TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Aaaaaah! It's great -- mystical pathway to another world! Hehehe. I love the look of the door itself, and the railing you've made for the path. Super-cool!

Oh, and Finz, thanks for the compliments and the nice text tip! May's roof-writing is also very nice. Instead of text, I found something else to fill my roof: a dormer window! I also did a little door decor, and now I think I'm really done. I'm too scared that if I try something new, I'll want to go back to this one and have to build it all over again!

user posted image

The dormer window is such a great idea! And the tree with the little swing on it - perfect! Added the red and white color scheme this is one of my favorite houses so far.

I wub.gif the adults! These are definitely my favorite Christmas dragon.

I redid the border around my gingerbread house. I'm still not completely happy with it. I wish we had light purple candy cane pieces. Ah well, if I get bored later I may try it with some of the frosting.

My little dragons just hatched and they're sooo adorable. And my two hollies gendered right, too. Next year it's going to be purebred hollies for everyone!

My little dragons just hatched and they're sooo adorable. And my two hollies gendered right, too. Next year it's going to be purebred hollies for everyone!

If you want people to want to trade with you for one of the Hollies, instead of breeding them together you may want to find a 7th Gen Even (common or uncommon) to breed the female to. People were have trouble trading messy lineaged Hollies this year.

the white highlight could be a bit lesser on the aduld but the new holiday still look awesone

my Gingerbread House

user posted image

Edited by Seiti

I'm not going to look at the adults until mine mature. I've finally decided to do it this time. I think they'll look great, though.

Edited by Darklight

I amazed at the creativity of folks at decorating their houses and how some of you take things and make other things out of them. (I hope that made sense.)

And what might these, um, interesting new dragons be called?

If you want people to want to trade with you for one of the Hollies, instead of breeding them together you may want to find a 7th Gen Even (common or uncommon) to breed the female to. People were have trouble trading messy lineaged Hollies this year.

^^ Agree! ^^

And what might these, um, interesting new dragons be called?

No one knows yet. The artist has yet to say.

Kelkelen your house is my favourite so far, so much detail and imagination !

I'm really looking forwards to having my grown Wrapping Paper dragons, I am so crossing my fingers for them to have a gift wrapping BSA.

Some people complained they aren't 'christmassy' enough but I disagree - they're red and green and look just like wrapping paper, which totally reminds me of christmas morning, all the shiny presents under the tree :3

Plus the same complaint was had last year with the winter magis X'D

I can't see any complaints about them here - expecting something different not always means that something is bad or ugly. Everybody sees things in a different light, I simply do not have this picture of presents under the Christmas tree in mind when I look at them.

Aaaaaah! It's great -- mystical pathway to another world! Hehehe. I love the look of the door itself, and the railing you've made for the path. Super-cool!

Oh, and Finz, thanks for the compliments and the nice text tip! May's roof-writing is also very nice. Instead of text, I found something else to fill my roof: a dormer window! I also did a little door decor, and now I think I'm really done. I'm too scared that if I try something new, I'll want to go back to this one and have to build it all over again!

user posted image

I was just strolling through looking at gingerbread houses...

Then I found yours! ohmy.gif

I really want to copy the swing idea so bad. xd.png

Well, not the whole tree and the swing...but just make a little couch for people to sit on...and maybe even a person...playing a board game...

Mine is board game themed. biggrin.gif There's a huge die about the size of the door...there's a checkerboard with the dragons as game pieces...and there's also diamonds, hearts, clubs, and spades.

The black clubs was hard to make on the wall if I wanted it to be the same size as the others...but I just used my creativity and made it even bigger and put it smack on the door. smile.gif

I'm really looking forwards to having my grown Wrapping Paper dragons, I am so crossing my fingers for them to have a gift wrapping BSA.

I highly doubt that a BSA will ever be assigned to event dragons. And besides, the "transfer" teleport option is already covering the gifting aspect.

I highly doubt that a BSA will ever be assigned to event dragons. And besides, the "transfer" teleport option is already covering the gifting aspect.

You would have to find that thread to go into more detail, but it actually was cleared that Christmas dragons could potentially get that BSA. Besides, this is not a replica of teleport, it simply allows to wrap a gift. Anyway, this is not really the place to debate the subject.

I've started working on my house with my sister but after seeing some of the houses on here I'm a bit discouraged xd.png It will never be half as good.

I wish we could get the house as a kit to play with all year. With all the amazing houses in this thread, while I do like mine, I keep getting other ideas that I would like to play with whenever I want, and save a whole city of pretty little houses. Thank you to TJ and all the wonderful spriters that created this endlessly fascinating event!

As for the new Dragons, they remind me of some of my grandmother's old glass bird ornaments, probably dating back to the 1930s or 40s. Very beautiful, and I love the pose. Thank you, aangs-sister, for your gorgeous dragon!

I'm not going to look at the adults until mine mature. I've finally decided to do it this time. I think they'll look great, though.

That's what I said... I caved after a couple of hours. Good luck! biggrin.gif

I love the new Christmas dragons, so beautiful. And I think I have finished my gingerbread house, but it doesn't hold a candle to some of the amazing ones I have seen on here. Some people (me not included) are so talented smile.gif

I know this has probibly been answered before but the search engine is off at the moment so:

How long will we have to edit our gingerbread houses? I want to keep working on it but I have other things to do and I wouldn't want to stop only to come back and I can't edit anymore.

Popping in to look at more pretty houses all so pretty im going to miss this lol

One of mine gendered yay woot.......... still no word from the artist I see about the beautiful Dragon and what she calls them

ill check back soon

You would have to find that thread to go into more detail, but it actually was cleared that Christmas dragons could potentially get that BSA. Besides, this is not a replica of teleport, it simply allows to wrap a gift. Anyway, this is not really the place to debate the subject.

Link then, por favor? smile.gif