arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

ANOTHER day of totally fruitless metal-breeding. TJ WHY do you hate my Scroll so much??!

Well, my EG tinsels found each other pleasing enough to pop out an egg the first try... and actually got a 2G metal from my breedings this week, so I only have to produce one more to clear my IOU queue. No other good news on my scroll, but I think that's enough to keep me content for a bit. ^..^

Man do I wish I could be on at the same time you're on Arly! For YEARS I've read of your legendary successes with the metals and fought down the envy!!!

tongue.gif When my metals like me, they really really like me!

Bred another pretty! http://dragcave.net/lineage/QHqP8

That's the second one from this pairing ... awesome!

Glad Metals are doing so well for some ppl.

The very few I had never want to produce an egg, even now dry.gif Just my Luck LOL

Trying to breed some of my metals for trade fodder, but...zippo so far...aside from a vine tinsel fail (and one refuse...*sad face*).

I just hope it lasts xd.png

I am loving finally having metals produce

just wish my CB were in that number dry.gif

Got a Black some days ago and it alted. http://dragcave.net/lineage/JEmT4

Also I got this 4th Gen PB Golden Wyvern. http://dragcave.net/lineage/luvt2

After months of annoying breeding and getting nothing, this is really so satisfactory.

EDIT:

Had to hide the Golden Wyvern. People, DO NOT PUT OTHER PEOPLE'S EGGS IN HATCHERIES, even if help is allowed. It's still at 7 days and got over 150 views in just a few minutes. That can't all be just from people looking at this thread, as I put up the lineage, not the view link...

Edited by lilysally

What I really like about this metal spree, besides being able to get shiny out of common pairing is that I feel it makes DC fun again. I've seen quite a lot of *old timers* emerging and actively breeding/trading. During times of famine, DC is too quiet and a lot of people actually lost interest.

I hope this "glitch" is still going on. I still haven't had a successful breeding since I got a Gold from my first Gold on its first attempt a few years ago.

Edited by Sarahswati

It's not a glitch. The ratios get reset every year, meaning that adults from before the reset do not count towards the ratios. So it's a free for all.

Beginning to think success rates are tied to scrolls rather than individual dragons. Bred again, no shinies for me, sigh...

Although I did get a2g ice egg from a blocker, lol.

It's not a glitch. The ratios get reset every year, meaning that adults from before the reset do not count towards the ratios. So it's a free for all.

Ah. I did not realize that. That sounds to me like it would keep "rares" from being rare, though.

Almost giving up on hunting for metals from the cave. Every time someone clicks quicker than me. YET I am still able to catch trios np. I wonder what a nice trio hatchy ratio for a CB Silver would be....but than probably nobody would trade for it. *Losing Hope*.

It's a way to make sure that the only rares which -count- are the rares being actively produced. A friend of mine had about 30 golds and 50 silvers which she was gradually working her way through killing (fret not, they're inbred and messy and monstrous) until she realised that she might as well just keep the army because they don't contribute to the ratios anymore.

Almost giving up on hunting for metals from the cave. Every time someone clicks quicker than me. YET I am still able to catch trios np. I wonder what a nice trio hatchy ratio for a CB Silver would be....but than probably nobody would trade for it. *Losing Hope*.

I actually got my first (one of two now!) CB silver a week or two ago by trading 5 magmas/ices; I already had three and caught the other two like mad to pay it off. That was probably the lowest "price" I've seen for a CB silver, but hopefully with the surge it will be a more common thing...in any case, grabbing CB trios can't hurt smile.gif

And also, sometimes metals go in the blink of an eye but I've seen some sit around for a few seconds, which seems like a long time for them - like I'd accidentally click by while browsing biomes, click back and they're still there. Or I'll refresh over them a few times. I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time, but it seems like there's one or two every drop...

Edited by merrrlin

I actually got my first (one of two now!) CB silver a week or two ago by trading 5 magmas/ices; I already had three and caught the other two like mad to pay it off. That was probably the lowest "price" I've seen for a CB silver, but hopefully with the surge it will be a more common thing...in any case, grabbing CB trios can't hurt smile.gif

And also, sometimes metals go in the blink of an eye but I've seen some sit around for a few seconds, which seems like a long time for them - like I'd accidentally click by while browsing biomes, click back and they're still there. Or I'll refresh over them a few times. I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time, but it seems like there's one or two every drop...

Yes, but with the prize dragons being handed out, right now most people are asking for 2nd gens of Shimmers.

A couple of times I haven't even recognized the egg description, simply because I see them so rarely that I forget it.

Not mine. I swear, I have some of the most stubborn dragons in world. My silver, being the brat that she is, always rejects her mates, or she tries but doesn't produce. I have used fertility on her, tried her with so many different dragons, including my *also stubborn* gold. She has never bred once since I have had her, and I got her about.. 3 months? >.< *sigh*.

Finally - I was able to breed a gold tinsel from a proven pair that hasn't given me a fail for months, or a tinsel since March. <3

My GWs were also cooperating like never before, and I managed a silver tinsel last week. I am very very pleased. Now to just get a 2g gold from my only CB gold and I will be a happy camper. ^^

However, as far as seeing anything in the cave or AP? I have been seeing a handful in the ap - and one, count em one silver in the biome three weeks ago. Forget clicking them, I can't even *find* them. lol >.<

My GW and Tinsels got the memo, but the Silvers and Golds seem to have not read it dry.gif. The ones that do produce only give me fails. It's like they know I owe the MW thread and are conspiring against me! laugh.gif I have actually seen shinies in the Cave, I'm just not fast enough to catch them. Maybe someday it'll happen.

Could the rising instances of influence-fail be a result of all this Metal glut? Said 'glut' still has not affected MY beasts *glares in their direction*.

THREE gold eggs in the AP just now. Missed every last one of them. 94 people in the AP.