TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

So many gorgeous houses! I am amazed and impressed by all the creativity everyone is coming up with. I keep seeing new houses and thinking "I want to do that!" but I know I'd never have the patience to make it happen. laugh.gif

I did mine and I'm really happy with it but even as simple as mine was, near the end I was ready to "be done". xd.png

I'm not sure how I feel about the new Holidays. I do think they are pretty, but based on the egg design I was hoping for something else. The colors are nice as well but for some reason, to me, I look at them and they feel... rubbery?

This has been a wonderful event (though I was sad the dragons did not dress up this year), and I'm grateful and super appreciative to everyone who made it all happen. Thank you, so much! smile.gif

Edited by jocosa

I know this has probibly been answered before but the search engine is off at the moment so:

How long will we have to edit our gingerbread houses? I want to keep working on it but I have other things to do and I wouldn't want to stop only to come back and I can't edit anymore.

other news post says until midnight, jan 2.. so 11:59pm Jan 1st. you need to be done tongue.gif

Aaaaaah!  It's great -- mystical pathway to another world!  Hehehe.  I love the look of the door itself, and the railing you've made for the path.  Super-cool! 

Oh, and Finz, thanks for the compliments and the nice text tip!  May's roof-writing is also very nice.  Instead of text, I found something else to fill my roof: a dormer window!  I also did a little door decor, and now I think I'm really done.  I'm too scared that if I try something new, I'll want to go back to this one and have to build it all over again! 

user posted image

I love the tree that you created! wub.gif

I really wasn't into the trees provided for us, but I didn't think of creating something like that laugh.gif

Your house is just amazing!! smile.gif

Edited by DeathCry

Ohmygosh, the adult is... kind of blinding.

blink.gif ... blink.gif ... blink.gif ... dry.gif ... cool.gif

Good thing it's the same gender as the Yulebuck, or I'd have one heck of a time deciding whether or not to breed them together next year! They're extremely complementary.

So many beautiful houses, I'm impressed! I'm not so creative, I afraid. huh.gif

I like the Christmas dragon, I specially like the shape. It's very colorful and I love the pattern.

Me house

I really need help on what to put in the empty spot between the bench and the checkerboard...

And especially the roof-it has nothing so far. xd.png

Oh wow, I can't believe how many more amazing concoctions have surfaced overnight! You guys were holding off on us, haha. ;)

@ Wolfs_Bane: Oooh, play set! Only thing I'd say is that perhaps you can consider moving the "red vine" icing on the right of the swing in front of the seat? Angle wise, me thinks that would make more sense (and hides the kink of the seat!). But it's still lovely!

@ DeathCry: I love how you did the seat. ;o;

There were many, many others that look fabulous but I'm too lazy to go back a page and comment on everyone's. xP Everyone's houses are unique and delicious! :)

~

I see TJ's adult has grown up! For some reason, I wasn't stalking his hatchlings like I usually do when it comes to new releases so I totally forgot. :P That pose. o3o

Edit:

@ above: A flower garden or bush with flowers on it? I think those look cute but I didn't have enough room to do one for my own. You have plenty of room though! x3

Edited by Varekis

If you want people to want to trade with you for one of the Hollies, instead of breeding them together you may want to find a 7th Gen Even (common or uncommon) to breed the female to. People were have trouble trading messy lineaged Hollies this year.

I really like my two hollies so I wouldn't trade them, even if I still could, they're adult already. Besides, they both have nice lineages and I always wanted to see real purebred christmas dragon of one species, since the other christmas dragons are all exclusively male or female it's not possible with others.

I also have never concerned myself with specific breeding aims or lineages at all, so telling me to find a "7th Gen Even (common or uncommon)" is not telling me anything. smile.gif

Oh wow, I can't believe how many more amazing concoctions have surfaced overnight! You guys were holding off on us, haha. wink.gif

@ Wolfs_Bane: Oooh, play set! Only thing I'd say is that perhaps you can consider moving the "red vine" icing on the right of the swing in front of the seat? Angle wise, me thinks that would make more sense (and hides the kink of the seat!). But it's still lovely!

@ DeathCry: I love how you did the seat. ;o;

There were many, many others that look fabulous but I'm too lazy to go back a page and comment on everyone's. xP Everyone's houses are unique and delicious! smile.gif

~

I see TJ's adult has grown up! For some reason, I wasn't stalking his hatchlings like I usually do when it comes to new releases so I totally forgot. tongue.gif That pose. o3o

Edit:

@ above: A flower garden or bush with flowers on it? I think those look cute but I didn't have enough room to do one for my own. You have plenty of room though! x3

I don't know...I want something "board game...-ish". My theme is board games, as you can see with the door and what's on top of it...and the giant die...and the checkerboard...

I really like my two hollies so I wouldn't trade them, even if I still could, they're adult already. Besides, they both have nice lineages and I always wanted to see real purebred christmas dragon of one species, since the other christmas dragons are all exclusively male or female it's not possible with others.

I also have never concerned myself with specific breeding aims or lineages at all, so telling me to find a "7th Gen Even (common or uncommon)" is not telling me anything. smile.gif

I meant for trading/gifting next years eggs. If you click on the lineage link for your female Holly you will see what a 7th Gen Even lineage looks like. As for getting one, if you ask in the Even gen Trading thread you'll most likely get one right way or I can gift one to you.

Loving these new dragons and I also added some butterflies onto my House!!

Another blue phase, is it? tongue.gif

I don't know...I want something "board game...-ish". My theme is board games, as you can see with the door and what's on top of it...and the giant die...and the checkerboard...

Mine was originally "cute" themed but that didn't stop me from adding in Roman-esque pillars with totally theme-ignorant pedestals. XD

Hmm, idk then. You could mess around with the colours to still achieve the same results but *shrugs*

It is amazing how much the new dragon resembles actual wrapping paper. I'm not usually a fan of busy designs, but I really appreciate this effect smile.gif

What I like best about it, is the face though, this guy has character!

Me house

I really need help on what to put in the empty spot between the bench and the checkerboard...

And especially the roof-it has nothing so far. xd.png

i have seen some make a pretty flower box there with flowers growing in it that would be pretty

Almost done with mine biggrin.gif ! my house

I'm deciding on what to do with the ^ border of the right side of the roof. The exposed gingerbread bothers me a little bit mad.gif . I may also add a bit more color somewhere