arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I have something else to say. This party of rares is wonderful, I admit, but I felt awful being locked with golden wyverns. So awful, in fact, I gifted away a 2nd gen PB golden wyvern with "knot" in its code.

I love the amazing breeding ratios, but hate the feeling of being over accomplished.

Yeah, the feast can be just as frustrating as the famine in some ways. I'm glad for all the frustrated breeders that are finally getting the dragons they need, but this flood is depreciating trade values quickly. Which is good in its own way (I'd imagine some people are thrilled to be getting their first tinsels, for example).

I managed to get a second Silver from one of my Silver couples (not lines).

Traded it for a 3rd Gen Gold , jost hope I might get a chance to breed them at least once before this ratio might end...

I just test bred my Silver pair, and it was "no egg produced". sad.gif

Bred my few tinsels and metals, messy and long so most people probably wouldn't want them. But I was able to send 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze tinsels to the ap and still kept 1 gold and real silver for myself happy.gif

These suckers are like blink and you missed it. I've seen them in 3 biomes mostly, Alphine/Coast/Desert. The Alphine moves really fast and when I am unlocked, I plan to hold a vigil there.  xd.png

--------------------------

The problem with the the abundance of metal all of a sudden is that metals will depreciate in value fast! I've been checking the trading trades and I've seen the same metal posts being listed again and again. I don't know how rubyshoes is going to keep up with those delete and repost trades but they are starting to becoming a nuisance to me.  dry.gif

There's an additional problem with the fact that more metals were showing in the cave - by the way, not just metals, there were more Rares in general, and Blacks in particular, than usual. The quantity has been going back to normal but the number of simultaneous users has been increasing. Last time I looked there were 49 users in Alpine. Even if I have a very fast connection (50 Mbps) and reflexes good enough to catch Rares easily until now, I had to give up on catching the relatively common Reds that I needed. Every egg was flying out of the cave smile.gif

Oh boy, I just bred the rest of my metallics and...

Nothing.

WHY MUST YOU BE BUTTS GUYS.

Edit: Rest of my pairs gave me nada as well.

This game hates me so much. ;~;

Edited by Derranged

Bred another 20 or so metals and got a 3EG silver. So that's 4 silvers over the past 2 or 3 days.

Most of my metallics apparently didn't get the memo. All of the pairs that I specifically need a metal from either had no egg or no interest.

On the other hand, two of my messier metals paired with equally messy Dorkfaces produced shinies, so hopefully someone was happy with their AP finds. smile.gif

I was able to breed two Tinsels (gold and silver) and a silver. So far was able to trade two of them for things I needed. smile.gif

My metals breeding today alone are in the two digits. biggrin.gif Mostly silvers, some APed and some lotto-ed off in IRC. And I just bred another. tongue.gif

Dangit.. I've missed so many silvers in the AP.

I wouldn't even care if I didn't need a female to complete my goal of having one of each adult on my scroll. (Barring a few breeds I don't care for).

|:< My three golds didn't even breed eggs for me so I don't even get to trade for a silver!

;-; You guys with Silvers are so lucky.

Edit: biggrin.gif I was gifted a Silver! All my hugs to Derranged! Now hatch like I influenced you little one! And I will be one step closer to my goals!

Edited by TwilitProphet

Breeding schedule for the Gold hoard is way off wack now with exam studying and being blocked up with eggs but either way I am nearly exasperated at how well the metallics are breeding. Still around 40 Golds left to breed just waiting on a batch to hatch before I can start breeding for more.

Current total is 237.

Edited by defrog

Bred a total of 14 silvers and golds, about half of them produced an egg and of course none was a metallic dry.gif

Saw a CB Silver and missed it, as usual. Granted, I've decided half the reason I can't catch them is I can't resist loading up on other eggs. So many pretties! My grabby hands are too grabby. ninja.gif

I hope I can get a gold out of my shadow walker x gold stair step. I've been trying for ages. If I do, I'll be quite happy <3

Saw a CB Silver and missed it, as usual. Granted, I've decided half the reason I can't catch them is I can't resist loading up on other eggs. So many pretties! My grabby hands are too grabby. ninja.gif

I hope I can get a gold out of my shadow walker x gold stair step. I've been trying for ages. If I do, I'll be quite happy <3

At least you've seen one! As far as I'm concerned, CB Silvers are a myth. A myth I say! xd.png

At least you've seen one!  As far as I'm concerned, CB Silvers are a myth.  A myth I say!  xd.png

I'm with you, Amazon_warrior. I've been here three and a half years and I've never seen a metal in the cave. Definitely a myth. laugh.gif

I've seen one CB silver before, a long time ago, but I was locked and watched it sit there for over 30 seconds .-.

As for breedings... Bred one gold and one silver, out of my one gold female and 4 silver males (those are my totalling 5 metals xd.png), as well as TWO black alts! One sitting one curled :'D Hopefully the curled genders for my lineage project correctly...

Traded for a 3rd gen gold, 5th gen bronze tinsel.

Is it just me, or have all the ratios changed a little? Seems alts are more common atm, as well as neglected happenings and all...

EDIT: As well as trios, I've bred over 15 to the ap in just this week's breeding.

Edited by sunsteps88

ive had amazing metalic catching luck in the AP all 3 tinsels and a regular silver within like not even an hour

I was so happy to finally have a baby from Cherry Pomegranate & Blackmist Knightmare. I've been trying for months. ♥♥

I also got a two more Silvers and one Gold. I'm totally excited! I was hoping with this "Gold Rush" I could put up a pretty decent trade for a Second Generation Gold, but still no luck. Going to try for an Even-Gen Third Generation tomorrow. It's really the only dragon I need now (well, since I've basically given up on finding a CB Gold anytime, ever).

Still hoping this will last. FFA'd two metals today :3