7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I'm just teasing wink.gif

{snip snip}

I know wink.gif

I'm switching around pokemon and deciding who to keep... Mawile I may yet still keep... yet I'm failing at having Gengar put out Trick Room... and the poor fragile Mega is too frail to tank much. Nature of the beast. But the EV I'm running (I can't give numbers for the life of me) is mainly Attack... Defense and Special Defense pretty maxed out (they're in the higher teirs of the circle thingy) with a tinge of Speed just cuz...

and once I can get Trick Room up, well, everyone's dead anyways.... especially if I can get a Swords Dance off beforehand and then there's no hope. Ever.

So yeah, I may keep her xd.png

But Charzy I need to fix the EV spread on.... I kinda talored his to a normal Zard instead of Y, which I kinda like better but I probably wont keep the poor soul if I end up keeping Mawile.

Gengar's spot-fodder until I figure out who I need in his place...

Tentacruel... well, can wreak havoc himself if someone is really unlucky enough to be fighting him that day (he's tanked more than half your team before Master and I've yet to figure out how... and doing so seems to be 80-20 on whether he tanks teams or not. He took out three legends himself after a long strewn out battle.... Thunder hits and everything, that jellyfish didn't die xd.png ) and is more there to set-up, spin and maybe get off a burn or five... and confuse for the heck of it. His spread isn't anything special invested into the attacks. Mostly Defense and Special Defense and Speed, as well as a bit of HP spread there. But that thing tanked hits before i did that xd.png

Tyrantrum is there for spot-fodder too until I either decide to keep him, and thus really give him a makeover, or swap him for something else.

Zoroark copied Tyrantrum from my team (due to Illusion- which I didn't realize he had... never having used him this game and I didn't look) so I was wondering how that was going to play out... imunities dont cary through on copies apparently, but the trickery involved with it sure seemed to work out well wink.gif

Lanturn's lanturny... I'll pry keep him... even though he doesn't tank as well as Tentacruel and his speed's not anything to boast about. He does well enough... I might rearange his EV spread too (which is pretty widely spread out...) to focus more on everything he needs.

I threw in Fearow for the same reason I threw in Zoroark... testing out new pokes that I had lying around that were lvl 50.... and Fearow's frail. But also not trained at all (was actually freshly caught when it swooped down on me moments before....) though I may just keep him in order to mess with all the Ghosters out there xd.png

I feel like I forgot someone.... *shrugs*

So yeah... you're team is very nice Master. I'm always happy to just be win-fodder for you if you need practice smile.gif It helps me in the end.

Does Gengar have max Speed EVs? You should also get him/her a Timid nature (I.E. You need one entirely dedicated to Trick Room if you're gonna use it for that) Put everything into outspeeding your opponents for that Trick Room. Hell, you could even give it a Choice Scarf if you wanted (Though I wouldn't actually recommend it)

A better option would be Bronzong. It can tank hits for Trick Room, so even a faster Pokemon won't be problematic for it. And it can utilize it itself, whereas Gengar has to switch out or it's dead

EDIT: I'm getting pretty good at this whole "competitive battling" thing tongue.gif So if you ever need some assistance with movesets or EV spreads or anything, feel free to PM me or contact me on Skype happy.gif (I also completely understand if you want to do it by yourself though. It's fun)

Anyone need a 4IV Jolly Absol? It's missing Special Attack and Defense (which may or may not be good anywhales) I don't want it, so I figure I'll offer it to someone who might use it ^^

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I'm pretty pretty sure my Gengar has a Timid nature. But it's talored more toward the Mega section of the EVs due to me being exactly unsure how I wanted to use it... it works very very well as a normal Gengar without Trick Room though *shrugs*

I've thought about Bronzong or other 'slower' pokes to ultilize Trick Room... but I've also found myself quite able to predict people's choices for moves if I fail at getting "The Room" up... using Sucker Punch.

I used to do tons of competitive battling when I had diamond and pearl (platinum was my prime actually) but I fell out of it after those... so 'getting back into it' has taken some time xd.png plus, I enjoy using pokemon I like, not necessarily what is 'best' for one thing or the other.

But I appreciate the offer Master for the help, I'll pry strike you up on it just for a sounding board or something eventually wink.gif

I started doing competitive stuff in Gen V. I was bored one day and decided to read through Serebii's PoTW section. It all went somewhere on the hill from there

Yeah, you're good at finding suckers to punch tongue.gif Trick Room in still useful though. Bronzong is basically the best Trick Room setter in OU. Trick Room is like Rapid Spin, there's like three Pokemon that do it really well, and nothing else even comes close

And hmm, you know, the Jolly one might only be 3IV, derp. I know 33 and 34, both Calm, are 4IV. I have a lot of 4IV ones actually... But I haven't hatched an Adamant nature, and both the Adamants I have aren't so good IV-wise (One is average in everything, the other has two perfects and two zeros)

I'm still working out my final team ATM. Right now I've got mega Absol planned for my lead (Decided not to wait on Pokebank for the Prince to do my Magic Bouncing) Mismagius as my main Special Sweeper. Meganium for a Toxistaller. Tyranitar for a Tank. A Rapid Spinner of some kind. And probubbly an Annoyer to finish out (Something fast with Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave, methinks) Though that might be another special attacker since my team seems largely physical. Though I might run Starmie as my Spinner and Scizor as my filler slot (depends on Cizayox's IVs)

EDIT: You know DH, you're quite the natural at battling. I have yet to encounter anyone else who can out-predict me (Though you don't have much competition. I've spammed alternating Grass Knots and Surfs with Eggy and had people fail to predict it) I think that once you get a nice team together you'll be a force to be reckoned with (Ooh, I just had a name idea. Gotta finish putting together my angel of death first though...)

Has anyone here completed the national pokedex? I'm really close to completing it but I need the dex data for Deoxys, Arceus, and Meloetta. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

im pretty close too i currently need

mew , kyorge , groudon , jirachi , deoxys , manaphy , phione , darkrai , arceus , victini , keldeo , meoletta , genesect and giratina

I'm trying to complete the dex, but have no way of obtaining the legendaries.

You don't need the event legends to complete the National Dex. Unless you guys are all aiming for all 718 Pokemon caught. tongue.gif

If you need to borrow Dex data, I don't mind doing it during the weekends. (I'm gonna be busy until then.) Just shoot me a PM with your FC along with a list of the Pokemon you want to borrow. (I'd appreciate it if you try to keep the list as small as possible.) ^^

Also, what pokemon should I use for a defensive team? I'm looking for pokemon that really specialize in surviving for long periods of time, then recovering and continuing to stall.

I'm surprised at all the people that need Meloetta. I'm glad I got Millie from the event, I've seen more people asking for that than Mew

Got Genesect (mostly for Pika, but I needed the dex entry too), so now I just need to finish acquiring all the regular Pokemon and I'll be done (only a couple of months, if I ever get started)

EDIT: @KN

You want good walls? Well, as DH has demonstrated to me repeatedly, Tentacruel is a mean Special Wall, and it gets Rapid Spin. Duskclops is insane on the Defensive side. Gliscor is a good Toxistaller. And, of course, Tyranitar is an insane tank (though it doesn't get any recovery moves, so there's that) Blissey is good enough that people build whole movesets to counter it. Can't really think of a good Special Wall off the top of my head that also has recovery though, sorry

Also, what pokemon should I use for a defensive team? I'm looking for pokemon that really specialize in surviving for long periods of time, then recovering and continuing to stall.

Mega Aggron has excellent defense. I'm not sure if it's on the stalling side, though.

Mega Aggron is a fail at stalling. Aggron is an offensive tank, won't do well surviving long. Tyranitar slightly one-ups it there, though not by much (But even a defensive team needs at least one high-damage dealing Pokemon, in case of Stallbreakers)

My favorite for this role is Skamory. It has a great defense stat plus, it has access to spikes, whirlwind and roost which allows Skarmory to be quite an excellent staller and setting up entry hazards is always helpful. ^^

Whirlwind is useful when your opponent is setting up or if you just want to get some extra damage via your entry hazards first and Roost is especially good in wearing out your opponent. (Especially life orb users.)

For the last attack slot, I go with brave bird for the high attack power + stab so it can handle some threats easily.

@Masterweavile, Some people live in countries that don't have access to the Meloetta event and it being released only as an in-life event... Well, their only hope is getting it from a passerby trade or asking around in Pokemon trade forums. tongue.gif

Edited by ranger X92

Has anyone had issues where their 3DS doesn't want to connect anymore? A friend of mine is asking because someone they know is having a issue like that and it wont pull up the option for it either.

I don't know if this is within the game itself or just the 3DS on it's own so thought I would ask here since it may be for both or just one of'em.

Nvm they got it fixed finally.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

i didnt get my game till after christmas thats why i missed some event pokemon. but seriously if anyone has spare like cloned/hacked meloettas they are willing to let go of for a decent pokemon let me know cuz i really want one of those to keep. also the list of pokemon/data i need now has been reduced to

meloeta , deoxys and arceus

just got a lot of help from someone though so thanks to them.

Edited by linda3.0

I started doing competitive stuff in Gen V. I was bored one day and decided to read through Serebii's PoTW section. It all went somewhere on the hill from there

{snipped but taken into account}

EDIT: You know DH, you're quite the natural at battling. I have yet to encounter anyone else who can out-predict me (Though you don't have much competition. I've spammed alternating Grass Knots and Surfs with Eggy and had people fail to predict it) I think that once you get a nice team together you'll be a force to be reckoned with (Ooh, I just had a name idea. Gotta finish putting together my angel of death first though...)

I've read through those too xd.png they help some.

And I've been at this since I can remember... Played every Pokemon game out there (including Japanese exclusives just cuz) so I hope I'm a natural at least at annoying people with my odd choices for Pokemon xd.png

Half the time I let you beat on Tentacruel, I'm likely bored and enjoying watching the silly jellyfish tank things he should die at xd.png it's very very entertaining....

And I also hope to be "a force to be reckoned with" once I finally complete my team... Using unconventional Pokemon or not xd.png *loves her lanturn*

But thank you master, and may I say, you're one of the toughest trainers I've faced yet. That makes it very very enjoyable to me smile.gif

I like my unusual choices for Pokemon too c: (Mismagius is UU, and Meganium is NU cool.gif )

Of course, Scizor is Gen V's most overused Pokemon in OU (I don't care, my French babe wrecks shop on all those Fairy types)

Thanks. My team still needs work of course. But considering the number of teams my Hydreigon has swept, I'm think I'm pretty well off biggrin.gif *Is beaming with unnecessary pride*

And yet, I still cannot beat this guy. One of these days he shall face my wrath. He shall take back scorning Maddy and insulting ♀s (It would be the best if I could build an all-female team, but I can't afford to be that selective with my angel. Or anything else for that matter)

I keep sending Ocean Vivillions in to GTS for Yveltals...and I get the in five minutes. I've got a hoard of yveltals xd.png

I keep sending Ocean Vivillions in to GTS for Yveltals...and I get the in five minutes. I've got a hoard of yveltals xd.png

-rips through OCEAN BUTTERFLIES-

what would it take to get one :c

/has the high plains seriously why does BC get the ugliest of the butterflies I THOUGHT WE'D GET TUNDRA T_T

im officially only 3 pokemon away from a full dex meloetta , arceus and deoxys ive never been so close lol

Thanks for the help, but I was looking for gen 6 pokemon ^^;

There aren't many good competitive Gen 6 Pokemon compared to last gen though...

The only defensive Gen 6 Pokemon I can think of right now is Aegislash (It's not a staller but more of a set up sweeper) and Sylveon is a good special tank...

@linda, I can lend you those for their Dex data if you want! Just shoot me a PM with your FC. Mine is in my siggy. smile.gif

Carbink is a good defensive Pokemon. I run mine with Toxic, Rest, Protect, and Stealth Rock (though I may or may not change this for Sandstorm). It's got great base defenses.

Stick some Leftovers on it and you're golden.