7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

So apparently there are Mega Pokémon now, huh? How do you get them to Mega-Evolve (or whatever it is)?

I wouldn't say ugly...

Blastoise is my favorite Kanto starter, and one of the things I liked was the twin cannons. (IDK why, they're just cool.) And having just the one big one doesn't seem like an improvement to me. (And don't tell me those stubby water pistols on it's arms are cannons, they aren't.)

(For Mega Blastoise) They definitely aren't. The official description (via pokemon website) says the two shoulder cannons merged, so the two arm guns are like, grew on their own...

So yes, on the transfer thing, just like when you transferred pokemon from RSE & FR/LG (your GB Advance games) to the DS games (DPP) you could not trade them back, it was a one way transfer. This is the same thing. You cannot transfer your pokemon back.

Part of this is because system capabilities, the other reason is because of new moves and new pokemon. The only case where they have ever negated this was the transfer system through Pokemon Stadium 2 where it prevented new pokemon or new moves on an old pokemon from being transferred from GSC to a RBY game cartridge.

Theoretically they could do this with a transfer app as well. But the new generations have added way more than just new pokemon and new moves. They would have to have a way to block new natures, new abilities, new stats, held items, etc from being transferred back. It was probably too complex or due to lack of profitability not worked on and just stuck with the old way of "one way trade".

I've got Hoenn starters from well, Hoenn xd.png If you look at their stats they say something like "this pokemon has made a long travel through time".

(Because they got transferred from Ruby to Pearl, then from Pearl to Black)

I think that's part of the reason they haven't made a Hoenn remake, is because with some patience and time you can actually transfer all Hoenn pokemon to Gen 4 and then to Gen 5 (and then to Gen 6).

Whereas Gold and Silver could not do this (since they never had a way for Game Boy/Game Boy color games to communicate with GameBoy Advance games). So they had to make a remake for people to complete the dex.

Although, technically, for the super-ambitious, after FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald came out, you could actually get all the Gen 2 pokemon if you also transferred pokemon obtained from Coliseum and Gale of Darkness. (I've got a Ho-oh and Lugia from that method actually. I didn't play the game though, they're extras from my brother, because he is insane awesome and has played through those twice to get two sets of them). Heartgold/SoulSilver technically wasn't needed to complete the dex, I just think it made it a little easier for those who didn't want to play through spin-off games to get everything.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I don't really care about completing my Pokedex in X/Y, at least not yet. But I would like to have the option to transfer Pokemon later than the first month. (I could pay for the service every once in a while when I had a lot of stuff to transfer, but there's no way my parents would let me/get around to talking about letting me.)

Yah I agree, waiting a month is a little annoying. Sometimes if I'm having difficulties in the game I'll trade in a pokemon from another version (at least a bred version so I can still stay within the same levels)

I like that it stops cheated Pokemon, and I think the cloud storage thing is nice for those who want it. But I think there should be a secondary way of transferring Pokemon. I might not even be able to get the game until next February, so yeah. No Chatot transferring for me. dry.gif

I knew about the Mega Evolution before, but I only bothered to see what it actually was last night. Personally, super saiyan pokemon sounds hilarious.

Am I honestly the only one here who doesn't have a problem with this at all?

Well, kinda. I'm 50/50 on megas.

And on a vaguely related note, am I the only one who thinks that Mage-Charizard could pass off as a new Ridley incarnation? I mean, I just noticed that.

...I actually really like megas as a whole, especially the mechanic. Except Ampharos. Wig ≠ dragon. Also annoyed that Mega Charizard isn't dragon type, but it's not the end of the world.

...I actually really like megas as a whole, especially the mechanic. Except Ampharos. Wig ≠ dragon. Also annoyed that Mega Charizard isn't dragon type, but it's not the end of the world.

excuse u ampharos is best mega D:< the hair man the haaiiirrr

I like the megas! It's probably going to take me some getting used to but I like them. uwu Don't have a favorite yet, but Charizard's pretty cool.

Edited by Switch

I don't mind the megas, I think it will be an interesting twist to the battle system. The fact that it only lasts through battle makes me feel better about it.

Though, I still think they really took a page from Digimon on this one....

(not that I dislike digimon, I mean, really, honestly, you know, my avatar and sig and all xd.png)

It's just a bit...

Charizard, digi----er... pokevolve toooooooo MegaCharizard!!

And I am I seeing someone hating on Amphabulous's hair? No. Amphabulous is just, that hair. Perfection.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I spent like five straight minutes last night laughing at Ampharos. I already love that line but I normally don't evolve my Flaaffy. Now I'll have to so I can battle with LUSCIOUS LOCKS OF PAIN. The others are kinda boring IMO, but I'm used to that with a lot of Pokes so *shrug*

So I have my starter choices all figured out.

I'm going to choose Fennekin as my Kalos starter, Squirtle as my Kanto starter, and breed a new Snivy in Black and transfer it to Y for a third starter from Unova.

You guys shouldn't choose Fennekin as your starter if you have wifi. There's an event torchic with its mega stone so that's a free fire type awesome pokemon. Unless you think Blaziken sucks.

You can't tell me what I should or should not choose.

Torchic started off the accursed fire Fighting starter trend. It's EVIL!!!

I wasn't planning on choosing Fennekin anyways but I'm not planning on actually using Torchic either :L

I may have to use Froakie AND Squirtle if I can't hold myself back and choose Bulbasaur instead though |D

Off topic, but I found a wild Pokémon with Pokerus, in White 2 I will trade it for something good.

~Taken care of; please report necessary posts instead of posting in the future~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Pokerus isn't even worth that much in the trading world because it spreads. A lot of people consider it a common courtesy to infect a Pokemon before trade anyway.

Ampharos's mega isn't completely out of the blue. It's Japanese name literally means "Electric dragon" :U

Also I'm a big fan of all of the megas. I never really liked Blastoise but I think its Mega looks super awesome. At first I wasn't sure about Charizard's, but now I love it |D

and I'm probably choosing Fennekin and Charmander and still using Torchic. I have finally accepted the fact that I'll be using an all fire type team first play through. u_u

Though we still don't know what the final evolutions look like, I still think I'm choosing Chespin.

As for the Kanto starters...ahndelangerkabeka I've always loved both Bulbasaur and Charmander (Bulbasaur more so than Charmander, but Charizard more so than Venusaur). In my Diamond, SoulSilver and White version games, I defeated the E4 and champion without evolving any of my Pokemon...if I decide to do that again, I might end up with Bulbasaur. ._.

So far, my team's looking like:

Chespin

Bulbasaur or Charmander

Noivern

Pancham (I haven't had a fighting-type in my team for a loooong time)

Inkay

sixth slot still open (I was thinking Gogoat, but I really shouldn't go mostly-grass team >.> )

I want more 'mon revealsssss- D:

Ampharos's mega isn't completely out of the blue. It's Japanese name literally means "Electric dragon" :U

Also I'm a big fan of all of the megas. I never really liked Blastoise but I think its Mega looks super awesome. At first I wasn't sure about Charizard's, but now I love it |D

and I'm probably choosing Fennekin and Charmander and still using Torchic. I have finally accepted the fact that I'll be using an all fire type team first play through. u_u

I think it's more likely that they were going for "electric current" than "electric dragon" but there's really no way to tell.

You guys shouldn't choose Fennekin as your starter if you have wifi. There's an event torchic with its mega stone so that's a free fire type awesome pokemon. Unless you think Blaziken sucks.

There's my predicament. I already have a Blaziken from emerald who is level 100 and awesome and I love him but this new torchic has that ability that I really want?? ;n;

Also are the mega stones removable because if they are I'll probably just end up giving it to Rod and stuffing the event torchic in a box because I can't give up my blaziken aaaa

also i don't want to train it to lvl 100 again and i won't be able to nickname it either will i

I'm picking Fennekin, Torchic or not, I always pick the fire starters. uwu

Although I also already have a charizard that's shiny. So I don't want to get another charmander. unu

But I can't decide if I should get Bulbasaur or Squirtle. I'm leaning towards Bulbasaur. What do you guys think? ono

Edited by Switch

Bulbasaur...because adorable.

I hope mega stones are removable. I'd rather use my old 'mons. ._.