arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

My gold bred once. t least I got a gold? xd.png

My newest tinsel, though, actually produced an egg. Metal boom might be slowing down a bit, but its still there smile.gif

I've heard lots of CB metals are popping up in the alphine though.

Yeah...which never seem to pop up when I am actually hunting there....*curses her luck*

Lots of Metals in the alpine? I have not even seen one. ^^

But I was able to finally breed a Tinsel I still owed to somebody. Only that this person doesn't seem to be around here anymore. :-/

Gah.

I noticed this yesterday and tried most of my tinsels. Every single one I tried produced something (some were TinselFails ofcourse). Two Tinsels were still on cooldown, the ones that had IOUs.

I bred them twelve hours later and they both gave nothing. Not even TinselFails. mad.gif

Question for those with success!

Are you guys using Fertility BSA with your breedings - and do you find that is helping any?

Thanks in advance. :]

I'm not using fertility.

I did try breeding another 20 or so metals (gold and silver) after my gold yesterday and got nothing but a couple of stripes.

Edited by rubyshoes

Nope. I haven't use Fertility with any of my metals (Tinsels or Original Metals). I have managed to breed them well with no problems at all.

My metals are still spitting out shiny left and right. Plus, I always think that fertility is a myth. laugh.gif

I swear I get more refusals with fertility than without

Heh, first time I got a gold from a pairing between my CB gold and one of my CB silvers. Hopefully I'll get something I need from it....

I don't use Fertility. I've tried in the past, and I've only ever got refusals or no eggs. Almost seems like a jinx to me laugh.gif

The Metallics are still breeding well for me too. Still won't produce eggs that I would love to gift someone, as a thank you for the huge help they gave me with a lineage, but I will just have to keep trying.

Edited by CDM

I did not use fertility too because it seems a waste in a metal.

Anyways, no eggs here.

Question: Don't you think this metal boom has something to do with the "hunting threads"? I mean, people were really hunting for commons and now a metal boom comes as a prize... It would be nice to know that the threads / contests helped somehow. tongue.gif

I think we're beginning to see the outcome of all this alleged metal flood - the trading threads are chockablock FULL of all sorts of metal trades, with a single person having multiples to trade, and asking for DAYS for trades. The pages are just aglow with metallic glut. Basic economics will take over now.

I just missed a CB Gold, the only one I've seen this YEAR.

Edited by Ayelldee

I was just gifted my second gold! xd.png Although I'm worried about a gold breeding famine later on, I sure am appreciating the feast at the moment.

I saw two or three CB silvers myself last drop (missed them all of course). I'm surprised (ok maybe not) that I am not getting many offers on the 2 gen Gold I breed earlier today....

Edited by Slaskia

Well, my gold finally produced her first-ever egg. Finally. It's the mate's species, but an egg none the less. I am happy.

No metals from attempted breedings this week. I got a tinselkin, and I think one offspring from a silver mating, but non-metal.

Just realized that one of my gold has never actually produced offspring. Hn ...

Edited by terradi

I did not use fertility too because it seems a waste in a metal.

Anyways, no eggs here.

Question: Don't you think this metal boom has something to do with the "hunting threads"? I mean, people were really hunting for commons and now a metal boom comes as a prize... It would be nice to know that the threads / contests helped somehow. tongue.gif

No, it's because of a reset. Every year, the dragons from the previous year are not counted anymore, to make room for the new ones.

Bred and released dozens of metals .. still going very strong I'd say! smile.gif

my silver gave me the second silver its ever produced the other day =P it wasnt a horrible lineage either xd.png

Bred and released dozens of metals .. still going very strong I'd say! smile.gif

Man do I wish I could be on at the same time you're on Arly! For YEARS I've read of your legendary successes with the metals and fought down the envy!!!

A friend of mine bred a Silver about 10 days ago and got another egg first try from that. And she bred two Golds this week in addition. Wish my Silvers would give me babies. The two Golds I got is really nice, but I have some more open projects...

Edited by lilysally

hmm

i breed all my silvers and golds today

got only 2 out of almost 30 metallics

sad