arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I just wish this breeding increase affected my summoning chance lol. Ive had at least one of each trio when the summon skill came out and to this day i still havent gotten a single GON *shakes trio dragons*

I have breed plenty of shinies myself, which is actually nice since i needed some to get my frozen hatchies for my scroll completion goals. I am only freezing messy or inbred shinies. And thanks to this feast I was finally able to trade for a neglected dragon making the GON the only dragon I dont have yet. *shakes trio dragons again*

I breed them every week, here is an example, this dragon is about 1 1/2 years old, so that would be 75+ breedings possible, yes?

Breeding HAHA

Um thats 2 eggies, and 0 golds!

All I am trying to say is yes having cb metals is nice, but no, it isnt going to instantly get you your own beautiful lineages going.

Oh I like your evil plan, I can breed second gens of everything for you (well forget those pesky metals would ya)!

As expected, no shinies from my CB Golds, but I did get a Tsunami egg to send to drabrugon at least.

Thanks very much for the offer, though it's kind of an on-scroll project - I figured it'd be kind of fun for all my CB "families" to have a related ND in their clans. smile.gif Also, while I've heard of people neglecting CB metals, I don't really see the point of that because no one looking at it later knows it was a CB metal. I want people to be able to look at the lineage and go, "Holy crap, you ND'd one of those?!" *evil grin*

Now that the shiny new Prize dragons have been awarded, I wonder if the shiny flood will suddenly stop?

Yup, I have 3 Silver Tins on my scroll right now! One pretty dead-3rd gen from my brother, one from my silver tin/skywing spiral (after months, finally ._.) and a messy one that'll be used for other dead projects. :D

I breed them every week, here is an example, this dragon is about 1 1/2 years old, so that would be 75+ breedings possible, yes?

Breeding HAHA

Um thats 2 eggies, and 0 golds!

My golds have a different sense of humor:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/DoC9

Bred about 100 times, 19 offsprings (18 of which before May 2012) and 1 gold

http://dragcave.net/progeny/13oD

Bred about 100 times, 18 offsprings (all of them before august 2012) and 2 golds

http://dragcave.net/progeny/77v9

Bred about 95 times, 26 (!!) offsprings and no one single gold dry.gif

Well, I hope my brand new CB one will breed well as them, at least I'll have some pretty 2nd gen commons to trade rolleyes.gif

Edited by Iside

Now that the shiny new Prize dragons have been awarded, I wonder if the shiny flood will suddenly stop?

I am still going strong here. laugh.gif

I'm kinda disappointed. I bred a lot of my metallic dragons, but none of them have produced anything....

are the metals still making a comeback? or did I miss it? unsure.gif

I'm kinda disappointed. I bred a lot of my metallic dragons, but none of them have produced anything....

are the metals still making a comeback? or did I miss it? unsure.gif

I think as always it's the luck of the draw. My silvers haven't bred. I have six and only ever had one silver from them. I try to breed them every week.

So no, you didn't miss it!

Time to breed my CB Metallics! In 4 days. But I'm excited to see if they breed! Not scary at all.

Edited by Ultra

I have a CB male silver that I got in 2009 and it has never given me a silver. On the other hand I have a CB female that has given me about 4 silvers.

My one CB gold that I got last summer has yet to breed a gold.

I bred masses of tinsels last night and got 8 tinsel fails and two tinsels. I was however able to breed another regular silver. I think things might be slowing down a bit already. But that might not be the case. All I know is that so far in the last five days I have missed 6 CB Golds and 2 CB silvers in the Alpine alone. *arrrgggghhh!!!!!*

Edited by Dubious

That's the prize!

Would gladly trade it for one of the CB Prize eggs, but doubt very much they'd take the offer... laugh.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

yay, I finally had some luck with breeding biggrin.gif

using my new CB Silvers, I managed to breed a gorgeous 2nd gen Silver

ain't it just gorgeous? <3 so proud of my CBs (first breeding and they give me an egg)

EDIT: Fogged the egg to protect from sickness

Edited by Ashura09

I happened to breed my metals right at the start of this "madness," before I knew to be optimistic/hopeful, and managed 1 gold and 1 silver (that actually made me come to the forums to see if something was up!). It's been radio silence ever since but it's been fun looking at everything in these threads and the hatcheries! Congrats to everyone who's done well.

Edited by miaou

FOr the first time ever, I bred a Shiny <3

A 4th gen down stair step non-tinsel silver. I was so happy I traded it for a CB Vine hatchie smile.gif

Argh, when hunting, I missed 2 CB Silvers and a CB Gold in the cave earlier today... and then when I just saw the hourdrop while being scroll-locked, a CB Gold popped up and I clicked on it and got the overburdened message! wacko.gif Aaaaargh, I want to pull my hair out and cry! *sob* sad.gif The Cave Gods hate me today. *sigh*

W00t, I just managed to catch a CB Silver in the hourdrop at the Volcano! laugh.gif This definitely makes up for this, heh heh! Especially because I would've used that CB Gold for getting 2 CB Silvers anyway (because I need a second CB pair), so now I've got 1 CB Silver at least! biggrin.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

Just bred my Gold for the first time- no egg produced. I am 100% OK with that, though- at least he didn't refuse his mate!

W00t, I just managed to catch a CB Silver in the hourdrop at the Volcano! laugh.gif This definitely makes up for this, heh heh! Especially because I would've used that CB Gold for getting 2 CB Silvers anyway (because I need a second CB pair), so now I've got 1 CB Silver at least! biggrin.gif

I saw that silver! I don't need any silvers but I would have attempted to trade it for something I needed anyway. Oh well, I caught a Green Dino during the same drop I'll try to trade with instead.

I saw that silver!  I don't need any silvers but I would have attempted to trade it for something I needed anyway.  Oh well, I caught a Green Dino during the same drop I'll try to trade with instead.

Aww, I hope you'll soon be able to catch your own CB Metallic, while this heightened availability of Metallics lasts (because I have noticed that not only do Metallics breed better, also in the Cave the Metallics appear more frequently). :3

And more on-topic now: I just bred my very first 2nd gen PB Gold! wub.gif I knew that pair would make me happy, because the other pair has been staunchly refusing to turn out a 2nd gen PB for over a year now. dry.gif Anyway, once the little one grows up, I will be breeding it to one of my 2nd gen PB Silvers (seeing as I don't have any other 2nd gen PB Golds yet). Hopefully he or she (I haven't decided on the gender yet) won't refuse his/her mate! *crosses fingers*

Bred two more metals and got a second gen silver (with wrapping wing).

I am sure by now, many of us would have seen a tremendous increased in successful metallic breedings, be it metals or tinsels. I am actually a little bit apprehensive because when the feast comes, famish is almost always to follow. Is this really ratio at work? I am just in awe how all of a sudden, we are being flooded with metals. I have had almost 90% success in my metal breedings and it's really kinda scary!  xd.png

Should the ratio be this way? Can't we find a middle ground where we can still enjoy breeding metallics from time to time and not have this kind of sudden abundance for a while and suffer a drought later on?

Still no tinsels from me, or any metals from mine, so I don't think this thread is entirely accurate, although I am seeing a lot, just not any produced for me.

HOLY CRAP, just bred: http://dragcave.net/lineage/mWpdQ

o___000;;; //flips tables.

Edited by Ashes The Second