7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Carbink is a good defensive Pokemon. I run mine with Toxic, Rest, Protect, and Stealth Rock (though I may or may not change this for Sandstorm). It's got great base defenses.

Stick some Leftovers on it and you're golden.

Oh! Right, there's Carbink too. Is it just me or is Carbink basically this gen's Shuckle?

The bad thing about it is that the opponent can use it as a set-up fodder and there really isn't much you can do about it other than switching it out... Plus, it doesn't have a reliable recovery move... leftovers helps somewhat but I wouldn't rely too much on it.

Its typing also isn't all too great defensively...

I have seen a horribly broken triple battle strategy using Carbink and Shedninja.

The player leads with Carbink on the right, and two Pokémon with high Hp and speed stats. On the first turn, both of these Pokémon use Final gambit to take out the opponents right and middle leads, while Carbink sets up a trick room. Next turn, the player sends out Shedninja, and a slow Pokémon with an ability changing move. The player then gets rid of Shedninja's wonder guard, and has Carbink use skill swap with Shedninja to give it sturdy. Finally, paralyze the Shedninja, to protect it from status moves, and have a Pokémon that knows taunt on standby to prevent the opponent from using moves like leech seed.

Sturdy prevents Pokémon from being knocked out while at full health, leaving them with one Hp. If a pokemon is healed back to full health mid battle, sturdy can activate again. For Shedninja, one Hp is full health, meaning you CANNOT KO it with normal attacks if it has sturdy. Weather and status effects still work though, but you can give Shedninja Safty goggles to hold (Negates weather damage) and deliberately inflict Parylasis on it to prevent other status effects like poison or burn. At this point, the only things that can hurt it are Pokémon with mold breaker, and Leach seed.

Quite possibly, the only way to counter this is on the second turn, before Paralysis is in effect. You would have to have a Pokémon use a status move like poison, burn, or leech seed, before paralysis is in effect.

Thanks for the help, but I was looking for gen 6 pokemon ^^;

Well, you can get pretty much everything I mentioned in Kalos (except maybe Duskclops? That may only be friend Safari) So unless you want an exclusively Gen VI team (which is kind of a bad idea due to the low number of new Pokemon introduced Gen VI), that doesn't mean much

I've been wanting to run a Power Swap Shuckle for so long tongue.gif It's so gimmicky, but it'd be fun to have your opponent's Tyranitar suddenly be doing miniscule amounts of damage xd.png

EDIT: @Sailing

Trick/Switcheroo plus Sandstorm. Anything with Skill Swap. Chesnaut with Spiky Shield. (No wait, I think that may require physical contact) Just off the top of my head, I figure there's more

I hadn't realized you couldn't just directly Skill Swap it on anymore (Or that there was finally a Pokemon with both Skill Swap and Sturdy)

Also, that name on the video xd.png

Edited by MasterWeavile898

So... Diance will star in the new Pokemon movie.

*Crosses fingers for a Diance event soon*

Edit: Oh, and sorry for rejecting your battle invite MasterWeavile! I'm still building my competitive team. m(_ _)m

Edited by ranger X92

That's fine, I'm still working on mine too. I just like showing them off

*Tosses up a Prayer of Fingers Overlapping for Diance as well*

(Though I'd rather a shiny Meloetta >_>)

EDIT: @Sailing

Trick/Switcheroo plus Sandstorm. Anything with Skill Swap. Chesnaut with Spiky Shield. (No wait, I think that may require physical contact) Just off the top of my head, I figure there's more

Taunt stops the opponent from using non attack moves like leech seed, spikey shield, Trick/switcheroo, sandstorm, and skill swap.

You have to get it up first. Not to mention that the opponent could always Taunt you before you Taunt them. Anything with Prankster could beat the Final Gambit Pokemon and Taunt Carbink (which rarely carries any non-status moves anywhales, so it's a useful strategy even without Shedinja) Actually, taking out Carbink at any point before it can use Skill Swap would ruin the whole strategy. It's also wrecked by Mat Block Greninja

It's mostly just a gimmick (As Sturdy Shedinja was last gen too) An experienced battler could see through it pretty easily and it has major weaknesses to many common Triples strategies

Someone pointed out that Diance, the 719th pokemon, is coming out in a movie on July 19th, or 7/19 (for us weirdo Americans).

COINCIDENCE OR PLANNED?

Of course there will be a movie tie in release - there always is (let's just hope it's released globally and not just Japan at first).

Seriously these days events are only released first with the movies (except victini which was a on-release event pokemon)

Yeah... They better do a global event for this one. Genesect still has me a bit steamed :/

Especially when most everyone else got the movie with Red Genesect as well.

Wi-fi events are so easy to set up (I assume. Way easier than sending the little cartridges to gamestop/other stores to distribute that way) that I'm not really sure why they couldn't have done one.

Likewise, Nobunaga's Shiny Rayquaza was released in Japan to celebrate Pokemon Conquest. When Conquest came out elsewhere, no one else got that event.

(And on GTS people with those want an arm and a leg for them, boo)

(Yes I'm stomping my feet like a little kid going "It's not faiiiiiiiiir")

You can get the Shiny Rayquaza event even if you're in America. As long as you have Wi-Fi and a Jap version of the Gen 5 games. tongue.gif

And you can't trade Nobunaga's Shiny Rayquaza on the GTS but you can trade the non-event ones from the R/S/E games at least.

Anyway, Diance will definitely be released in the west! How soon though... Well it'll be really great if it could be released at the same time globally! (Just like the release of X and Y!) biggrin.gif

Well, we could, but we'd have to actually get those. It's really not worth it and sorta unfair still

At least Diance will be global (And all at once would be nice)

Whenever they had a Japanese only event that I felt America should get, I either had someone clone one for me or pokegen an identical one.

They all got through pokebank.

Ow, my eyes. It's raining, in Kiloude. Ow

I don't really like Pokegenning stuff. I'm okay with cloning on legendaries, though not so much with normal Pokemon

Anyone know how to maximize inherited IVs? I assume Destiny Knots don't stack. But can they be combined with a power item or something?

It has basically been proven that Pokebank has a legality checker, not a legitimacy checker. This is to make sure that legit Pokemon won't have problems passing through Pokebank. (Though some legits still can't pass through due to their moveset... And don't even get me started on shiny Jirachi.)

So... Why should cloned Pokemon have trouble getting through Pokebank? They are basically almost exactly the same as the original legit one and there's no way for Pokebank to detect cloned Pokemon yet. tongue.gif

@MasterWeavile, I don't think Destiny Knot stacks with a Power Item... I usually just breed with my 6IV ditto that I got off wondertrade. The ditto's most probably cloned/hacked though. XP

Edited by ranger X92

Hmm, well then I guess I'm stuck. I'll have to wait for this Pokemon to inherit all five proper IVs with the Knot >_<

Well... You could also just wait till a kid with a better IV spread than their parents shows up and swap out one of the parents with it. (If you haven't already been doing this.)

This was what I used to do before getting the 6IV ditto. I'm so glad Pokemon doesn't have any repercussions for inbreeding and that the game doesn't have an option to show a Pokemon's lineage like Dragcave. tongue.gif

You can get the Shiny Rayquaza event even if you're in America. As long as you have Wi-Fi and a Jap version of the Gen 5 games. tongue.gif

True, but in my case my regular DS/DS lite won't connect to the wi-fi here (I do have an imported White Version, because I was too impatient to wait for it to be released in the US). Only my 3DS will connect to my wi-fi and 3DS is region locked, boo.

I have. But I haven't gotten better than 4IVs. I also have yet to get an Adamant nature. I have literally gotten everything else in my 52 Absol, but no Adamant ones :/

Turns out my eevee somebody gave me shiny has 6IVS as well It has cute charm as a ability.

What moveset would probably be good for that? I heard pixelate is great only if it has hyper voice - all the other nonphysical fairy moves are pretty bad.

Also, if anybody has a 6IV diiiitto , I'll gladly trade a few shinies for it (including legenries)~

Edited by Qualeo

So the US IS gettting Diancie?

Not confirmed, nor has the release in Japan. It's just confirmed to appear in the next movie (which is July 7th, so don't expect to see the distribution until then).

Based on history it'll be released for sure (at least in Japan). As far as other countries go we have to wait and see.

It has basically been proven that Pokebank has a legality checker, not a legitimacy checker. This is to make sure that legit Pokemon won't have problems passing through Pokebank. (Though some legits still can't pass through due to their moveset... And don't even get me started on shiny Jirachi.)

So... Why should cloned Pokemon have trouble getting through Pokebank? They are basically almost exactly the same as the original legit one and there's no way for Pokebank to detect cloned Pokemon yet. tongue.gif

@MasterWeavile, I don't think Destiny Knot stacks with a Power Item... I usually just breed with my 6IV ditto that I got off wondertrade. The ditto's most probably cloned/hacked though. XP

As someone who used Pokecheck to fill up roughly 500 pokemon in her dex... I can definitely say legal clones will go through without a hitch xd.png Seriously. 500-ish pokemon and only three rejected-- one was an iffy Lugia, one was Shiny Jirachi, and one Dusclops that... okay, that one had looked fine but idk. All my shiny clones went through without an issue, the only thing is you just can't trade them over GTS or Wonder Trade xd.png But you can with passerby/friends/etc!

Not confirmed, nor has the release in Japan. It's just confirmed to appear in the next movie (which is July 7th, so don't expect to see the distribution until then).

Based on history it'll be released for sure (at least in Japan). As far as other countries go we have to wait and see.

Hopefully we do.