7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

STILL no luck with shinies. Any tips for how to get one since nothing seems to be working? They seem to all hate me for some reason.

Well... If it makes you feel any better, the offspring will still be considered legit. Plus, I'm sure there are lots of other people who have done the same thing as you. tongue.gif

I feel like one of the only people who wouldn't be happy with it. This is part of the reason I don't trade. It isn't enough for me to know that it had "legit" stats if those stats were likely hacked in.

STILL no luck with shinies. Any tips for how to get one since nothing seems to be working? They seem to all hate me for some reason.

Fish. A lot. Fishing seems to be the easiest way to find shinies. Random Encounters are just that, random. {I've found two in X and not a single shiny of ANY sort in Y.} Have a lead pokemon with Suction Cups {Can be fainted} and fish near rocks/edge of the screen.

Horde battles are probably a close second, though. Have a Sweet Scent pokemon in the Party and use them in a non-rainy Horde location. Some Routes don't HAVE the Horde option, so be wary for that.

I've never been able to chain a shiny, even using Repels and their higher-powered cousins.

Complete the national dex and get the shiny charm is one way. Kill two birds with one stone right there. I heard that with the shiny charm, the chance of getting a shiny with the Masuda method is 1/400.

There is always chain fishing, , hordes, friend safaris, and the Pokeradar, too.

No blue pentagon which means it isn't legit but still. It has awesome stats! wub.gif

Nope the blue pentagon just means it was caught in Kalos region.

All of my transferred pokemon do not have it, and they are all legit. All of my kalos caught pokemon have it. And any of the hatched eggs from my transferred pokemon have the pentagon.

Yah the three kanto birds were in Soul Siver/Heart Gold so either someone was being really generous or they accidentally selected Zapdos.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

the only shiny ive got is a corsola caught in a friend safari tongue.gif. also can someone give me a hand with data? i wanna make trades and then return just to fill the dex since im sure i cant afford to keep anything i need.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone here have their pokedex completed? Sadly, I can't get every pokemon since I lost most of my games ages ago, but I still want to complete it legit this time.... (Dat shiney charm)

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone here have their pokedex completed? Sadly, I can't get every pokemon since I lost most of my games ages ago, but I still want to complete it legit this time.... (Dat shiney charm)

Not I. Some people here DO, but they also don't all still have their pokemon. They GTSed for the dex info and then traded them out for other pokemon that they needed.

I think the only game I've Dex completed might have been Yellow? I'll need to check to see if I remember correctly.

EDIT - Yes. Yellow has 150 pokemon. Red has 146, so it's close. Of course, there's no Mew in either game. It seems Silver, Gold, and Crystal all erased themselves? {All three games only have the "New Game" option anyway, and I NEVER delete my games unless, I'm getting starters for both versions.} Didn't check my other games.

Edited by RicFule

I have yet to complete my Yellow u_u I don't know anyone who owns Blue and I failed with the birds

I finished Pearl (with a minute amount of legend hacking) B2 is about half done. Gotta transfer the other half of Pearl and then breed/level a bit. Kalos is apparently half done. Who knew Wonder Trading could get you 300 species?

I have yet to complete my Yellow u_u I don't know anyone who owns Blue and I failed with the birds

I finished Pearl (with a minute amount of legend hacking) B2 is about half done. Gotta transfer the other half of Pearl and then breed/level a bit. Kalos is apparently half done. Who knew Wonder Trading could get you 300 species?

I have all the games. I knew no one with the games, but my sister and I both had the system, so I got both games {Red & Blue} and then traded back and forth. My first game was actually Yellow, so you KNOW the fun I had at Brock's gym.

Yellow first for me too, don't have Red or Blue, sadly. I didn't have much trouble. He kept using Bide and I just had Pix Tail Whip him a while and then Quick Attacked him a couple times with my Rattata (Or did you mean those Geodude? I think I OHKOed them all >_>)

Yellow first for me too, don't have Red or Blue, sadly. I didn't have much trouble. He kept using Bide and I just had Pix Tail Whip him a while and then Quick Attacked him a couple times with my Rattata (Or did you mean those Geodude? I think I OHKOed them all >_>)

I was meaning the fact that my starter was weak against the Gym pokemon. I don't remember who else I had at the time, but I don't THINK I had any who were super-strong against him. And by that time, I might have gotten rid of Tail Whip. {I don't use non-attack moves normally. With the exception of "Sing" or moves that put the opponent to sleep.}

Do try to keep conversation to the game that is the topic of this thread....

//end reminder

Anywho, i'll be online for as long as my ds lets me smile.gif so if someone wants to battle, i'll be happy to continue my testing of how I can go about things with my team... cuz I still need to fix my team quite badly.

If anybody's wondering how to clone, it's quite simple, yet may take many reattempts to do.

Requirements: 2 3DS's/3DS XL's/2DS's (or any combination of those); two copies of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, or one of each, with the to-be-cloned Pokémon on one and a junk Pokémon that will be deleted on the other; and a stop watch of some sort. A smartphone alarm app works wondrously for the latter.

Step 1: Initiate a trade from the game with the junk Pokémon on it. Let's refer to this one as A for simplicity's sake, and the one with the Pokémon that is going to be cloned as B.

Step 2: Accept the trade from B.

Step 3: Trade the to-be-cloned Pokémon on B for the junk Pokémon on A. Have the stop watch ready.

Step 4: Pay attention to B, which should now be receiving the junk Pokémon, as the trade happens. As soon as the blue screen that says, "Communicating, please stand by..." shows up, start your stop watch and have a finger on the power button of B. As soon as the stop watch gets to about 4.4 or 4.5 seconds, press the power button on B.

Step 5: Relaunch Pokémon X or Pokémon Y on B. Watch A for the error message. One of two messages will appear: A black screen, instructing you to turn off the power; and a blue screen, which will send you back to the game. The former is the desired one. If the black error message occurs, one of three things will happen: the trade will have finished; the Pokémon will remain on their original games; or the Pokémon will be cloned. If the blue screen occurs, the Pokémon will have always completed the trade.

Step 6: Repeat as necessary until the junk Pokémon is replaced by a copy of the Pokémon you intended to clone. Note that reports for the amount of time you should turn the power off vary, but 4.5 second usually works for me. You may have to fiddle with it to get it to work for you, though.

Important note: If the trade finishes, make sure to remember that the game that now contains the junk Pokémon is now A, and the other one is now B.

~

I hope this helps people who want to clone their Pokémon for whatever reason ^^

Edited by PieMaster

I cloned a metric crapton of legendaries a few weeks back when I had my friend's DS. That's how I was able to get most of them even without Pokemon Bank. XD

Though I will say it was more around 4.4 seconds for me to make it work. Hardly a difference, but if I waited any longer, the trade would go through and no clones for me. ;;

I have... a number of Meloettas left over from that that I totally forgot to trade.

Whoops. ovo" And a few 6IV shiny Dittos, too.

Oh, and another note about cloning: The item the Pokemon is holding will be cloned, too.

So.

ALL OF THE ABILITY CAPSULES!

Also, gifting of version-exclusive mega stones 8D

---

Are those Dittos legit, or hacked? O.o

Ugh I HATE it when people have like 3-4 legendaries on their teams. Pisses me off to no end. I can't wait to get my computer back so I can game sync to do restricted battles.

Pie ilu QwQ I still need the houndoomite and the heracite. (No idea if a mega heracross actually exists but tongue.gif)

Edited by Ninetails

I don't know how the heck I'll get a blue blob. I can't Masuda method them. I can't masuda blue letters, either.

Is cloning considered legit...?

I don't see the big deal about legends. I've never had a problem beating them.

Edited by Ultra

To be honest I beat about 70% of the people who use them, but why the heck is yvetal so bulky?

But I guess that's why there is a free battle section so -shrugs-.

I just transferred my shiny Lugia up and played with it in Amie. Lugia's model is sooo cute~

I already have my national Dex completed. (I think I'm the first one on here that completed it. tongue.gif)

And yes, I STILL have every Pokemon with me. I have a living Dex in my game with ALL 718 Pokemon so if you need to borrow any Pokemon for their Dex data, I totally wouldn't mind.

I'm not offering to breed anything right now though. I'm busy hunting for a shiny Gastly (Dat shiny Mega gengar) at the moment.

Ugh I HATE it when people have like 3-4 legendaries on their teams. Pisses me off to no end. I can't wait to get my computer back so I can game sync to do restricted battles.

Pie ilu QwQ I still need the houndoomite and the heracite. (No idea if a mega heracross actually exists but tongue.gif)

user posted image

I'm not into the whole pokemon cloning, I find it more rewarding (or punishing?) to go out and catch/evolve/trade/breed them.

Buuuuuut the idea of cloned megastones is tempting because the silly version exclusive item stuff. It's impossible to trade that on GTS because you can't specify items.

Tyranitarite, Houndoominite, Charizardite Y, Mewtwonite Y, and Heracronite are ones I wouldn't say no to ninja.gif

What is that thing o_o when you first posted that picture I seriously thought you were joking. Oh god that thing is... Beautiful indeed.

I'm not into cloning either. I'm actually surprised at how many people are doing it. Eh.

Ranger thank you very very much! biggrin.gif my trainer name is Eliana, I know I have adde you but what is yours again?

Ranger thank you very very much! biggrin.gif my trainer name is Eliana, I know I have adde you but what is yours again?

Err... I don't think I've added you. My FC is 1220-6797-2348, IGN: Gillian.

Can you PM me your FC along with a list of what Pokemon you would like to trade-tradeback?