arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I...I....I.. I saw a CB gold in the cave. Couldn't catch it, but it was the first I have ever seen and it was beautiful! Lol I think the cave is broken. Two GW, three seasonals, and at least four Royal blues and a black had all just gone through the cave in a row.

I...I....I.. I saw a CB gold in the cave. Couldn't catch it, but it was the first I have ever seen and it was beautiful! Lol I think the cave is broken. Two GW, three seasonals, and at least four Royal blues and a black had all just gone through the cave in a row.

ive seen atleast 3 CB golds and 2 CB silvers in the last 2 days lol, Last night i saw 3 CB Gws in less than 5 minutes... i almost had a heartattack, but couldnt catch any metals cause i was egglocked unfortunately sad.gif

Something is definitely up--I bred 7 Metals today, when usually I'm lucky to get one per week.

'Course, all but one of them were from messies, despite half of my Metal population being pretty. Figures. :l

missed another CB Gold! >.< ive seen sooo many in the cave, always miss em by a second, so aggravating xd.png

One of my silvers produced today but the last egg was like 3 months ago so nothing unusual here.

Bred another silver today but that was one out of about 9 golds and 10 silvers I tried to get that one. Most of the golds (around 6 of them) also gave an egg, just not a gold egg (either a black egg or a white stripe).

Same here! I have ONE CB Gold (been here since '08 and the only reason I have even the one B metal is due to the extreme gracious gifting of Ms. Skauble) that has only given me one gold egg in the however long I've had her, so I sure hope this keeps up til I'm un-egg-locked. But knowing the success rate of my weyr........

It's not a coincidence.  It was EXPECTED.  Remember last year at this time TJ released 2 new dragon breeds. 

Anytime there is a new release (let alone 2 new breeds), that causes the ratios for all dragon breeds to go off kilter (always the most noticeable for metallics and popular breeds like Blacks) so there was a surge in gold/silver successes at this time last year to balance it out.  Individual dragons stop counting towards the ratios after 1 year .. so that means all those golds born last year during the release are no longer counting towards gold ratios.  The breeding success now is because the ratio just needed to be balanced again.

How long does this niceness last?

ETA: Doesn't this rain of metals/blacks/nebulas etc prove that the ratios need tweaking so that this 'richness' is spread over the year? Not that I'm complaining about all the pretties. Just sayin'

Edited by oddsoxdi

Breed ten metalics, all I've got is a 2nd gen black from silver.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Ive bred only one gold tinsel ):, got a nice gold from a trade but thats about it.

All the other things i bred were either stripes or blacks. Maybe next week ill get some nice metallics? haha, i hope the ratios will still be here by then.

I have been sitting at the cave and looking at those cb metals popping up almost every hour and can't do a thing since I am locked with shinies myself. LOL ...

I am happy with the feast but I also hope that this *ratio* thingy can be tweaked so that we don't have to rejoice now and cry tears of drought later in the year.

I haven't seen a CB metal yet, but I've seen 2 CB black and one CB gold wyvern...I also managed to get a CB stripe. I'll be checking in often to see if I can't snag one.

I've saw one CB gold yesterday (which I missed), plenty of GWs and Blacks. I'd love to trade for the CB golds being offered in trading, but I never have what they ask for on hand (or what they want is what I need myself). I'm at a disadvantage as well because I refuse to do IOUs.

I may have to just try breeding my tinsels when I have more egg space for trade fodder and try my luck that way....

Third silver for me today smile.gif

Edited by Nanah

Only two metalfails for me today; apparently my dragons didn't get the memo. sad.gif

Arly, where are you looking? I haven't seen one since the day before yesterday. o..0

For myself, I need 3 CB silvers for my scroll goal, but I can't seem to snatch them when I see them, and the only ones I've seen on offer want things I can't pay (even with IOUs, since people who do them tend not to for CB metals).

Arly, where are you looking? I haven't seen one since the day before yesterday. o..0

These suckers are like blink and you missed it. I've seen them in 3 biomes mostly, Alphine/Coast/Desert. The Alphine moves really fast and when I am unlocked, I plan to hold a vigil there. xd.png

--------------------------

The problem with the the abundance of metal all of a sudden is that metals will depreciate in value fast! I've been checking the trading trades and I've seen the same metal posts being listed again and again. I don't know how rubyshoes is going to keep up with those delete and repost trades but they are starting to becoming a nuisance to me. dry.gif

I honestly can't believe this; bred my first Silver and a Gold Tinsel without any hesitation. I am wary like the rest of you. I wonder how long this will last?

Haven't seen any in the cave, but I did manage to breed a Silver from my CB SilverxGold. First time I've ever been able to get an egg out of them.

Well, never mind, just picked up the first CB metal I've seen in years.

Edited by Alpha Gryph

I should of bred it with a Holiday or something to make sure I got a metal... I was trying to keep it's lineage somewhat clean by breeding it with the main thing in it's lineage, blacks... oh well.

So I got unlocked and bred my CB Gold, Aperture's Combustible Lemons...and he gave me a Magi. Figures that I get to miss out on the fun 'cause my dragons are butts. dry.gif