TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Not finished quite yet...but I've added the cat stuck in the tree...

The magical cat...

What do you think so far?

Me house

Edited by cathil

So, the 2012 X-mas dragons are male.... again. I was under the impression that they alternated male and female. Guess I was wrong.

well, we had females 2 years in a row (snow angels, then Ribbon dancers); I believe it would be logical that there will be males the following two years. wink.gif

The adult sprite is gorgeous! I love the dynamic pose and the patterns in the wing. Lovely! wub.gif Along with everyone's gingerbread houses, keep sharing them please! I love seeing what everyone comes up with. smile.gif

Speaking of, I made some more changes to my gingerbread house. xd.png

Oh...my goodness, the artistic talent in some people ohmy.gif -

I'm going to go make a dragon on mine...on the roof...a green one...

the description says holiday dragons bring christmas cheer but this one looks ready to swoop down and eat you, lolololol. i love it biggrin.gif

I like these dragons-- they may be one of my favorite Christmas sprites overall. This is also the first time I've ever liked a year's Christmas dragon over the Halloween ones.

It's cool that they're not too overbearing with the Christmas references, like the Yulebuck. Not too overly-shiny like the Ribbon Dancers, where it's hard to make out good detail in the face. And the colors aren't too hard on the eyes, like the Winter Magi. They still remind me of strawberries though, lol.

So yeah, I like them. I do wish the horns would have been something other than green, which makes it blend in with the underbelly.

The adult sprite is gorgeous! I love the dynamic pose and the patterns in the wing. Lovely! wub.gif Along with everyone's gingerbread houses, keep sharing them please! I love seeing what everyone comes up with. smile.gif

Speaking of, I made some more changes to my gingerbread house. xd.png

Holy.... I don't even have adequate words for how amazing and mind boggling that is. Wow. Just.. WOW. smile.gif

How long did that take you?

Holy.... I don't even have adequate words for how amazing and mind boggling that is. Wow. Just.. WOW. smile.gif

How long did that take you?

Aw, thanks for your kind words, cathil and jocosa! I spent about an hour making a small version, then cleared the whole thing because it had no detail. For this second (and final!) attempt, it took me about 2.5 hours total - working in bits over a few days, of course. xd.png

Aaaaaah! It's great -- mystical pathway to another world! Hehehe. I love the look of the door itself, and the railing you've made for the path. Super-cool!

Oh, and Finz, thanks for the compliments and the nice text tip! May's roof-writing is also very nice. Instead of text, I found something else to fill my roof: a dormer window! I also did a little door decor, and now I think I'm really done. I'm too scared that if I try something new, I'll want to go back to this one and have to build it all over again!

user posted image

Do eeet... Love the tree swing!

I've got a naming poll going on in the Site Discussion section for these new Christmas Dragons. Lets see what the Cave at large thinks they should be called.

They still remind me of strawberries though, lol.

When I first saw the hatchlings I thought they looked like Christmas watermelons. xd.png

Wait a second... This morning TJ had two adults. Now he has one adult and one frozen hatchie. Huh?

What's their official name? Or do we know yet?

When I first saw the hatchlings I thought they looked like Christmas watermelons. xd.png

Oh man, I cannot unsee that now. The red / white / green color combo is totally watermelon.

These dragons sure are fruity.

The dragons are very pretty, but I wish I could see more of the body.

Aw, thanks for your kind words, cathil and jocosa! I spent about an hour making a small version, then cleared the whole thing because it had no detail. For this second (and final!) attempt, it took me about 2.5 hours total - working in bits over a few days, of course. xd.png

I'm attempting to make a dragon on mine...I have no patience, and in 15 minutes I made this.

I have to admit that the adults aren't my favorite. Too... flashy? The colors kind of hurt my eyes.

But I LOVE the hatchies and will be freezing one (yes, freezing a CB holiday hatchie, it's unthinkable!)

I am amazed at the artistic talents of some of our members! blink.gif

Had to say that before this is over tongue.gif

Beautiful work!! smile.gif

I change the landscape again....I might add another tree, maybe an asain style one...lord know ohmy.gif if i have room for it.

loves it just loves it so pretty