggs lD Even with this little spike in metallic breeding going on.

My first ever gold which was a gift from a very lovely person here in 2009 finally bred a gold egg, first one ever (that's 3 1/2 years people), so see you all don't have it so bad after all!

Well I think this has just about trailed off, bred all my breedable metallics and got nothing lD

I have bred at least 6 silvers and 2 golds in the past 2 days, yes it has petered off, but not altogether over yet.....I really hope we do not go back to a total drought like last year.

Had no more luck breeding metallics v-v I feel like this has probably come to an end. For my scroll at least laugh.gif

well, my metals are breeding happily enough for me. i'm averaging abotu 1 a week from my small brood (about 10ish total).

i just wish 2 specific golds would finally produce :dry: Midas is almost a year old and i still haven't gotten a shiny form him. and after all the work i went through to build him that little gold wyvren girl.

me thinks i'll just build him another one if they still dont produce by his birthday.

my Tins OTOH. breeding like rabbits! only a few more to produce before i finally fill all of my outstanding IOUs happy.gif

For whatever reason, silvers are just breeding better than golds and tinsels better than silvers, its all good. Just hope it doesn't come to a crashing halt with no egg for a year like last time!

Just got one silver out of four tries. Got to wait until tomorrow night to try again!