arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I bred 22 metals and got one gold so I'm happy.

Bred my golds today and no egg, an hour later i bred my silvers and to my surprise, one of them gave me an egg. o_o

The 3rd egg that any of my silvers ever bred, its messy but who cares! *woohoo*

I have seen (and missed) a total of 12 CB Golds and 5 CB Silvers, so the number has definitely risen. Yesterday alone I saw 2 CB Golds and a CB Silver over two drops.

I just bred my very first metal. ^-^ It's a silver and it was also the first time I have ever attempted to breed that silver (or any silver for that matter).

I haven't tried the others yet because I am egg locked though...

Test bred my Silvers again, no egg as was expected. laugh.gif I'm holding off on trying my Golds and Tinsels because if they do produce, I need to keep the eggs even if it's the non-metal breed.

Yep, things are definitely returning to the normal -not breeding at all- state. :\ Tinsels have had a significant die-off (Out of my past 30 breedings, I've probably gotten only 2-3 Tinsel eggs), while metallics seem to be hanging in there... But golds aren't breeding that great for me.

Edited by FortyTwo

I really suspect it all has to do with the shimmer scale release, so as long as a few breed shiny eggs, we should have a steady go at the metals, not like the first week of course, but better than the year long drought of no eggs!

I just bred my second Silver! ^-^ It's so strange! I have never bred any metals before, but this week I have bred TWO already. :D

Oh I don't believe it!! I was just able to breed TWO Gold eggs - this from beasts who either were not in the mood or completely fruitless! In one day! - TWO!

See??  http://dragcave.net/lineage/jpHYO

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9jENB

COngratulations! biggrin.gif

I've bred everything in my scroll these 2 days and got 2 golds and 4 silvers

I got 3 tinsels, a gold, a silver and a bronze while dozens of them only bred tinselkins

Edited by SnowSherry

I can understand people who are saying the breeding success is dying down but I think it's only marginally decreasing. I still breed Tinsels quite easily, if not as well as last week. Even one of my most stubborn pairs produced. I'm out of metallics to try now, but the two Golds I bred yesterday at least produced commons. That's still way better than the complete lack of any kind of offspring I kept getting every week for a long time. :3

Yeah, they're still giving out offspring at a fairly good rate... I was able to coax a gold and a silver out of my collection this week, and the silver was my only caveborn's first metallic offspring. Been trying to make a mate for a 2G royal blue I've had for nearly a year, and he finally cooperated. :3

Now to stalk the cave to see if the elusive CB silvers are still dropping... since everyone wants shimmerscale offspring for their CB metals now. ;..;

It indeed got better - after one silver last week, I got one gold and one silver today! Perhaps it's really worth looking for CB metals again...

The metals are breeding in waves. I was breeding tinsels for my breeding request two days ago and most of them were fail .... but then, today, I managed them easily. My metals are still very fond of me just as I am of them. biggrin.gif