arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

Finally managed to breed this Thuwed beauty! If anyone is willing to trade it for a 2nd Gen silver (Silver x Purple) so I can make the 4th gen, I'd be quite happy. biggrin.gif

Edited by Fandom Addict

Yesterday I was able to breed not only 2 Silvers, but a Thunder as well. No luck with the Magma, though...

Today, all I got were Tinsel fails...

I'll see if I have any luck with my 1 Ice dragon later today...

Wow, after seeing the Metallic trading thread, there are TONS of metals there - isn't this going to depreciate the trading value of the metals and tinsels?

I glommed a really nice Tinsel, and had to actually throw back several tinsels that had horrid horrid lineages - beautifully even tinsels and nice stairsteps were bred with whatever was closest apparently. Too bad to get so excited over blehhh.

It was never intended to make dragons of different trading values.

I wish that there were no rares, just uncommons, to put a stop to some very high asking prices for some dragon eggs... There are so many people who can't catch what they need to reach their goals. So I think they should be able to trade with a bit of effort (for me nice looking even Gen hatchlings are always nice offers).

I'm honestly very happy with this. It lets me fill IOUs that I have owed for months, finally. And I can finally breed tinsels to freeze (since I love their hatchling sprites so much). I currently have 5 tinsel eggs on my scroll, after the drought of never seeing one in nearly 6 months. I was so excited to get 5 of my tinsels to produce tinsel eggs.

Are all tinsel eggs as stubborn as mine is being? 4 days left and not even a crack. I'm happy to have some tinsels finally but dang. dry.gif

Edit: Must have jinxed it, it finally has a crack! rolleyes.gif

Edited by anmiller86

Oh NO! Does this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FEdqL

mean that someone actually killed his CB Tinsel?

No. It means that somebody wanted a lineage of silver x marrow, couldn't manage to trade for one, so they started a "deadline" of their own. Once a dragon is dead for 2 weeks the dragon is removed from the system and its lineage disappears with it.

Most people call them "deadlines". I, personally, call them "false generation" because even if a dragon looks like a 2nd generation (because its parents are tombstones) it probably had a lot more history behind it.

But it's a way to make pretty lineages. smile.gif

5th "False Gen" Bronze Tinsel "Purebred"

Oh NO! Does this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FEdqL

mean that someone actually killed his CB Tinsel?

It's most likely a dead line, where someone kills a parent tinsel (or any other breed I guess) to make the linages of the children look nicer/more interesting. Pretty much the only way to 'start' a tinsel lienage (unless you're very lucky)

Edit: Well I got ninja'd by a better explaination and a cool example.

Edited by KishaRa

Well, on my 4'th try, I bred a silver. Don't have any more room on my scroll for other shinies though. o.o I'm prolly gonna trade it for another.

No. It means that somebody wanted a lineage of silver x marrow, couldn't manage to trade for one, so they started a "deadline" of their own. Once a dragon is dead for 2 weeks the dragon is removed from the system and its lineage disappears with it.

Most people call them "deadlines". I, personally, call them "false generation" because even if a dragon looks like a 2nd generation (because its parents are tombstones) it probably had a lot more history behind it.

But it's a way to make pretty lineages. smile.gif

5th "False Gen" Bronze Tinsel "Purebred"

But...but that's lying and cheating!

But...but that's lying and cheating!

Not really. Anyone who does a quick check of the lineage can tell it's been pruned, so as long as people check (which they should always do before offering on a trade), then nothing can go wrong.

I unlocked one spot, and four of my metals were available again, so I tried

CB Silver - no egg

CB Gold - no egg

5th gen Silver spiral - no egg

6th gen Silver spiral - An egg with a beautiful glow! It's the second Silver egg from this guy, but the first from this pairing, (and the only one so far from the current metal rush) so it will be raised here in Verdant. <3

Metals may be back but not in my cave. Both my Tinsels and my metals stubbornly refused to give me shiny eggs.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Two silvers ,four Golden Wyverns

and one gold Tinsel for me in past three

days I'm so happy laugh.gif

Abandoned three silver and one bronze Tinsel egg in cave .. smile.gif

Edited by Nanah

Oh wow, my Bronze Tinsel just gave me an egg! And my gold didn't give me a gold egg, but still gave me one!

After all this good luck everyone's been getting, I just know my metals are going to tell me to f off when I get to breed them. xd.png Hah...

I am sure by now, many of us would have seen a tremendous increased in successful metallic breedings, be it metals or tinsels. I am actually a little bit apprehensive because when the feast comes, famish is almost always to follow. Is this really ratio at work? I am just in awe how all of a sudden, we are being flooded with metals. I have had almost 90% success in my metal breedings and it's really kinda scary! xd.png

Should the ratio be this way? Can't we find a middle ground where we can still enjoy breeding metallics from time to time and not have this kind of sudden abundance for a while and suffer a drought later on?

It's not a coincidence. It was EXPECTED. Remember last year at this time TJ released 2 new dragon breeds.

Anytime there is a new release (let alone 2 new breeds), that causes the ratios for all dragon breeds to go off kilter (always the most noticeable for metallics and popular breeds like Blacks) so there was a surge in gold/silver successes at this time last year to balance it out. Individual dragons stop counting towards the ratios after 1 year .. so that means all those golds born last year during the release are no longer counting towards gold ratios. The breeding success now is because the ratio just needed to be balanced again.

Not really sure what anyone is talking about, I bred all my metallics and only got one sort of bad lined silver.

And a lot of commons. lots and lots of commons :/

Upsetting as usual, and my CB gold and CB silver have never once given me an egg since I got them.

My CB gold actually produced its second egg ever since i got it. The last time I got an egg from it was '12 February.

I also managed to finally breed a GW for my friend, as well as a random Bronze tinsel.

None of my others produced, but considering I got a 2nd gen gold, I'm not complaining xd.png