7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

THAT ANNUAL PAYMENT THOUGH!!! I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT. MAYBE JUST ONE TIME. ANd what do they mean by cheated Pokémon? I use my action replay to catch Pokémon and that's it.

THAT ANNUAL PAYMENT THOUGH!!! I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT. MAYBE JUST ONE TIME. ANd what do they mean by cheated Pokémon? I use my action replay to catch Pokémon and that's it.

If I have to pay for transfering my old pokemon to the new ones, I swear I will use the action replay too, I pay the game and I don`t want to pay extra service because I just want to have my old pokemon with me... this is stupid. mad.gif

If I have to pay for transfering my old pokemon to the new ones, I swear I will use the action replay too, I pay the game and I don`t want to pay extra service because I just want to have my old pokemon with me... this is stupid. mad.gif

Then use the trial period. Start deciding now what ones you want and use the free trial period to transfer them.

I am so excited for the new ones. Doesn't sound bad at 5 a month to do that. Do they explain what happens if you stop paying for a bit? Like do the pokemon get deleted or no?

Then use the trial period. Start deciding now what ones you want and use the free trial period to transfer them.

I am so excited for the new ones. Doesn't sound bad at 5 a month to do that. Do they explain what happens if you stop paying for a bit? Like do the pokemon get deleted or no?

That's what I was saying. DO they just stay there til I pay? Cuz I'd be fine with that, only pay when I need it. THAT TRIAL PERIOD IS WHAT I'D USE! But again, what is their definition of cheated Pokémon? If I used an action replay to catch it only, is that cheating?

That's what I was saying. DO they just stay there til I pay? Cuz I'd be fine with that, only pay when I need it. THAT TRIAL PERIOD IS WHAT I'D USE! But again, what is their definition of cheated Pokémon? If I used an action replay to catch it only, is that cheating?

This is always cheating when you use it.

EDIT: And did anyone honestly expect anything more than bigger guns on Blastoise? I wish they'd done better, but could you really expect any more?

Spikes. Like Bowser.

Though I don't mind Mega Blastoise; Mega Charizard barely looks any different to me. :\ And I am admittedly not impressed with any of the Mega forms so far. If the plot and gameplay end up terrible because they were adding bleh-looking Mega Forms to 100+ Pokemon, I'm going to be very irritated.

Yah action replay is a form of cheating. Basically if you didn't catch it/evolve in-game or get it from an official event (or trade from someone who originally got it either of those two ways) then it's not a legit pokemon.

Mostly because you can use AR to get any stats or natures on your pokemon. So if you used that pokemon in a tournament, you would have an unfair advantage over someone who had to breed crazy amounts of eggs or catch loads of pokemon to get the stats/natures/etc. they needed.

Even though you personally may not participate in the tournaments or global stuff, they have to do it because too many people are using hacked/cheated pokemon in tournaments. It's kind of a the few wrecked it for the many.

From the demo review I heard the megas are total sweepers. It's definitely going to change some strategy in battle.

You could probably use a legality checker of some kind to see if your cheated Pokemon would go under the radar, unless they have absurd stats or impossible moves or something there's a chance they'll be fine. If their data looks enough like that of a legit Pokemon the transferrer thing probably won't be able to tell the difference. :V

I don't know about it if you use it to catch them, though, the location would probably give it away :L

(If you're savvy with it you can always transfer the .pkm files for your mons onto a computer (using ir-gts if you don't have some kind of hardware for it) and then just use PokeGen or something to change the location so it looks legit though...)

Edited by Pika_Oi

You could probably use a legality checker of some kind to see if your cheated Pokemon would go under the radar, unless they have absurd stats or impossible moves or something there's a chance they'll be fine. If their data looks enough like that of a legit Pokemon the transferrer thing probably won't be able to tell the difference. :V

I don't know about it if you use it to catch them, though, the location would probably give it away :L

(If you're savvy with it you can always transfer the .pkm files for your mons onto a computer (using ir-gts if you don't have some kind of hardware for it) and then just use PokeGen or something to change the location so it looks legit though...)

Okay, thank you, because I use Pokegen to create LEGAL Pokémon that are otherwise unobtainable. I put legitimate locations on them, is that sliding under the radar worthy?

What, like event pokemon? That's the only case I could see a generator being acceptable. However it still is not a legit pokemon because you used a program to make it.

Personally through incredible amount of work I've completed my pokedex with all non-event pokemon (still missing jirachi, never worked that trade out) (And thanks to all the recent events I've gotten all the event pokemon minus jirachi anyway). I spanned across many generations to do it (don't talk to me about the poke transfer system with the game thing because ughhhhhhhh). I've even got some pokemon from coliseum and Gale of Darkness

If anything, you can download the free 30 day trial and see if you can transfer. If you can't, then you wouldn't have paid anything to find out.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Little blurb via serebii

http://serebii.net/bank/ (for the cloud system)

http://serebii.net/xy/poketransporter.shtml (for the transfer system)

Basically the transfer system, which you use to transfer your DS pokemon (5th gen and under) to your 3DS system, has a feature that prevents pokemon obtained illegitimately from being uploaded.

Also on the official website

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.
Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Okay, thank you, because I use Pokegen to create LEGAL Pokémon that are otherwise unobtainable. I put legitimate locations on them, is that sliding under the radar worthy?

Most likely.

https://www.pokecheck.org/

This is useful for checking legality (or at least if everything LOOKS like that of a legit Pokemon even if it isn't really), if everything checks out there you're probably fine :V

The PokeTransfer is a free service. The PokeBank, however, is not, and with good reason. A cloud system requires a LOT of space, and with people uploading a lot of data into the cloud, they need a certain checker to make sure people don't just use it once and then abandon it with data still floating around. All cloud systems are like this; they are all paid (annually at the very least) services. And it's only five dollars a YEAR, it's not a big deal.

The Poketransfer is free and is an app that piggybacks onto Pokebank. You need Pokebank in order to use Poketransfer because the transfer pulls the Pokemon from your gen 5 games and places them into the cloud storage, from which you can then pull into X/Y. There is really no other way for them to do this.

Now; I'm really into the Kanto Megas. At first I wasn't sure, but I think Blastoise looks wicked cool and Charizard looks neat. Venusaur didn't get much of a change in my eyes so I'm not totally impressed, but I certainly like it better than I had before.

This however presents a problem, as I now have an all-fire type team. ;n;

This however presents a problem, as I now have an all-fire type team. ;n;

What's wrong with an all-Fire type team? If Mega Charizard has Drought, even normal Charizard can learn Solar Beam (strong vs. Rock, Water, Ground), not to mention Earthquake (strong vs. Rock) and Brickbreak (strong vs. Rock, plus other things Charizard isn't weak to). I'm sure you could come up with a viable team with only Fire Pokemon. smile.gif

I'm assuming they're doing this Poketransfer/Pokebank thing for people who only have a 3DS, however, I own a DS AND a 3DS and have used both systems to transfer from Black to Black 2. Is there a specific reason why I can't do this between Black 2 and X? They've allowed older-platform games to trade with newer before, so why would there be a problem now?

Actually, they haven't.

Gold/silver and Red/Blue were both Gameboy titles. They could not trade with Ruby/Sapphire.

You also can't trade between gen 3 and 4. You can only send Pokémon on a one way trip.

Finally, Diamond/Pearl and Black/White are both DS games, while X/Y are 3DS titles.

Each time the games went to a new console, Gamefreak rebuilt the game's engine from the ground up, resulting in meaning that there are differences in how the Pokémon are stored.

I'm assuming they're doing this Poketransfer/Pokebank thing for people who only have a 3DS, however, I own a DS AND a 3DS and have used both systems to transfer from Black to Black 2. Is there a specific reason why I can't do this between Black 2 and X? They've allowed older-platform games to trade with newer before, so why would there be a problem now?

So wait they cannot be transferred through normal trade between B/W/B2/W2 to X/Y? I didn't really want to use the cloud storage because I don't think many of my pokemon on any game will be transferred to it as they are brand new but I wouldn't mind helping a friend out that needed it cuz they cannot get the cloud storage.

Also has it been confirmed it's only $5 a year? If that's the case maybe my one friend can use it after all. I haven't much info yet on it.

Okay apparently this is on Serebii and not Marriland. >_<

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

No, because the different platform games cannot connect to each other; the older ones simply don't have the mechanics for it. They have to create a new system where the pokemon are pulled from one platform and stored on another; for X/Y, it seems the only way they were able to viably do this is to have a 3DS ap that pulls the pokemon from regular DS games and converts them to 3DS storage compatibility by placing them in the cloud storage. The pokemon cannot go directly from a DS game to a 3DS game, the data would not transfer.

This again helps my theory that we'll get the Hoenn remakes this gen, because we have access to the gen 1 starters, (In X/Y Woo-Hoo!) gen 2 starters, (Trade from Heart Gold/Soul Silver) gen 4 starters, and Gen 5 starters, but not gen 3's.

You can get Gen 3 starters in HG/SS.

I would love a Hoenn remake though <3