arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I am sure by now, many of us would have seen a tremendous increased in successful metallic breedings, be it metals or tinsels. I am actually a little bit apprehensive because when the feast comes, famish is almost always to follow. Is this really ratio at work? I am just in awe how all of a sudden, we are being flooded with metals. I have had almost 90% success in my metal breedings and it's really kinda scary! xd.png

Should the ratio be this way? Can't we find a middle ground where we can still enjoy breeding metallics from time to time and not have this kind of sudden abundance for a while and suffer a drought later on?

I must admit, it does scare me. It reminds me of the glitch a couple years ago, when the Golds and Silvers were breeding like crazy, and appearing in the Cave almost constantly...we were then hit with a huge drought because the ratios went out of wack.

This seems like another glitch to me. I don't think it's normal unsure.gif

Edited by CDM

Nothing has changed in the Varekis cave. My metallics are still stubborn. CRESTFALLEN. :P

Ratios are blargh when it comes to breeding - it's never fun trying to get specific eggs when their species is chalked up for the drought period. Dl Dunno how we could go about stablising them, though. x3

I must admit, it does scare me. It reminds me of the glitch a couple years ago, when the Golds and Silvers were breeding like crazy, and appearing in the Cave almost constantly...we were then hit with a huge drought because the ratios went out of wack.

This seems like another glitch to me. I don't think it's normal unsure.gif

Yeap! I remember that glitch. I can't even give away metals for free. They were everywhere and almost worthless in trades unless it's very low gen. With the rate the metals are being spitting out, we might come face to face with this problem again.

Seeing so many members saying they've bred 5 or more metals in the same breeding span is both jaw-dropping & (to me) alarming. I'll admit to more than a little envy at this breeding flood while my own have hardly ever been very cooperative, & have several more days still before they're breedable. (I'll bet when they do come off cooldown, they'll still thumb their noses at me: "You want a metallic egg when?")

I also have to wonder how (or if) this will affect CB metallic production. Will this flood dampen caveborns? If so, for how long? I hadn't seen any for the longest time, although I did get obscenely lucky & not only saw but caught a CB silver a couple hours ago...

I actually am loving it. I am able to payback some IOU's or tinsel gifting I hadn't been able to do for months and months. I think the purpose of this is for right before the new Prize release. TJ probably wants everyone to be happy with what they get, also make it fairer to trade for the new Prizes.

Since this change, I paid back like three IOU's/Gifts.

Caught a messy silver from the AP but threw it back.

Caught a beautiful silver tinsel from the AP from Naughtrish: http://dragcave.net/lineage/3hnja

An I was able to breed five gorgeous arrow tinsel lineages (the two not shown were already traded, plus I bred other stairs):

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/pZnYE

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/HOj8f

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/DS955

I just wish I could get my hands on a CB Gold....still need one of those. Even a 2nd gen would be sweet.

Edited by shovedtbh

Okay. I'm glad it's working for some people. Just tried the five available golds on my scroll. One black egg from the messy one. Zero from the other four. The one successful Tinsel breeding earlier resulted in a Hellfire egg.

And so it goes...

I am very lucky right now with breeding tinsels, but I have never been lucky with breeding my silvers. I only have gotten one 2nd gen so far and of course I kept it, an this was on August 20th, 2012: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sRPob

The lowest gen tinsel I have is 4th, but I do have around 70 tinsels. I just collect them for their lineages and for tinselkin if I need it. Tinsels of a higher gen don't really trade well, well in my case since I don't have many of the rarer lines.

Seeing so many members saying they've bred 5 or more metals in the same breeding span is both jaw-dropping & (to me) alarming. I'll admit to more than a little envy at this breeding flood while my own have hardly ever been very cooperative, & have several more days still before they're breedable. (I'll bet when they do come off cooldown, they'll still thumb their noses at me: "You want a metallic egg when?")

I also have to wonder how (or if) this will affect CB metallic production. Will this flood dampen caveborns? If so, for how long? I hadn't seen any for the longest time, although I did get obscenely lucky & not only saw but caught a CB silver a couple hours ago...

Mmm, same. Well, apart from catching a CB Silver - I never even *see* those slippery lil suckers. rolleyes.gif

I did breed a Tinsel and a Silver and gifted both. Most of the rest of my metallics that I really want eggs from are still on CD or just got bred yesterday. *sigh*

I like how they come back with a vengeance after I a bred my good lineages, thankfully I have a few more hopefully this lasts till the end of the week.

I bred all of my metallics as well yesterday lol. Ah well we shall see.

OMG, I hope this will last until all of tomorrow at least, because that's when my Metallics come off cooldown. I really need to get one PB out of them! *sigh*

Ug, I'm so going to cry if I see the "Try as you might" page while clicking on Silvers one more time xd.png I just want one, come on! lol

I bred 19 dragon pairs today and had only one unsuccessful breeding. It seems that all the breeds are back with a vengeance! Not that I mind, I finally paid off the majority of my IOUs.

I only have two pairs neither of which produced so maybe soon! But besides that I think you all are missing everything else! I have noticed an EXTREME amount of better breeding amongst the other breeds as well! I bred tons of blacks and a couple nebs.

I'm boggling because my metals haven't bred since... uh... it's been awhile. And suddenly eggs are popping out of them like candy from a broken pinata. Hey, not complaining!

I wouldn't really say it's just metals, I've had successful breedings from a few non metal pairings that have never given me anything before.

I don't think it's just Metals..

I have had ONE only ONE of my blacks not produce a black egg... and i bred at least six pairs yesterday..

However my metals produced NOTHING.. unless this has just started today..

...does anyone else sometimes wish that DC breeding cycles were a bit less famine or feast? unsure.gif

tongue.gif I breed mostly metals and rarely other breeds and that is why I am in awe when I see metals breeding like wabbits again. Since many also reported an increase in overall breeding success, it looks like the cave has sort of like RESET itself from last year's ratio? Perhaps the 2 hours downtime yesterday has something to do with it? (Pure speculation....)

I just grabbed a gold egg from the AP - not a great lineage so I threw it back. I actually bred this a few hours ago, the first gold any of my CBs gave me.

Alas, mine don't come off CD for another 3 days, so unless this stretches out that far, I won't see any increase in egg activity. sad.gif

Many of my nice ones (I'm not breeding my "non-nice" ones currently) come off cooldown either late today or early tomorrow so I'll bred them then.

Last week I had 4 silvers and 1 gold in a two day period so for me it started last week.