7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Why does everyone love mega Garchomp? It's got that weird chin, those spikes look like a zipper, and they gave it Scyther claws.

I like it because it's a shark mantis dinosaur that also kind of looks like a pirate

It's silly

Edited by Pika_Oi

Also, you know. Garchomp. Mega. It's like 8 year old paradise. I'm not too big on it, but I don't hate it, either.

Why does everyone love mega Garchomp? It's got that weird chin, those spikes look like a zipper, and they gave it Scyther claws.

I don't, but I don't like any of the Megas so far... unsure.gif

Yeah, but how many people here are 8?

I was actually beginning to like megas, but not so sure. I'm on the line. (I, however, can't stand most of the type changes.)

I think all the megas are 8-year-old paradise. (Some are cool though.) Game Freak didn't even need to change the designs much really, they could have given them all blue stripes, tacked "mega" on their names, and given them a slight boost to their stats. BAM, all the 8-year-olds love 'em. (I personally don't think there's much special about 8-year-olds, I'm just continuing to use that age due to the earlier usage of it.)

... Dude do you not get the concept of a joke or

also, you know

I was referring to "mentally 8" too. >_> Going by half the most vocal fans I'd say that they're all mentally 8 years old at the oldest

... Dude do you not get the concept of a joke or

also, you know

I was referring to "mentally 8" too. >_> Going by half the most vocal fans I'd say that they're all mentally 8 years old at the oldest

i'm actually more like mentally 3.

I like mega garchomp just because it's

mega

garchomp

i think regular garchomp looks goofy too but i still love it uwu

Edited by Switch

Haha I was 8 when the game first came to America.

I have to agree the megas are an 8 year old's dream come true

Because, I totally, drew charizard, with spikes, all over it, when I was 8.

True.

/Mega charizard ripped off my art (JK)

I vaguely remember drawing a mewtwo (well, mewthree is what I called it) that looked like mega mewtwo x, but it also had spikes on it.

/8 year old girl who drew spikes on monsters and stuff

All my Fakemon when I was 8 had spikes and claws and CRIED BLOOD I'm pretty sure my 8 year old assertion is coming from good authority over here

When I was 8, I'd not even heard of Pokemon.

Am I the only one? D:

Am I the only one? D:

@rampaging wyvern: I'd answer that, but I'd have to show my age. wink.gif

On a separate note, I hope (but do not expect) that being able to dye and customize your own Pokemon is not limited to just Furfrou.

XD Can't believe I've never posted here. I've certainly been stalking it enough.

I don't get the dislike of Chespin's evo - it's a conker! 8D And that's amazing!

user posted image

^ Conker in its shell.

So it'll become a Spiky Ball of Doom or something. ^^

Keep in mind, though, that yeah--kids like in the 8-ish range, are important to Pokemon. The games keep pulling in new, younger fans. So as we older fans start to age, we might get less interested, but they just need to keep pulling in younger fans.

So, those little brats are special.

I was into it around the 8-ish age, too, though I didn't really make fakemon until years later. xd.png Mine are all stashed somewhere, and are terrible and will likely never see the light of day unless I get around to doing proper art of that Holy Squid thing.

Am I the only one? D:

Not really, I mean I'd heard mention of it before like once or twice, but had no real idea what it was. I didn't really start being interested in it at all until 2011. (13 years old.)

I've been interested since RS/E

Now the only gen of games I don't have are gen one, if you don't count FR/LG (thanks to my lovely best friend who gave me a copy of Gold)

My brothers and I have been on board with Pokemon since it first came out. xd.png We looved the fact that there were three starters - we all choose a different one ( to this day! ) and try to kick each other's butts.

So far.. I think we have every one of the main franchise games.

I've been playing since I was three (which would be about three years after the release of Gen I in the US) |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

I've been playing since I was three (which would be about three years after the release of Gen I in the US) |D

B'awww. <3 We were a bit older than that - I was around 8 when it came out.

Kids were so fascinated and easily amused back then - we would pass the game, restart it, and then have a blast playing over.

Today? I wouldn't erase my Pokemon files if you paid me, and if I did I'd just spend a week trading all the Pokemon on it to another game to trade back, lmao! In that, though, I don't really play them all as much as I'd like to because I've done everything on them.

Hrm, at all rather than in the US that is, I had my dates wrong (bad with years) :L

(About three years after it came out in the US is about when my brother started playing though |D)

I think I started with Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap before eventually actually acquiring Pokemon Yellow about a year or two later :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

Hrm, at all rather than in the US that is, I had my dates wrong (bad with years) :L

(About three years after it came out in the US is about when my brother started playing though |D)

I think I started with Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap before eventually actually acquiring Pokemon Yellow about a year or two later :V

Oh lmao! I see. ^-^

Pokemon Stadium brings back soo many memories, omg. We have most of the Stadiums, but the first two were the best, imo. I had Blue, and my other two brothers had Red and Yellow.

With X and Y, we will probably all choose different starts again, but one of them was complaining about the water type ( the one who always chooses the water type. ) so the flow of things may be messed up this time. Froakie is cute, though I doubt he wants a cute starter, LMAO. I think all their evolutions so far are nice, though. I'm sticking with grass despite the general appeal of Fennekin/Braixen - I mean, how can you mess up a Pokemon that looks like a fox in its first stages? xd.png Chespin is cute and I don't mind that. It may end up being a good wall or sweeper, which are always lovely.

I've been watching the anime for as long as I can remember, and the first games I played were Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Gold. ... I still play Stadium with my whole family. =P Why, lord, why did they never make a Stadium 3?! Why all the Coliseum and X D stuff that wasn't anywhere near as fun? ;-;

Also, yes, exactly, SmileyPerson gets it. cool.gif

Edited by Zovesta

So what do you think the special announcement will be on monday (the pokemon facebook page mentioned it)?

I'm really, really hoping they'll announce on the trademark they filed for, Pokken Fighters, which would be a fighter game. And I really, really want that game. I will go buy a Wii U for that game alone.

Either that or it'll be like playable demo on eShop, that would be nice too I guess xd.png

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

SCREAMS LOUDLY EVERYTHING IS GREAT GOSH I'M GOING TO DIE

I started playing Pokemon in gen 4 sooooo I'm not as experienced as most people apparently :T I did spend the first 8 years of my life in China and Chinese translations of anything are generally terrible so

BUT GUH I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE'S OPINION EVERYTHING IS ///SO GOOD///