arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I guess that with all the recent metallic successes, people are breeding everything they have. Most of what I've seen in the AP are tinselfails. laugh.gif

Missed another CB silver, but still trying... hoping against hope that someone will list a trade for one that doesn't involve CB golds, NDs, IOUs for 2G new prizes, 2G tinsels, and similar. sad.gif

Also hoping this extends into next week so that I can hopefully get some successful breedings for trading, gifting, and the like. *crosses fingers*

LOL@ the ones who only breed 10 golds. ._. I should stalk the cave for a CB Gold, but... hurgh. I'm so done about refreshing the Cave for dragons. X_X;

I really had my hopes up when I saw this thread but just tried to breed all six silvers and got one Turp egg from the lot.

So no, my metals aren't making a comeback. sad.gif

ugh...i want to die. someone has just told me they want to freeze a CB gold female...and i checked their scroll and the only golds they have are male and female CB golds and a frozen CB male gold...so soon enough theres gonna be a little frozen female cb x_x

good news though is i have finally completed my own CB pairs of metals, both silver and gold male and females! im really happy smile.gifpoptartFINALTINY.gif

Wha...freezing CBs of easy to get commons I can see...but of scarce rares? Hurts even more that that person is going to freeze a female which I need the adult of!

Ugh, I am so mad at myself. I was watching the AP and saw a tinsel egg. This is what I did.

"Ooh, shiny*

*clicks refresh*

"OMG WHY DID I DO THAT? CURSE YOU, FINGERS!"

Obviously, my reflexes need a bit of work. laugh.gif I've been hoping to get a tinsel from this breeding frenzy but no luck so far. dry.gif

EDIT: A kind person gifted me a tinsel! Yayy! xd.png

Edited by Dimar

For the people who only have a few metals and are not getting any results, my suggestion would be to take this opportunity to collect more metals.

You can find some really nice stuff pretty cheap, as those with 200+ metals just want to unlock so they can breed more metals, trust me on this!

Most who look like they are breeding a lot are probably having the same success rate as you, they just have more tries at it!

ugh...i want to die. someone has just told me they want to freeze a CB gold female...and i checked their scroll and the only golds they have are male and female CB golds and a frozen CB male gold...so soon enough theres gonna be a little frozen female cb x_x

good news though is i have finally completed my own CB pairs of metals, both silver and gold male and females! im really happy smile.gifpoptartFINALTINY.gif

Maybe that's their play-style? I plan to do the same if I *ever* reach my target number of adult CB metals....

Maybe that's their play-style? I plan to do the same if I *ever* reach my target number of adult CB metals....

See I myself don't have a plan to freeze but you know if I ever get a big enough collection it's a possibility.

For the people who only have a few metals and are not getting any results, my suggestion would be to take this opportunity to collect more metals.

You can find some really nice stuff pretty cheap, as those with 200+ metals just want to unlock so they can breed more metals, trust me on this!

Most who look like they are breeding a lot are probably having the same success rate as you, they just have more tries at it!

Yep, I'm taking as much advantage of this as I can. If people are gonna breed and swamp metals now, I may as well join in, or I'll lose my chance and people will ask out of my price range for them again e.e

Very extremely happy with some of the trades I've been able to make ^^ Hope to get a few more before this ends though... I need to catch up, haha, my 1 lonely gold finally has some friends

Pretty much what Karobb said. People, take advantage while you can - this is one of the few opportunities you might get.

I myself have made some good trades for pretty shiny lineages. ^.^

Yeap, yeap! I am unloading massive amount of metals so don't be shy to ask for them in trades. You just never know! smile.gif

This is the time we metal hoarders share the wealth!

P/S : And oh yeah, park yourselves at the departure threads as well. xd.png

Edited by arlymaye

My CB Golds are up for breeding later today and I actually *want* the mate's breed from a couple of them so that I can send them off to someone to help with their lineage project...

That doesn't help people whom need CBs....

That doesn't help people whom need CBs....

CB Metals will always remain hard to get. They will not start to rain down like caveblockers, no matter how prolific the metal breedings are. Aim lower and you will enjoy this metal spree better. wink.gif

CB Metals will always remain hard to get. They will not start to rain down like caveblockers, no matter how prolific the metal breedings are. Aim lower and you will enjoy this metal spree better.   wink.gif

I already 'have' four golds, one CB and the other three are descended from him. I want a CB female to complete my current goal of one CB m & f pair of each Cave catchable species. As it stands, the golds are the only ones I 'haven't' succeeded in this yet.

So no...I cannot 'aim lower' in this case.

Edited by Slaskia

CB metals are not all they are cracked up to be, each of mine have maybe bred one metal EVER and each has been over a year of breeding, quite a few have NEVER bred a metal. Makes me wonder why we all need them so badly.

Between hunting for a CB metal and breeding my baby to get pretty metal x common, I would rather breed. This metal feast has enabled me to continue my lines - so far I've managed to get metals out of BBW, Tan Ridgewing, Stone, Tri Horn Wyvern, Balloon, Blusang, Royal Blue, Skywing, Horse Dragon - just to name a few.

Before the feast, the only way to get metals is to breed with holidays. I am not even breeding my 2nd or 3rd gen with SW/Marrow this time.

I might not be able to breed metal x commons again for a long long time so while I could, I'd rather spend my time making pretty lineages.

CB metals are not all they are cracked up to be, each of mine have maybe bred one metal EVER and each has been over a year of breeding, quite a few have NEVER bred a metal. Makes me wonder why we all need them so badly.

For lineages and scroll goals, I'd guess. At least, that's why I want them! wink.gif It's nice to not have to go around begging from other players because you happen to need a 2nd gen common from a metallic. And having control of all the dragons in a lineage means not having to worry about scroll-burnings, random killing or zombie attempts messing up your pride and joy. And getting a metal with a lineage is comparatively easy, getting a CB one is more of a challenge and something to feel proud of if you manage it. Personally, pursuing my scroll goals and breeding lineages have kept me playing DC for far longer than I might have otherwise.

Agreed, but mine are much like NDs, they just sit there and look good...haha.

xd.png Because you don't breed them, or because they refuse to produce eggs?

One of these days, I will enact my evil plan to neglect a PB 2nd gen from all breeds dropped in the Cave - including rares and Halloweens. ninja.gif Of course, that means my Golds have to give me PB 2nd gens to start with. *pokes shinies* Come off CD so that you can disappoint me yet again! tongue.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

xd.png  Because you don't breed them, or because they refuse to produce eggs?

One of these days, I will enact my evil plan to neglect a PB 2nd gen from all breeds dropped in the Cave - including rares and Halloweens.  ninja.gif  Of course, that means my Golds have to give me PB 2nd gens to start with.  *pokes shinies*  Come off CD so that you can disappoint me yet again!  tongue.gif

I breed them every week, here is an example, this dragon is about 1 1/2 years old, so that would be 75+ breedings possible, yes?

Breeding HAHA

Um thats 2 eggies, and 0 golds!

All I am trying to say is yes having cb metals is nice, but no, it isnt going to instantly get you your own beautiful lineages going.

Oh I like your evil plan, I can breed second gens of everything for you (well forget those pesky metals would ya)!

Edited by Karobb

I have this CB Female Gold since 2008. I bred her every freaking week since the beginnng, maybe missed a few weeks in between.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/fNlL

And how many gold offspring did I get out of her in all these years?

TWO.

xd.png

I lucked out with her, although she hasn't produced anything since September '12: http://dragcave.net/progeny/tni0q

I do have another CB Gold that has produced only Golds, but not as many as her. Of my CB Silvers, one male has had 4 Silver offspring ) Silver male ), and the rest may have produced one or two Silvers, but most of their offspring have been of their partners' breeds.

A lot of times, it's just been a case of playing with a bunch of different dragons until they fall in love ( tongue.gif ) with a certain mate.

Edit: Of course, I do have a few the have yet to produce an egg, Metallic or otherwise, but I guess I just haven't found their "other half" yet.

Edited by CDM